The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match of the day for Pro 12 and Prem?

4 posters

Go down

Match of the day for Pro 12 and Prem? Empty Match of the day for Pro 12 and Prem?

Post by Kingshu Tue 15 Nov 2011, 3:34 pm

When does the ITV ownership of the prem highlights conclude?

I was thinking with BBC owning the viewing rights to most of the Pro 12, could they bid for the Prem highlights and then join up to put on a combinded highlights programme on a sunday night?

I for one would think a Match of the day style combinded highlights programme of all the Pro12 and Prem games would be very watchable.

If it was on before Match of the day it would be great, I'm sure it would be able to attract more viewers than the championship football chow that Follows MOTD.

Post game analysis and so on would be great.

Thoughts, would it appeal?
Would be attract a decent viewing figure?
Would it ever happen?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Match of the day for Pro 12 and Prem? Empty Re: Match of the day for Pro 12 and Prem?

Post by LondonTiger Tue 15 Nov 2011, 3:47 pm

Great idea, unlikely to happen as BBC could only afford to pay about tuppence.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Match of the day for Pro 12 and Prem? Empty Re: Match of the day for Pro 12 and Prem?

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 15 Nov 2011, 3:51 pm

It's an interesting idea but I feel there probably wouldn't be enough time to adequately cover all 6 Pro 12 matches and 6 EP matches together with analysis, and nothing annoys me more than when some teams are marginalised in the highlights and barely anything is shown except a player sliding over the whitewash with nothing of the play running up to the score.

I also get the feeling that as many of the English clubs are better supported than the Welsh and Scottish clubs (assuming that the BBC wouldn't have rights to many Irish games) then they'd command a much higher portion of the coverage - particularly as the target audience is bigger.

So good idea but I wouldn't be in favour of it.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 15 Nov 2011, 3:53 pm

They're not needed are they? Here in Wales we have Scrum V which is basically MOTD for Welsh rugby. They show Heino highlights on S4C, and ITV do a Jeff highlights programme once a week. I think Ireland has a regular rugby show, although I'm not sure about Scotland.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Tue 15 Nov 2011, 3:54 pm

if they lost MOTD to ITV again, then i'm sure it would be an alternative.

Highlights I'm sure would be worked the same way as MOTD, they pick th ebest matches to be up first, with league position and biggest teams factoring into it.

Do scrumV only show Welsh teams highlights?

Maybe even team up with RTE/BBCNI/S4C/BBCalba to produce it, show both channels at same time?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Nov 2011, 3:59 pm

Scrum V only show Welsh highlights, whereas S4C seem to get access to all highlights allbeit matches that don't have a Welsh team in get much more limited coverage. Tis better then nothing though I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 15 Nov 2011, 4:31 pm

When's the S4C highlights on dreamer?

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Nov 2011, 4:36 pm

For the HEC they were on at 7:30 on saturday and sunday I believe (I only watched the Saturday one). Penfro always puts the highlights show in the tv guide thread OK

(Just in case I wasn't clear, S4C only get all highlights for HEC not anything else).

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 15 Nov 2011, 4:44 pm

Ahh I see - I don't watch much TV but thought I hadn't seen normal league highlights advertised on S4C.

Diolch

Very Happy

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down