The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Song of all Time

+35
Anon1
dyrewolfe
Union Cane
Imperial Ghosty
paperbag_puncher
Super D Boon
Eyetoldyouso
oxring
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
ONETWOFOREVER
Jimmythebullet
Knowsit17
superflyweight
GG
bhb001
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
huw
The Galveston Giant
sodhat
Scottrf
Mind the windows Tino.
Adam D
6oldenbhoy
Steffan
Strongback
BALTIMORA
John Bloody Wayne
AlexHuckerby
Sugar Boy Sweetie
88Chris05
ShahenshahG
Rowley
Fists of Fury
TRUSSMAN66
Michaels, Sean
39 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Best Song of all Time

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

After todays thread on Steffan's Shed 7 tickets, I'm running a 606v2 Boxing 'Best Song of All Time Thread'.

Much like Union (without the cheating and favouritism), you all get your picks. It ends on Sunday midnight. I'll then do a top 10 poll.

Fire away.........

PS list your top 3
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Posts : 2542
Join date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down


Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:01 am

rowley wrote:Who is Nicki Minaj?

Do you have Google in Yorkshire?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19335
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by Scottrf Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:01 am

rowley wrote:Who is Nicki Minaj?
Listen to 'Super Bass' when you get home.

Scottrf

Posts : 14268
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by Rowley Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:03 am

Scottrf wrote:
rowley wrote:Who is Nicki Minaj?
Listen to 'Super Bass' when you get home.

Probably unlikely to happen Scott, Tina am always a bit wary of googling females named on here, fell for that on the fit women thread.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 48
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by Scottrf Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:04 am

rowley wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
rowley wrote:Who is Nicki Minaj?
Listen to 'Super Bass' when you get home.
Probably unlikely to happen Scott, Tina am always a bit wary of googling females named on here, fell for that on the fit women thread.
She's one of the biggest selling artists of the last couple of years. A sensation. You will love her.


Last edited by Scottrf on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Scottrf

Posts : 14268
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by BALTIMORA Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:04 am

rowley wrote:Who is Nicki Minaj?
This pig-dog:
Spoiler:
Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Nicki-minaj-sheer

BALTIMORA

Posts : 5566
Join date : 2011-02-18
Age : 41
Location : This user is no longer active.

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by huw Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:05 am

BALTIMORA wrote:Tino - long as she's not one of them there French Canadians...

Huw - Nicki Minaj is munting. What have you been smoking?

Crystal meth and it makes her pretty fine, only behind Rihanna in my to do list.

huw

Posts : 1211
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by Rowley Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:06 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
rowley wrote:Who is Nicki Minaj?
This pig-dog:
Spoiler:
Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Nicki-minaj-sheer

That is quite a big bottom she has there Balti

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 48
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by Michaels, Sean Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:06 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
rowley wrote:Who is Nicki Minaj?
This pig-dog:
Spoiler:
Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Nicki-minaj-sheer

She's got a big old 'arris. Never understood some blokes infatuation with that.

Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Posts : 2542
Join date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by BALTIMORA Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:07 am

Least it distracts you from her face.

BALTIMORA

Posts : 5566
Join date : 2011-02-18
Age : 41
Location : This user is no longer active.

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:07 am

huw wrote:
behind Rihanna in my to do list.

I have 'insulate the loft' and 'clear the garage' on my to do list at the moment.

Sounds like I need to borrow yours, huw.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19335
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:08 am

Michaels, Sean wrote:Always thought Tracy Chapman was a geezer.

I went to a wedding where they played REM's Imitation of Life as the first dance. Strangely moving.

Anyone like The Delays?

Yes! Sean I am a big fan of the Delays, knew them back in 00/01 when they were called Idoru and have the very rare Idoru Safety In Numbers EP. Have met them numerous times at small gigs they used to do around Camden, both Greg & Aaron are thoroughly nice blokes. What's your favourite track?
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Posts : 1869
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by huw Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:08 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
rowley wrote:Who is Nicki Minaj?
This pig-dog:
Spoiler:
Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Nicki-minaj-sheer

or a better picture:

Spoiler:
Best Song of all Time - Page 3 41Pyq0QhXrL._SL600_
[/quote]

huw

Posts : 1211
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by Rowley Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:09 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
huw wrote:
behind Rihanna in my to do list.

I have 'insulate the loft' and 'clear the garage' on my to do list at the moment.

Sounds like I need to borrow yours, huw.

I have read Bomber Graham's autobiography and clear some stuff off my sky planner, agree Huw's list seems far more exciting.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 48
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by huw Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:09 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
huw wrote:
behind Rihanna in my to do list.

I have 'insulate the loft' and 'clear the garage' on my to do list at the moment.

Sounds like I need to borrow yours, huw.

You can have my list once I've finished.

huw

Posts : 1211
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by BALTIMORA Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:10 am

Huw all you're doing there is proving that it's only the photographer makes her look even remotely decent. She's a hound.

On a different note; anyone else a fan of Kyuss and Fugazi?

BALTIMORA

Posts : 5566
Join date : 2011-02-18
Age : 41
Location : This user is no longer active.

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:13 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
On a different note; anyone else a fan of Kyuss and Fugazi?

I don't mind Kyuss, but I find Fugazi doesn't keep well in the bottle. Better to drink it straight away.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19335
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by huw Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:16 am

BALTIMORA wrote:Huw all you're doing there is proving that it's only the photographer makes her look even remotely decent. She's a hound.

On a different note; anyone else a fan of Kyuss and Fugazi?

All women are beautiful, only some don't know how to make the most of their beauty. She also looks very hot in her video's, some of the papped photos don't look as good as she has a bit of the Gaga's about her where she insists on being an art project.

I bet she is filthy as well and that in general is the main thing I look for in a woman. Also explains why Rihanna is better looking than Beyonce although you look at photos of them and Beyonce is by far the better looking.

huw

Posts : 1211
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by sodhat Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:19 am

huw wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:Huw all you're doing there is proving that it's only the photographer makes her look even remotely decent. She's a hound.

On a different note; anyone else a fan of Kyuss and Fugazi?

All women are beautiful, only some don't know how to make the most of their beauty. She also looks very hot in her video's, some of the papped photos don't look as good as she has a bit of the Gaga's about her where she insists on being an art project.

I bet she is filthy as well and that in general is the main thing I look for in a woman. Also explains why Rihanna is better looking than Beyonce although you look at photos of them and Beyonce is by far the better looking.

Do you mean that literally? Because there is a whole camp of unwashed protesters down here, not all of them can be munting.

sodhat

Posts : 22236
Join date : 2011-02-28
Age : 33
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by huw Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:21 am

sodhat wrote:
huw wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:Huw all you're doing there is proving that it's only the photographer makes her look even remotely decent. She's a hound.

On a different note; anyone else a fan of Kyuss and Fugazi?

All women are beautiful, only some don't know how to make the most of their beauty. She also looks very hot in her video's, some of the papped photos don't look as good as she has a bit of the Gaga's about her where she insists on being an art project.

I bet she is filthy as well and that in general is the main thing I look for in a woman. Also explains why Rihanna is better looking than Beyonce although you look at photos of them and Beyonce is by far the better looking.

Do you mean that literally? Because there is a whole camp of unwashed protesters down here, not all of them can be munting.

I'm on my way!

huw

Posts : 1211
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:22 am

I usually take women who look like that to the carnival. That way she can stick her head in the hole and get hit in the face by sponges and I can bang her from behind without having to keep my eyes closed.

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15725
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 36
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by BALTIMORA Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:22 am

Anyone who's says "all women are beautiful" can not have seen Clare Short, Janet Street Porter or Sarah Jessica Parker.

BALTIMORA

Posts : 5566
Join date : 2011-02-18
Age : 41
Location : This user is no longer active.

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:24 am

BALTIMORA wrote:Anyone who's says "all women are beautiful" can not have seen Clare Short, Janet Street Porter or Sarah Jessica Parker.

Raise you Anne Widdecombe.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19335
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by Rowley Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:25 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:Anyone who's says "all women are beautiful" can not have seen Clare Short, Janet Street Porter or Sarah Jessica Parker.

Raise you Anne Widdecombe.

Any excuse to bring the conversation back to Strictly with you Tina.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 48
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:26 am

Blur - Song 2
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Posts : 5333
Join date : 2011-02-23
Age : 36
Location : Scotland

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by BALTIMORA Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:27 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:Anyone who's says "all women are beautiful" can not have seen Clare Short, Janet Street Porter or Sarah Jessica Parker.

Raise you Anne Widdecombe.
Always thought she looks like Dr Zaius from Planet of the Apes. Good call. Fizz from Corrie?

BALTIMORA

Posts : 5566
Join date : 2011-02-18
Age : 41
Location : This user is no longer active.

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:30 am

ugl
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Posts : 5333
Join date : 2011-02-23
Age : 36
Location : Scotland

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:31 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:Anyone who's says "all women are beautiful" can not have seen Clare Short, Janet Street Porter or Sarah Jessica Parker.

Raise you Anne Widdecombe.

Strong lad

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15725
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 36
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:34 am

The Galveston Giant wrote:ugl

y. You ain't got no alibi, you ugly yeah, you ugly.

A prize to the first person to get it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19335
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by BALTIMORA Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:34 am

Who was the other fugly politician-the dead one? Mo Mowlam! Wouldn't touch her with yours. Any of yours.

BALTIMORA

Posts : 5566
Join date : 2011-02-18
Age : 41
Location : This user is no longer active.

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by BALTIMORA Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:35 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:ugl

y. You ain't got no alibi, you ugly yeah, you ugly.

A prize to the first person to get it.
Daphne & Celeste.

BALTIMORA

Posts : 5566
Join date : 2011-02-18
Age : 41
Location : This user is no longer active.

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:36 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:ugl

y. You ain't got no alibi, you ugly yeah, you ugly.

A prize to the first person to get it.
Daphne & Celeste.

Correct.

You win my respect, which is something you previously didn't have.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19335
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:36 am

laughing Close Tino, close. I need to pretend to send a comment to see updated ones. I Flip up.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Posts : 5333
Join date : 2011-02-23
Age : 36
Location : Scotland

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by huw Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:40 am

BALTIMORA wrote:Anyone who's says "all women are beautiful" can not have seen Clare Short, Janet Street Porter or Sarah Jessica Parker.

They could all look beautiful, they just need to know how. In the cases of those above I would suggest that they need to apply alcohol to the mouth of men. Not just a little but fully caked on.

huw

Posts : 1211
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by sodhat Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:43 am

huw wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:Anyone who's says "all women are beautiful" can not have seen Clare Short, Janet Street Porter or Sarah Jessica Parker.

They could all look beautiful, they just need to know how. In the cases of those above I would suggest that they need to apply alcohol to the mouth of men. Not just a little but fully caked on.

I think the standards fall dependant on the looks of men too though. For example, these ladies(?) would need to fill Brad Pitt (no homo) with a whole bottle of jagermeister, probably a few pints and a shot of tequila, whereas someone like me might only need a strong lager and a vivid imagination to get me through.

sodhat

Posts : 22236
Join date : 2011-02-28
Age : 33
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by Adam D Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:44 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:Anyone who's says "all women are beautiful" can not have seen Clare Short, Janet Street Porter or Sarah Jessica Parker.

Raise you Anne Widdecombe.
Always thought she looks like Dr Zaius from Planet of the Apes. Good call. Fizz from Corrie?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMnG3gOqigE&feature=related


Adam D
Founder
Founder

Posts : 23684
Join date : 2011-01-24
Age : 48
Location : Parts Unknown

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by huw Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:50 am

BALTIMORA wrote:Anyone who's says "all women are beautiful" can not have seen Clare Short, Janet Street Porter or Sarah Jessica Parker.

She'd be one of the few women in the world who you wouldn't actually want a blowie from regardless of how drunk you were. Would end up a little bit like the mangled arm of someone who had an accident with heavy michinery at work.

huw

Posts : 1211
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by Michaels, Sean Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:59 am

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
Michaels, Sean wrote:Always thought Tracy Chapman was a geezer.

I went to a wedding where they played REM's Imitation of Life as the first dance. Strangely moving.

Anyone like The Delays?

Yes! Sean I am a big fan of the Delays, knew them back in 00/01 when they were called Idoru and have the very rare Idoru Safety In Numbers EP. Have met them numerous times at small gigs they used to do around Camden, both Greg & Aaron are thoroughly nice blokes. What's your favourite track?

Nearer Than Heaven. Has to be.

Mate from Southampton went to School with Aaron.

They still going? Criminally underrated.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Posts : 2542
Join date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:00 pm

Come out ye Black and Tans - Wolf Tones

Go Home British Soldiers - Wolf Tones

Oh Stick you, your mama too (and your daddy) - Dafney & Celeste
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Posts : 4322
Join date : 2011-02-01
Location : Costa Del Belfast

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by Michaels, Sean Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:04 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:Anyone who's says "all women are beautiful" can not have seen Clare Short, Janet Street Porter or Sarah Jessica Parker.

Raise you Anne Widdecombe.

I sees your Ann Widdecombe and I reezes you Orla Guerin (BBC news reporter, google it......)
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Posts : 2542
Join date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:09 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
Michaels, Sean wrote:Always thought Tracy Chapman was a geezer.

I went to a wedding where they played REM's Imitation of Life as the first dance. Strangely moving.

Anyone like The Delays?

Yes! Sean I am a big fan of the Delays, knew them back in 00/01 when they were called Idoru and have the very rare Idoru Safety In Numbers EP. Have met them numerous times at small gigs they used to do around Camden, both Greg & Aaron are thoroughly nice blokes. What's your favourite track?

Nearer Than Heaven. Has to be.

Mate from Southampton went to School with Aaron.

They still going? Criminally underrated.

Yeah they're still going, changed record labels about 4 times I think, their last album was poor compared to the first 3, be interested to see what they do next. NTH also my favourite, although Lost in a Melody runs it close. Always hoped they'd make it big but wasn't to be, but they seem to make a living out of it - their music is often used as a backdrop on things like Match of the Day. I agree they are one of the most criminally underrated British bands of the last ten years (along with Idlewild).
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Posts : 1869
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by bhb001 Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:25 pm

Hurricane by Bob Dylan (not for the boxing connection. I just seriously love the lyrics in that song)
Common People by Pulp (best song of the 90's)
What do I get? by The Buzzcocks (just full of anst)

bhb001

Posts : 2675
Join date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by sodhat Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:35 pm

bhb001 wrote:Hurricane by Bob Dylan (not for the boxing connection. I just seriously love the lyrics in that song)
Common People by Pulp (best song of the 90's)
What do I get? by The Buzzcocks (just full of anst)

Hurricane is right up there as one of my favourite Dylan songs, and he makes me listen to every word he says.

I always felt like Disco 2000 or Do You Remember the First Time were the best Pulp songs. Saw them twice in the summer, and they were excellent both times.

sodhat

Posts : 22236
Join date : 2011-02-28
Age : 33
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by GG Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:37 pm

Radiohead - Creep
The Who - My Generation
RHCP - Scar Tissue

GG

Posts : 1878
Join date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by Rowley Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:37 pm

Struggle to listen to Dylan, his voice is just horrible, appreciate he is one of the finest songwriters of all time (behind Ray Davies obviously) but he is probably the only artist in the world where I tend to prefer people covering his songs.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 48
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by superflyweight Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:40 pm

Only ever sure of my favourite -

Shine a Light - Spiritualized (particularly the live version from the Royal Albert Hall concert).









superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7641
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by sodhat Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:40 pm

Think I'm desensitised to it now rowley, but to begin with I couldn't much stand it either. I was the same with Nick Cave, but he won me round big style.

I almost prefer the less gifted vocalists now, in fact.

sodhat

Posts : 22236
Join date : 2011-02-28
Age : 33
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by Scottrf Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:42 pm

sodhat wrote:Think I'm desensitised to it now rowley, but to begin with I couldn't much stand it either. I was the same with Nick Cave, but he won me round big style.

I almost prefer the less gifted vocalists now, in fact.
Stone Roses fan too?

Scottrf

Posts : 14268
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:43 pm

Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black) - Neil Young

Rock and Roll Star - Oasis

Whiskey in the Jar - Thin Lizzy
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Posts : 4322
Join date : 2011-02-01
Location : Costa Del Belfast

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:44 pm

sodhat wrote:
I almost prefer the less gifted vocalists now, in fact.

You'll love Rainy night in Soho then, sodhat.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19335
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by Rowley Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:44 pm

Scottrf wrote:
sodhat wrote:Think I'm desensitised to it now rowley, but to begin with I couldn't much stand it either. I was the same with Nick Cave, but he won me round big style.

I almost prefer the less gifted vocalists now, in fact.
Stone Roses fan too?

Think the well of Stone Roses jokes is starting to run a bit dry Scott, I say this out of love would hate to see you become a one trick pony.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 48
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Best Song of all Time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Song of all Time

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum