The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chance to really develop the Rygbi Gogledd Cymru region?

2 posters

Go down

Chance to really develop the Rygbi Gogledd Cymru region? Empty Chance to really develop the Rygbi Gogledd Cymru region?

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 24 Nov 2011, 5:07 pm

I just thought I'd see if anyone on here thought that the large amounts of youngsters being produced by the regions and their academies combined with the decrease in number of Premiership clubs could mean a lot of potential for the WRU to get it's S*h*i*t together in regards to North Wales and get RGC into some form of regular competition and allow/encourage the many youngsters who won't get game time at their region - particularly when the internationals are back, to be loaned out to RGC and mix it up with the local youngsters.

This could benefit the current regions as it would improve and develop their youngsters leading to higher competition within their squads, and would benefit North Wales by allowing any talented youngsters up there to play in a higher quality team and so enable them to develop their talents and showcase their skills to the Welsh regions/English clubs.

It might also generate more interest within the general public as they'd know they'd get to watch potential future internationals and some exciting youngsters - and the region should win quite a few games.

What do people think?

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Chance to really develop the Rygbi Gogledd Cymru region? Empty Re: Chance to really develop the Rygbi Gogledd Cymru region?

Post by doctornickolas Thu 24 Nov 2011, 6:02 pm

I think RGC are being parachuted in to the Welsh league system. Can't for the life of me remember which division they will be in though.

Hopefully they can do well and work their way up and then play in the Premiership and then be a full region.

It is going to take some time though and I don't think we will see a proper region there for 6 or 7 years.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Chance to really develop the Rygbi Gogledd Cymru region? Empty Re: Chance to really develop the Rygbi Gogledd Cymru region?

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 24 Nov 2011, 6:08 pm

Id like to see the youngsters from other regions given gametime there to 1.speed up the development of the rgc region 2.give ganetime to these youngsters who would otherwise rot on the bench (prydie, phillips, j williams) amd 3 increase the number of international or regional standard welsh qualified players

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down