The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

+99
eirebilly
ReallyReal
Liam
Biltong
XR
President Trump
westisbest
1GrumpyGolfer
B91212
Fists of Fury
Sugar Floyd Louis
JPX
littleswannygirl
bretmeharty
screamingaddabs
Union Cane
Michaels, Sean
huw
TRUSSMAN66
compelling and rich
Josiah Maiestas
Irish Curry
Sir. badgerhands
Celtic Warrior
Cymroglan
Kenny
Gregers
greybeard
Thomond
easthfc
Beer
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Ar aghaidh le cheile
liverbnz
nottins_jones
sodhat
Gaelic-Warrior
Nay
Unknown Brother
Breadvan
dummy_half
Crimey
Cari
longrangeeffort
CFCNick
Luckless Pedestrian
Derbyblue
KilliePieUpNorth2
Chuck Norris
sherm
Doon the Water
racingnut
Il Gialloblu
Mr Bounce
Davie
Pr4wn
MR. scotland27
Sway
Liam_Main
hibbywul
camerajuan
Marsh
GG
Mat
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
ALPanorak
BigPhil
AquaArab
Cheesehead United
Kay Fabe
Blade
Dexter Morgan
scfc1992
Clunge4life
Holymiky
Enforcer
TipToes88
Titch
Fernando
Legend
Haddie-nuff
theundisputedY2D2
hodge
themill72
davidl1061
Solerina
Lex-Express
ADMIN
Bobby Roode
Pal Joey
Perfect Jack
Jammy31
AberdeenSteve
asdral225
Adam D
Kaiser
Dave.
David Tails
Big Daddy Bee
103 posters

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread - Page 17 Empty The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

Post by Big Daddy Bee Fri 28 Jan 2011 - 18:39

First topic message reminder :

So then people what really annoys you.

No matter how gig or trivial it is, this is the thread to vent your anger and annoyance.

I shall start this with:

Starburst. They are not Starburst, they are Opel Fruits and always will be. And don't get me started on Snickers. STOP CHANGING THE NAME OF SWEETS!!!! :evil:

Big Daddy Bee

Back to top Go down

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

Post by Guest Mon 23 Jan 2012 - 16:45

when people know you have had a crap day, and then continue to try and antagonise you!!

Back to top Go down

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

Post by Beer Mon 23 Jan 2012 - 17:12

cricketfan90 wrote:when people know you have had a crap day, and then continue to try and antagonise you!!

Hug

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Jan 2012 - 17:44

how did you know what i meant KB Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue 24 Jan 2012 - 9:53

It does my head in when people bitch and moan about bad weather, you live in Britian/Ireland, you have lived here all your life, its been the same every year and is expected to be bad every year so deal with it mad

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 24 Jan 2012 - 10:13

Dicey Reilly wrote:It does my head in when people bitch and moan about bad weather, you live in Britian/Ireland, you have lived here all your life, its been the same every year and is expected to be bad every year so deal with it mad

Is it raining potatoes?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue 24 Jan 2012 - 10:16

King Beer wrote:
Dicey Reilly wrote:It does my head in when people bitch and moan about bad weather, you live in Britian/Ireland, you have lived here all your life, its been the same every year and is expected to be bad every year so deal with it mad

Is it raining potatoes?

No we only have potato rain at harvest time, do you not know anything Very Happy

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 24 Jan 2012 - 10:36

Doesn't really grind any gears but I find it quite funny when some people have these crazy assumptions about the weather & wildlife in Oz.

Some of it is true, yes; there are many nasties that can kill you in under 15 minutes and yes; it can get boiling hot here in the summer. However, the reality is you have to be very unlucky to get bitten by any poisonous critter (OUCH!....SLAP!!!) and it's not always a case of the mercury bursting out of the top of the thermometer.

In fact, the weather here (along the NSW coast) is so variable. This summer has been crap... way too many wet days and only short bursts of sunshine.

It's even bloody raining now and it's expected to go on for days. Not complaining though. Very Happy (I quite like it like this; neither hot nor cold)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 24 Jan 2012 - 11:09

Linebreaker wrote:Doesn't really grind any gears but I find it quite funny when some people have these crazy assumptions about the weather & wildlife in Oz.

Some of it is true, yes; there are many nasties that can kill you in under 15 minutes and yes; it can get boiling hot here in the summer. However, the reality is you have to be very unlucky to get bitten by any poisonous critter (OUCH!....SLAP!!!) and it's not always a case of the mercury bursting out of the top of the thermometer.

In fact, the weather here (along the NSW coast) is so variable. This summer has been crap... way too many wet days and only short bursts of sunshine.

It's even bloody raining now and it's expected to go on for days. Not complaining though. Very Happy (I quite like it like this; neither hot nor cold)

Me best mate lives in Perth and all he does is complain about the weather. He was expecting 40 degrees everyday, not varying cloud cover, showers and winds.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 24 Jan 2012 - 11:15

They get much hotter days in the west - Adelaide and Perth especially. Melbourne also gets hotter summer temps than Sydney (despite being nearly 1000km south) since it is closer to the desert and there are no mountains to shield it from desert nor-westerlies.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu 26 Jan 2012 - 8:17

I can't really say this 'grinds my gears' as such, but I've always wondered why women seem to bring 6 or 7 bags into work? There's the handbag, then maybe a rucksack/schoolbag type and then several other carrier bags full of stuff. Why on earth would you need all that stuff? I take less when I'm on weekend trips!

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Sat 28 Jan 2012 - 8:48

Same as my English friends and relatives think it always rains in Scotland.

Mind you I would rather have the rain than the rapidly growing dust bowl and water shortages of SE England.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 4:38

There's talk in some rugby threads of certain team's fans "being happy with the LBP" or "we should aim for the LBP".

Call me overly positive but I fail to understand this mentality. Ok, if you are tipping a result... fair enough, but does a coach for instance tell his players - "look... we can't win this one. Just try and make sure we keep within X points of them. I'm happy with that!"

Also this idea in football where there might still be 5 mins left in regular time; 3 mins of overtime - and a defended dribbles the ball 20m to a corner and stands with his foot on the ball in an effort to run down the clock. Such a blight on the game for a spectator.

This method back-fired horribly a few weeks ago in a match here in Oz. Sydney were up 1-0 in the 89th min. The defender takes the ball to the corner but the ball gets raked back by the attacking player (Brisbane) and within 20 seconds the ball is in the back of the net.
A few seconds left in over time and Brisbane get another screamer to win 2-1. Just deserts for the smart-arsed approach! Laugh

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that if the defender had played 'normally' and either hoofed the ball up-field or simply started a series of passes (albeit slowly and in control) they may have wasted about 30 seconds there and got out of the danger zone. If they had lost possession; then so be it. Rather make the opposition work harder for the ball further away from the goal area and if there's a turnover of possession, then it will have been in the normal run of play and not a high risk 'give-away' when isolated at the corner flag.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 15:04

people at work, who actually moan at you, for doing your work, really p****s me off!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 15:39

liverbnz wrote:I can't really say this 'grinds my gears' as such, but I've always wondered why women seem to bring 6 or 7 bags into work? There's the handbag, then maybe a rucksack/schoolbag type and then several other carrier bags full of stuff. Why on earth would you need all that stuff? I take less when I'm on weekend trips!

I don't do that myself, but chances are they're bringing in lunch, coffee/tea making stuff, a spare pair of shoes cause they can't walk/drive in the work ones, gym/swimming kit for after work or because one their kids forgot theirs and they'll give it to them later, spare clothing if they're going out after work or don't wear the same clothes to come to work in, spare coat/umbrella (weather permitting) and the usual sh*t in the handbag.

Reminds me of men who don't wear a coat or carry an umbrella in the p*ssing rain. Is that really too much trouble?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 19:38

Cari wrote:Reminds me of men who don't wear a coat or carry an umbrella in the p*ssing rain. Is that really too much trouble?
That used to be me in the UK, hat and gloves were also treated the same regardless of the weather. Then I moved here and soon realised how stupid it was, especially when the temperatures began to drop and it changed my perception some what. Last time I was was back in 'sunny' England I carried a coat with my everywhere. Good job as well, it peed it down for the whole trip Rolling Eyes

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 9:04

Cari wrote:
Reminds me of men who don't wear a coat or carry an umbrella in the p*ssing rain. Is that really too much trouble?

Pfft. Rain. Smile

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 9:08

Adverts that are on all the time. Current culprit is that damn Confused.com Nectar points one. Every feckin' advert break it's on.

'Hey now!'

'Up yours!'

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 9:38

The bloomin' insurance ads that tell you to use their websites. If anyone has any sense at all they'll go to a decent broker who will generally be able to save you far more than what's available on the web.

Example: Mother-in-law used Compare the Meerkat or whatever for her Toyota Yaris.

Lowest price? £305 fully comp.

Then she went to a broker.

Lowest price? £195.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 10:11

Mr Bounce wrote:The bloomin' insurance ads that tell you to use their websites. If anyone has any sense at all they'll go to a decent broker who will generally be able to save you far more than what's available on the web.

Example: Mother-in-law used Compare the Meerkat or whatever for her Toyota Yaris.

Lowest price? £305 fully comp.

Then she went to a broker.

Lowest price? £195.

Spot on. For my current insurance, the lowest I could get on the comparison sites was £2200. I phoned a broker and the girl was able to half that. The funny thing was she couldn't believe how happy I was with that quote. She actually told me to sit down before she gave me the quote thinking that it was astronomical! I think she was actually expecting me to barter, but I was so happy with the quote I didn't even bother.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 16:27

Santander.

Is it just me or are all the staff hopeless.

Four customers were in with me today for simple tranactions and three of us left spitting feathers.
My teller took four attempts to add up 160+17+25 after I had pointed out her error.

Bring back Captain Mannering I say.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Tue 31 Jan 2012 - 13:21

Well I never!

My wife Fallon felt so strongly about her treatment by Santander yesterday that she rang up 'head office ' to complain.
They were very empathetic to her and at the end they said would you like us to send you a complimentary bottle of wine.
Fallon said that she did not drink and that the money would be better spent on customer training. Well thank you they said and we will credit your account with £10.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 31 Jan 2012 - 15:11

Sky Tv !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been a customer for over 20 years yet the only things they offer me are things that are in the long run going to cost me more money ! Yet new customers can have so many months free viewing or a free upgrade .

My neighbour cancelled his Sky on January 9th when it became obvious that he was serious about it they have given him 6 months free to stay and a upgrade to HD box!!

Why does it take the threat of cancelling your subscription for them to do anything for existing customers ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Tue 31 Jan 2012 - 17:22

The tv companies are exactly the same here in Canada. I pay the equivalent of 135 quid a month to Shaw for 3 services and never get anything out of them yet new customers get free HD boxes, reduced rates for 6 months, pre-paid Visa cards etc etc.

They did offer me a free movie when the one I was watching on their on demand service crapped out. That was nice of them - I had the choice of either using the credit to see the last 20 minutes of the film I had lost or order a new film and not see how the original ended. I told them that was amazing customer service and that they should be proud.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 1 Feb 2012 - 15:43

modern 'art'

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 1 Feb 2012 - 15:46

That dating website advert, match.com I think they're called.

"The girl on the platform smiled..."

Only because British Transport Police finally threw you out of the station, you busking perv!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Wed 1 Feb 2012 - 16:12

liverbnz wrote:modern 'art'

Particularly the blurb that accompanies it to explain what the Poopie it's supposed to be...

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Wed 1 Feb 2012 - 19:07

Liver

Monet was once 'modern art'

But I do tend to agree with you on most modern art. [Except that brilliant submarine built with old tyres.]

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 1 Feb 2012 - 22:38

I take ur point Doon. I was really referring to the sort of stuff we see up for the Turner Prize these days. Crap like an unmade bed, or 2 blow up dolls in a sexual position. Wtf?

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu 2 Feb 2012 - 10:42

Doon
Have you ever been to the Tate Modern?

One exhibit I remember is a canvas painted entirely and evenly in a mid blue gloss. OK, it was nicely finished, but most competent painter and decorators would have been able to achieve the same quality. And yet, because this had been prepared by an 'artist', there was the blurb explaining how the piece was exploring our reaction to art. No it effin wasn't, it was simply a single colour canvas - minimal talent required.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu 2 Feb 2012 - 11:42

That's the kind of stuff I'm on about Dummy. You can paint anything nowadays, make up a story behind it and it's considered 'art'.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 2 Feb 2012 - 11:56

Here's my view on it: if a work of art (or something claimed as a work of art) requires an explanation of what it's meant to be or meant to represent, then surely it's failed as a work of art. It should be able to convey what it means all by itself.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Thu 2 Feb 2012 - 12:13

+1

At the end of the day, we're an island which is quite a long way from the equator and nearer the north pole. Of course we're not going to get the weather greece, spain, southern italy and the like get.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu 2 Feb 2012 - 14:00

gcBlues wrote:

+1

At the end of the day, we're an island which is quite a long way from the equator and nearer the north pole. Of course we're not going to get the weather greece, spain, southern italy and the like get.

It's not even that we get BAD weather - just a bit grey and depressing at times. We aren't exactly prime candidates to be decimated by the next hurricaine or tornado or inundated by an extraordinary blizzard or rainstorm. We just get typical temperate zone maritime weather - i.e. avoid the extremes of heat and cold (although it didn't feel like that when I took the mutt out for her walk at 7 this morning), but at the expense of getting relatively frequent gentle rain and a bit of a breeze.

Mostly, there isn't bad weather, just inappropriate clothes.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 2 Feb 2012 - 15:23

dummy_half wrote:We just get typical temperate zone maritime weather - i.e. avoid the extremes of heat and cold (although it didn't feel like that when I took the mutt out for her walk at 7 this morning)

Does your girlfriend know you refer to her like that?! Wink

Speaking of the weather: it's annoying when people moan that it's cold and put the heating on when they're wearing summer-weight clothes. I wonder what their forebears - who knew a thing or two about coping with the cold - would think of them.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu 2 Feb 2012 - 16:55

luckless_pedestrian wrote:
dummy_half wrote:We just get typical temperate zone maritime weather - i.e. avoid the extremes of heat and cold (although it didn't feel like that when I took the mutt out for her walk at 7 this morning)

Does your girlfriend know you refer to her like that?! Wink

Speaking of the weather: it's annoying when people moan that it's cold and put the heating on when they're wearing summer-weight clothes. I wonder what their forebears - who knew a thing or two about coping with the cold - would think of them.

Oi - I'll have you know she's my wife Very Happy

Your last paragraph reminds me of a joke first published in the Dalesman magazine -
What does a Yorkshireman do when it gets cold?
Moves close to the fire
And when it gets colder?
Moves even closer
And absolutely freezing?
Lights it

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 2 Feb 2012 - 17:08

Laugh I'll have to remember that one!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Fri 3 Feb 2012 - 22:12

Nick Cleggs hands

Are they operated by a puppet- master.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 21:12

OAPs who hog the seats on the bus: Just cause you're old doesn't mean you own the bus. That spare seat next to you isn't for your fecking shopping bag. When the bus is crowded, you might want to move it and let us hard working youngsters who pay for your free fecking bus pass sit down after a hard days work. That also means you don't block the fold up seats and the gangway with your fecking shopping trolley either.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 8:00

dummy_half wrote:Doon
Have you ever been to the Tate Modern?

One exhibit I remember is a canvas painted entirely and evenly in a mid blue gloss. OK, it was nicely finished, but most competent painter and decorators would have been able to achieve the same quality. And yet, because this had been prepared by an 'artist', there was the blurb explaining how the piece was exploring our reaction to art. No it effin wasn't, it was simply a single colour canvas - minimal talent required.

Rolling Eyes Yep. I've been to the Modern art gallery in Dublin and there was an old battered wooden pallet in the middle of the floor. "The caretaker wants to remove that, someone might fall over it" I said to my missus. It was censored ing exhinbit. I mean....come on!
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 8:17

Agreed. Two things abouth this;

- When it winter and cold or wet you still see youngsters and studenty types out in shorts,t-shirts and flip flops. You can see them grimacing against the weather! Why? Put something warmer on you divs..

- The media headlines, today, reporting Britain basking in temps warmer than Morocco, Spain etc. Say what? The past 3 days here, it's been damp, cold and grey. That annoying misty rain that never goes away and completely soaks you. thumbsdown
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by asdral225 Sat 10 Mar 2012 - 10:59

Stupid Idiots who insist on putting their kids into cars on the road side of the car it's not bad enough that they carry the baby around the car even when they see cars coming towards them then they have the door wide open making other road users go onto the wrong side of the road or stop, what's wrong with these morons, all they have to do is move the child seat to the other side of the car or use the kerb side door and then reach over.
asdral225
asdral225

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 10 Mar 2012 - 14:15

This is one of my biggest bugs in life.

You stop behind somebody at a robot, the light tunrs green and they do not notice it, you have to get on the horn to make them realise something is wrong, they then proceed to look around on wonderment at what is going on, only to realise 15 seconds later the light has turned green, some will stick up their hand in apology and others will throw you the finger.

But by then it is too late as the light has turned red again.

What the hell are you doing at a robot that you don't realise it has gone green? You sole purpose in life is to see it turn green so you can go.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Sat 10 Mar 2012 - 14:20

Breadvan wrote:- When it winter and cold or wet you still see youngsters and studenty types out in shorts,t-shirts and flip flops. You can see them grimacing against the weather! Why? Put something warmer on you divs..

It was probably me and my mates who you saw...

Cool

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 14 Mar 2012 - 12:19

It annoys me that on the news (BBC amongst others) they have headlines like 'Syria Violence.' Surely it should be 'Syrian Violence?'

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 14 Mar 2012 - 23:09

When you got some work you really really need to do and you got that one person who tries to tell you some story, which they think is hilarious. So whilst your trying to read and write, you got some muttering idiot who laughs as they are telling you the story, so then you have to laugh to make it sound like your listening, when you really want to tell them to urine off so you can do the bloody work!!!

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Fri 16 Mar 2012 - 11:34

Breadvan

Agree with the shorts tee shirts etc but when they top that off with a beanie hat and gloves, well that really takes the biscuit. [or breadstick]

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 19 Mar 2012 - 14:32

When you answer the phone and theres no answer , your saying ' hello ' but no answer then all of a sudden some numpty from a call centre says ' oh yes hello im just calling to see if we can help you with ....'

No you cant and stop ringing me !!!
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 7:59

The bad thing is as soon as you pick up... they'll call again at roughly the same time for the next 3 weeks.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 8:10

It annoys me when I'm on the phone to someone and I can hear my own voice as an echo a few seconds after I've spoken. It makes me listen to what I've just said instead of what the other person's saying to me.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 17:05

luckless_pedestrian wrote:It annoys me when I'm on the phone to someone and I can hear my own voice as an echo a few seconds after I've spoken. It makes me listen to what I've just said instead of what the other person's saying to me.

i get that when the wife rings from work , although i do have more sensible conversation with myself then when she speaks
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next