The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adrian Sutil to Ferrari?

+3
Critical_mass
Gregers
Fernando
7 posters

Go down

Adrian Sutil to Ferrari? Empty Adrian Sutil to Ferrari?

Post by Fernando Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:41 pm

As Adrian Sutil departs Force India, he is being linked with famous Formula One teams Williams and Ferrari.

Germany's Auto Motor und Sport claimed that, while his exit from the Silverstone based team after a five-year tenure only became official last Friday, the 28-year-old has been making new plans for 2012 since Abu Dhabi.

"Williams is interested," said the magazine, "and not only because of his Medion sponsor money. In the second half of the season Sutil did a lot of good to his reputation."

Auto Motor und Sport claims Ferrari is also interested, even though the Maranello based team's president Luca di Montezemolo has yet again insisted that Felipe Massa's contract for next year will be observed.

"Felipe knows next year is very important for him," said the Italian.

The German report said: "Sutil would be an interesting option for Ferrari in 2013. That's why he only wants to sign for one year with Williams."

Sutil's manager Manfred Zimmermann is quoted by Sport Bild: "Adrian's future is not fixed yet and we will not be making any short-term panic decisions."

F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone, meanwhile, neglected to mention Sutil when he hailed the German presence on next year's grid.

"For Germany, we need Sebastian, Michael and the two Nicos," he is quoted by Kolner Express tabloid.

source: motorsport.com

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Adrian Sutil to Ferrari? Empty Re: Adrian Sutil to Ferrari?

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:08 pm

is he even a good enough driver? whenever ive watched, he hasnt really done anything of real note.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:22 pm

Sutil is a quality driver. Outshone older drivers in his first few seasons and along with Di Resta made the force India look competitive.

Back at karting level etc i thought he was up their with Hamilton and Rosberg

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:26 pm

id say Sutil was a good driver also, he's certainly upped his game in 2011. But is he Ferrari material? Would be good to see him there, but.......

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:43 pm

Cm
Was Massa really Ferrari material when he was signed? Had shown some reasonable pace for (IIRC) Sauber, but was considered by the experts to be over-driving the car and to be inconsistent.

Ferrari are one of the few teams that still operate with a clear #1 and #2 driver, and as such Sutil might be a viable option for the #2 seat.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:48 pm

Yes I would say Massa could justify his seat when he first joined Ferrari, see 2007 and 2008 seasons. Sure id say Kimi and Alonso were better than him and certainly Schumacher prior to 2007. But he was good enough to be in that seat.

Though now i dont think he can justify his seat. I see what youre saying about the clear #1 and #2 driver and i would love to see Sutil in one of the top end cars, but still not sure Ferrari would go for Sutil

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:58 pm

agree cant see Ferrari going for Sutil .... i see the contenders being: Kubica ( If he comes back) , Rosberg ( his still yet to win a race ) Perez ( Ferrari Academy )

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:53 pm

fernando wrote:As Adrian Sutil departs Force India, he is being linked with famous Formula One teams Williams and Ferrari.

I think this sentence says it all about this story and how stupid it is linking Sutil with Ferrari. In F1 terms that is a massive difference. In Football terms that's like saying a player is being linked with a move to either Wigan or Manchester United........do you see my point! Completely pointless story. Sutil will end up at Williams and Kubica will end up replacing Massa in 2013. Period

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:02 pm

I'm surprised your so certain about Kubica to Ferrari John. There's no proof that he'll even drive next season and if he does there's a big chance he's not as good as 2009. Jules Bianchi will probably eventually end up there but at the moment it's a long shot at best to presume Kubica will ever drive for Ferrari.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:15 pm

monty junior wrote:I'm surprised your so certain about Kubica to Ferrari John. There's no proof that he'll even drive next season and if he does there's a big chance he's not as good as 2009. Jules Bianchi will probably eventually end up there but at the moment it's a long shot at best to presume Kubica will ever drive for Ferrari.

I agree, nothing saying he'll even come back and IF he does he'll not only be rusty but also having to deal with the new rules. I wouldnt be suprised if Kubica doesnt return to F1 - shame really. He'll be regretting the day he went on the rally thing.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:15 pm

If Robert Kubica was unable to return to F1 he would of released a statement or had a press conference stating 'my motorsport career is over'........have we had an announcement like this? NO!

As far as we know, he has completed all his surgery and as his doctors revealed they were a success. Clearly hes been out a while and was obviously not going to be ready to compete at the beginning of 2012 as renault had to confirm their two drivers. Kubica's contract was up anyway so him not driving for renualt in 2012 was obvious. (but stupid people read this and immediately thought 'thts the end of kubica blah blah)

Tell me this.........Why would Ferrari be desperate to get a f1 seat for the ferrari reserve driver in bianchi for 2012? It is a clear move to replace him with Kubica to recouperate throughout the 2012 seaosn and test his abilities in preparation to possibly replace massa in 2013. Further to this story is a claim of the authoritative La Gazzetta dello Sport correspondent Andrea Cremonesi, who says ferrari have in principle agreed 'a test for the Pole in the Spring in the famous Italian team's 2010 single seater'.

Last edited by John on Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:23 pm

Sounds like Sutil's manager just doing his job. His driver is out of a seat, so he's fishing around trying to land Adrian a new drive. If he makes it sound like Ferrari are interested in him, some of the smaller teams may try to sign him.

As for Kubica, a season as Ferrari's test / reserve driver might be enough to prepare him for a full race season. I guess only time will tell if he can recapture his early-career form.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:49 pm

John wrote:If Robert Kubica was unable to return to F1 he would of released a statement or had a press conference stating 'my motorsport career is over'........have we had an announcement like this? NO!

Chill John, i was only speculating

Though it doesnt mean he wont put out a statement at some point in the future.

heart

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:04 pm

John wrote:If Robert Kubica was unable to return to F1 he would of released a statement or had a press conference stating 'my motorsport career is over'........have we had an announcement like this? NO!

As far as we know, he has completed all his surgery and as his doctors revealed they were a success. Clearly hes been out a while and was obviously not going to be ready to compete at the beginning of 2012 as renault had to confirm their two drivers. Kubica's contract was up anyway so him not driving for renualt in 2012 was obvious. (but stupid people read this and immediately thought 'thts the end of kubica blah blah)

Tell me this.........Why would Ferrari be desperate to get a f1 seat for the ferrari reserve driver in bianchi for 2012? It is a clear move to replace him with Kubica to recouperate throughout the 2012 seaosn and test his abilities in preparation to possibly replace massa in 2013. Further to this story is a claim of the authoritative La Gazzetta dello Sport correspondent Andrea Cremonesi, who says ferrari have in principle agreed 'a test for the Pole in the Spring in the famous Italian team's 2010 single seater'.

He may well return in good condition but every driver who has had such a severe crash bar Hakkinen, that i can think of has come back worse than they were before. Kubica maybe would have driven for Ferrari had he performed at his 2010 level, but with Bianchi being groomed for a number of years to drive for Ferrari and with the announcement he will be the reserve Sauber driver coupled with Alonso tied to a multi year Ferrari deal i'm not sure Kubica would ever have gotten a drive.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down