The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MODERATION ON THE BOXING BOARD???

+12
superflyweight
Rowley
D4thincarnation
Imperial Ghosty
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Fists of Fury
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
azania
Rodney
88Chris05
HumanWindmill
TRUSSMAN66
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MODERATION ON THE BOXING BOARD??? Empty MODERATION ON THE BOXING BOARD???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Mar 2011, 3:54 pm

Think this site has some commendable virtues however I believe that it's moderation is over the top and beyond the call of duty.....Think it takes itself too seriously. Noticed on the BBC site that a moderator has said any Curry article I write will be taken off I mean come on.

I'll be honest I like a good article and am not of the sensitive disposition when it comes to the odd insult in argument context..

I'm not interested in playing John Hurt's role in 1984......

As long as something isn't overly derogatory or slanderous I think people should be able to banter.........

It's part of human nature..I've already had one quite above board article taken off for no apparent reason....

Fredom of speech is a wonderful thing.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

MODERATION ON THE BOXING BOARD??? Empty Re: MODERATION ON THE BOXING BOARD???

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 15 Mar 2011, 3:57 pm

Alright, Truss ?

If it was the Floyd / Manny article it wasn't taken off. One of the administrators merged it with the ' Pacquiao / Mayweather debate ' thread.

The principle is to save the front page from being clogged by multiple articles concerning the same topic.

Hope Mrs Truss is doing fine, by the way.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Mar 2011, 3:58 pm

I wish to complain about this slanderous article and it's obvious racist and possibly sexist overtones. This kind of thing shouldn't be allowed in civilsed society.

I note this isn't the first time this author has resorted to such shameful attention seeking activities and if it continues I would hope our fair-minded moderators take the very sensible step of banning this person whilst forwarding their details to immigration.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Mar 2011, 4:01 pm

I kind of knew that you'd be one of the first to respond Dave and in an all too familiar type of negative way......but your opinion means diddly squat to me...

It's a valid thread...........I agree with freedom of speech.......

A few guys have been taken off here without any warnings...

Sometimes people need to step back and think before rushing in....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 15 Mar 2011, 4:04 pm

I think the mods have got the balance just about right, now. There were a few teething problems to start with, and I agree that one or two of them were a little over keen to remove bits and bobs (and in some cases did so when there was really no need) but I reckon a happy medium isn't that far away.

I can understand your Mayweather-Pacquiao article being merged, though. Let's be frank, any article concerning them is just going to boil down to the same debate over and over again (Christ, enough articles which DON'T mention them still manage to).
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Mar 2011, 4:07 pm

In that case maybe the mods should write the articles huh..........

Since when has an article outlining the guys who have picked Mayweather to win been put on here??????????

Peter Jackson has been done to death..........

Never mind I'm sure it gives the mods some self worth throwing their weight around..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue 15 Mar 2011, 4:08 pm

.....I agree with freedom of speech.......
_________________________________________________--

Didn't you regularly delete posts from the other fellas when challenged Truss, you cant have it both ways mate.

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 15 Mar 2011, 4:10 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:In that case maybe the mods should write the articles huh..........

Since when has an article outlining the guys who have picked Mayweather to win been put on here??????????

Peter Jackson has been done to death..........

Never mind I'm sure it gives the mods some self worth throwing their weight around..

The point is that the debate would not last long about what other pro boxers think who would win. It would just go back to the tired old argument which has been done and dusted so many times. Pity though.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Mar 2011, 4:12 pm

I only deleted those that were too offensive for a public site..........

Certain words on fit for public airing...

Difference between disgusting expletives and a balanced article as any fair minded poster would know..

Anyway why post on another site any Curry article I write would be taken off here ???

Crazy people with no other way to express themselves.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Mar 2011, 4:13 pm

Truss,

Your article was about Manny and Floyd, that his been done to death on this board and there is a thread devoted to it. It wasn't deleted, simply merged and the older article bumped.

Nobody has been deleted from this site without warning.

I also believe you yourself required help from the mods when WUSSMAN appeared.

As long as something isn't overly derogatory or slanderous I think people should be able to banter.........

Agreed. However, petty insults and abuse won't be tolerated. There is a line.

If by Curry article you mean the food, it wouldn't be removed. Probably just moved to a relevant section.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Mar 2011, 4:15 pm

It doesn't matter what you think will happen.....If you don't like the article don't comment...

My view is that I hated half the articles on the BBC but didn't argue with the posters right to air it...

My article brought the views of the greats to the Manny-May fight which hasn't been done before and yet some .... decides to play God.....

Pathetic......................

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Mar 2011, 4:18 pm

There is a difference between blatant impersonation and freedom of speech....which even you can see or maybe can't...

That's my first Mayweather-Manny article.... and it has a different slant...

Then again I am degree - educated.

Keep all the Peter Jackson articles on here why don't you.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Mar 2011, 4:19 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It doesn't matter what you think will happen.....If you don't like the article don't comment...

My view is that I hated half the articles on the BBC but didn't argue with the posters right to air it...

My article brought the views of the greats to the Manny-May fight which hasn't been done before and yet some .... decides to play God.....

Pathetic......................

It's hardly pathetic. The majority of this boxing board are tired of the Manny v Floyd debate and your article was of the the same ilk, therefore it was moved. It's not playing god, it's avoiding the inevitable.

If you can give me three reasons why it's different and prove it's not been debated before, i'll happily reinstate it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 15 Mar 2011, 4:22 pm

And Truss gets owned by the Admin!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Mar 2011, 4:25 pm

I can see I'm going to get kicked off in a minute...............

Listen you don't have a clue what people think...and I'll tell you this any sensible moderator let's the people decide what they comment or what they don't....

People fought wars for the privilege of self expression and choice....

Don't think you know what ecerybody wants...it's patronising.

Run along

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 15 Mar 2011, 4:29 pm

I'm with Trussman here, I think it is quite rich that Azania in particular can have the audacity to remove a post, when he talks more garbage than many an old WUM on bbc 606.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Mar 2011, 4:30 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I can see I'm going to get kicked off in a minute...............

Listen you don't have a clue what people think...and I'll tell you this any sensible moderator let's the people decide what they comment or what they don't....

Run along

I'm not gonna kick you off, you're more than entitled to debate your point.

The bottom line is, you're in the minority when it comes to your article. I've already given you an option to get it reinstated if you believe it's been wrongly merged, instead you seem to want debate human rights, freedom of speech and who's got the best degree.

However, i'm not for biting, the option is there for you, either take it or accept the decision as final.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Mar 2011, 4:31 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:I'm with Trussman here, I think it is quite rich that Azania in particular can have the audacity to remove a post, when he talks more garbage than many an old WUM on bbc 606.

He didn't, i did.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Mar 2011, 4:32 pm

you guys don't have a weightlifting board........Is there any chance of one?

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 15 Mar 2011, 4:51 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I can see I'm going to get kicked off in a minute...............

Run along

Awk dry your eyes Truss.

Sad

There isn't a problem with this site, as long as you want to talk boxing.

Your WUM articles on the BBC where the same every week. Looking through your thread history you could have picked out about 20 articles within the previous 6 months that were identical.

You are just jealous that Windy and co are Mods and your not.

If you want to carry on with your repetitive articles, please visit eastside boxing website.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 15 Mar 2011, 5:17 pm

Truss, a couple of weeks ago I wrote an article about the legitimacy of mannys claim to be a 154lb champion. It got merged with the manny floyd thread. I didn't feel it should be, as it was a point relevant to mannys standing in history as opposed to his dynamic with mayweather. I explained this to the mods, and they un-merged the article straight away. They're just trying to keep the site tidy not spammed, which was a complaint of the old 606. If you think they've merged something that should be separately debated just explain it like I did, rather than this bull in a china shop, freedom of speech ranting.

King beer - when truss refers to articles on curry he means Donald Curry, an '80's welterweight of whom he is a big fan. Just don't mention Lloyd Honeyghan...
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 15 Mar 2011, 5:30 pm

I'm in agreement to a degree Truss, if d4 has the right to say the same things over and over again why should you or anyone else not have the right to post a duplicate thread?

I don't see what the difference is

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 15 Mar 2011, 5:34 pm

This is a boxing board and if people are talking boxing that is fine, but if there are duplicate thread they should be merged. It just housekeeping.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Mar 2011, 5:49 pm

I take issue with Truss's comments re the supposed proliferation of Peter Jackson articles on the board. Given that, to the best of my recollection, there's actually only been ONE (and that from Windy posting a link as a favour to me), I feel that TRUSS's issue is not about free speech but merely sour grapes at the fact that he no longer occupies his self appointed top dog slot on here and petty little snipes do nothing to advance his cause that free speech is necessarily a good thing.

Whilst he was absent for the past few days, I noticed the board seemed to tick along quite nicely with little or no whinging complaining or accusations of cyber-bullying.

Perhaps the catalyst to all the board's so-called woes may well be TRUSS himself as, personally, I can't think of anyone else who feels the moderators are unfair or heavy handed.

Maybe TRUSS needs to accept that things have changed and he longer gets to have his own way

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Mar 2011, 5:51 pm

Awk dry your eyes....

How old are you......

D4 I'm glad you understand irony..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 15 Mar 2011, 5:52 pm

No point complaining about Peter Jackson articles, the hobbit is out soon will only get worse then

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Mar 2011, 5:53 pm

DAVE why don't you ask the mods to ban me...

Sick of your childish "Nobody wants you Truss"

Left all that in the first grade..

Grow up..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Mar 2011, 5:55 pm

I don't find Peter Jackson interesting...however I don't begrudge a guy his right to bring him up....

Hence my point...

As for The hobbit...you've lost me..don't know what you are tolkien about.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:00 pm

imperialghosty wrote:I'm in agreement to a degree Truss, if d4 has the right to say the same things over and over again why should you or anyone else not have the right to post a duplicate thread?

I don't see what the difference is

Because there is a thread dedicated to the debate, and as was previously explained to Truss, if he points out the differences I will happily reinstate the article.

Also Ghosty, you complained on his article, asked for it to be merged claiming you were bored of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:03 pm

I'm pointing out the contradiction, that it's ok for D4 to go about saying the same things over and over on threads over than 'that' one but to make a new thread isn't ok. It can't be one rule for one and another for everyone else

Duplicate threads and duplicate comments are the same thing

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:06 pm

It nothing to do with the subject matter, it housekeeping, so people can contribute to the same debate, rather coversations being split, people just repeating themselves on different threads and clears up the board so other topics get a look in rather than 5 threads all on the same subject.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:07 pm

Shouldn't have to point out self evident differences.......

Try reading it before you take it off...The question was whether we could trust the greats on their take of the fight.

Doesn't matter I'm just a fair game minority American boy looking for some tourism and feeling let down and hurt....by your callous censorship..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:10 pm

Maybe you should try housekeeping..There must be something you know something about...

I know you are a wum D4 but I care about free speech....Its what America is all about.........The founding fathers ...the bill of rights..etc

Now I've said all that I have a tear in my eye for home..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:13 pm

Yes Truss free speech is important, has an article of yours been deleted?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:15 pm

No I just thought I'd write something like this for my GCSE English coursework..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:18 pm

imperialghosty wrote:I'm pointing out the contradiction, that it's ok for D4 to go about saying the same things over and over on threads over than 'that' one but to make a new thread isn't ok. It can't be one rule for one and another for everyone else

Duplicate threads and duplicate comments are the same thing

I see a difference, many posters argue their points with D4 and he continually responds with previously used answers, but many of you also continually engage in debate with him despite proclaiming he is a wum sent by Satan himself to frustrate and annoy.

The simple answer is don't give him the ammunition and eventually the topics will revert to normal!

Deep down you all love it, if he wasn't here you'd be lost with who to argue with and turn on each other! ;)

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:19 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:No I just thought I'd write something like this for my GCSE English coursework..

Glad to see you are going back to school. thumbsup

Why was your article deleted?

Did it break the house rules?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:22 pm

Yes it did ..I'm a bad boy and a disgrace to America..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:27 pm

Truss I think it's something to do with how many times you have retired.
If you retire more than once a week they think your heart is not in it and try and phase you out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:28 pm

It's clear from the way this article is going that my comments regards the pleasantness on the boards in your absence give substance to my arguments that YOU'RE the one causing all the problems. Whilst I don't begrudge anyone their opinion, however repetitive arrogant or moronic, you sure do make a great case for being banned TRUSSY however, if you don't like it son, you could always resign...AGAIN!

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:38 pm

Then again I am degree - educated.
----------------------
Only to a very small degree, Truss.

Don't get on here much but good to see that the Dave v Trussman feud continues in an all new venue.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:45 pm

King Beer wrote:I see a difference, many posters argue their points with D4 and he continually responds with previously used answers, but many of you also continually engage in debate with him despite proclaiming he is a wum sent by Satan himself to frustrate and annoy.

The simple answer is don't give him the ammunition and eventually the topics will revert to normal!

Deep down you all love it, if he wasn't here you'd be lost with who to argue with and turn on each other! Wink
Spot on. Clearly it doesn't take reading threads go the same way for 3 years to spot it.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:48 pm

We all seemed to cope pretty well on 606 without him for a few months, in fact the board was at it's most productive with regards to good debate

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 15 Mar 2011, 7:02 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Shouldn't have to point out self evident differences.......

Try reading it before you take it off...The question was whether we could trust the greats on their take of the fight.

Doesn't matter I'm just a fair game minority American boy looking for some tourism and feeling let down and hurt....by your callous censorship..

You're American? And you understand irony? Good heavens, there is a god.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 15 Mar 2011, 7:04 pm

imperialghosty wrote:We all seemed to cope pretty well on 606 without him for a few months, in fact the board was at it's most productive with regards to good debate

Ditto this.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 15 Mar 2011, 7:05 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:I'm with Trussman here, I think it is quite rich that Azania in particular can have the audacity to remove a post, when he talks more garbage than many an old WUM on bbc 606.

Huh? You lost me there fist of fury. I've never posted on 606 and dont recall removing your post.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Mar 2011, 7:33 pm

He's just made a racist comment about me........................The irony one but hey freedom of speech..

How was school Baltimora??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 15 Mar 2011, 7:36 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He's just made a racist comment about me........................The irony one but hey freedom of speech..

How was school Baltimora??

get a grip Trussman. Since when was being an american a race? Or is that your attempt at irony? Next you will be telling me that Obama and Bush are the same race.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Mar 2011, 7:40 pm

You made a jibe about the Country of my origins....I'm part of the American race.

It's racism at it's worst.....and most hurtful...

Wasn't away for three months anyway I know it seems like it because I'm so charismatic.

Apologise.............for your comment.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next