The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ospreys could discontinue with coaching role?

+6
Cymroglan
Shifty
Cari
maestegmafia
Casartelli
Morgannwg
10 posters

Go down

Ospreys could discontinue with coaching role? Empty Ospreys could discontinue with coaching role?

Post by Morgannwg Sat 31 Dec - 17:21

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/16349134.stm

"BBC Sport Wales understands the Ospreys could make a new appointment from within and promote current coaches Sean Holley or Jonathan Humphreys."

So let me get this straight. The coach is leaving which leaves the three numpties in charge again, on top of this they will not go and find a replacement let alone a better replacement coach?

Says it all really.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Ospreys could discontinue with coaching role? Empty Re: Ospreys could discontinue with coaching role?

Post by Casartelli Sat 31 Dec - 17:24

Ospreys ditch the coaching role?

This isn't news. They did that in 2008 when Lyn Jones left.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Ospreys could discontinue with coaching role? Empty Re: Ospreys could discontinue with coaching role?

Post by Morgannwg Sat 31 Dec - 17:31

The coach is leaving which leaves the three numpties in charge again, on top of this they will not go and find a replacement let alone a better replacement coach?

Didn't I just mention that? Headscratch

The team was in massive disaray when Holley and co took charge.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 31 Dec - 18:25

Pretty predictable

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 31 Dec - 18:51

Well that just confirms my previous question about Johnson: What exactly did he do for the O's? Couldn't have been that important a role if he's not being replaced. Erm Saves them money I suppose...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 31 Dec - 19:40

Cari wrote:Well that just confirms my previous question about Johnson: What exactly did he do for the O's? Couldn't have been that important a role if he's not being replaced. Erm Saves them money I suppose...
Erm apparently he oversaw the coaches and set up a lot of structures, but most seem to have fallen down in the last few weeks. censored
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 2 Jan - 15:04

Perhaps they should look at bringing in Nick Mallet or Kingsley Jones? Kingsley would probably be the more logical and cheaper option, plus he's a welshman so might feel a bit more passionate about the role.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue 3 Jan - 13:46

Andrew Hore says the Ospreys will consider finding a successor for director of coaching Scott Johnson, who leaves for Scotland in June.

The region's chief operating officer says the claims of head coach Sean Holley and forwards coach Jonathan Humphreys will also be assessed.

New Zealander Hore, a former Wales fitness coach, said: "We definitely will be looking at both scenarios
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/16380433.stm
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claims of what ?

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue 3 Jan - 18:59

Get rid of Holley and Humphreys they're useless!

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 3 Jan - 20:31

Yeah hopefully, they don't seem to have taken them forward. What is Hore's actual role by the way?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by TBJ9625 Tue 3 Jan - 20:39

I'm expected to get shouted at for this, but.............
Hore has actually brought a lot to the Ospreys that has gone unseen by the public. The development on a strategic structure with in the region from U13 upwards is just one example. His current title of Elite Perfomance Director (or something similar) although is misleading because he doesnt deal with the day today issues of the team, that is currently Johnsons role. I'm hoping he can use his NZ influence to land either Smith or Foster if Ruddock or Plumtree aren't interested or available. Then they can put a coaching team together and we may just see the full potiential of that squas in 18 to 24 month Yahoo and lets face it, it wont be a moment too soon!!!!!!
TBJ9625
TBJ9625

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed 4 Jan - 11:56

Why settle for mediocre coaches? Why not go for the likes of Brendan Venter, Dean Richards, Dave Ellis,Steve Meehan, etc who would really shake things up?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by QuickBall Wed 4 Jan - 12:12

I really am hoping for a new head coach, even though it's unlikely with the *build from within* mentality that's been taken.
QuickBall
QuickBall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down