The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buccaneers Fire Head Coach Raheem Morris

4 posters

Go down

Buccaneers Fire Head Coach Raheem Morris Empty Buccaneers Fire Head Coach Raheem Morris

Post by Pr4wn Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:47 pm

So today, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers finally pulled the trap door from under Raheem Morris.

Personally, I feel for the guy. He has energy and a good rapport with his players. However, he was a poor defensive co-ordinator and this really showed with our defence ranking number 30 in the league.

The biggest concern was that no money was spent in free agency, other than on a punter. This left the Bucs with inexperienced players at all positions and an inexperienced head coach.

If I had it my way, Morris would stay as HC (the guy barely got a chance...) and we'd hire a DC, get rid of Greg Olsen as OC and spend some damn money in the offseason.

However, the Glazers are in a bind. Raymond James Stadium has only sold out twice in two years and keep Morris on isn't going to do anything to boost ticket sales. What they should now do is sign a big-name coach (I'm all for them going after Tony Dungy, seeing if they can tempt him back to Tampa...) that will fill the seats.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Buccaneers Fire Head Coach Raheem Morris Empty Re: Buccaneers Fire Head Coach Raheem Morris

Post by Thomond Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:47 pm

Raheem was given a DC when he got the job and he fired him or at least he was offered one. That's entirely his fault. A new OC was needed anyway.

Morris had instilled no discipline in the team and all the players were his pals. You can't have that. You have to respect your coach and I think you need to hate and maybe even fear him.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Buccaneers Fire Head Coach Raheem Morris Empty Re: Buccaneers Fire Head Coach Raheem Morris

Post by skins4ever Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:52 pm

Thomond wrote:Morris had instilled no discipline in the team and all the players were his pals. You can't have that. You have to respect your coach and I think you need to hate and maybe even fear him.

Hate has the opposite effect on motivation and morale. Respect is definitely needed, but players have to want to play for a coach, so to an extent they need to like him. They do need to fear the actions he is capable of, but not the man himself. Look at the best coaches - firm but fair and for the most part approachable. Morris was probably too soft, but I think he has potential especially if he can learn from this.

TB need a good QB coach and/or OC that can work well with Freeman, a la Harbaugh in San Fran. They also need another quality receiver opposite Williams.

NB - is everyone barring the Packers, Saints, Falcons and Patriots looking for receivers this offseason?!

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:52 pm

Raheem Morris is a decent coach but a lot of things went wong in TB this season. I agree with Skins that a good QB coach who can help Freeman would be good as, for me, he's not developed and has probably taken steps backwards this year. He's not always been helped by his supporting cast though and the playcalling at times on offense has been questionable IMO. They're a young team and the talent is still there.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:17 pm

Fair enough Skins. In my experience hatred and fear have worked albeit in dfferent sports.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down