The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Long Count

+3
Union Cane
ShahenshahG
88Chris05
7 posters

Go down

The Long Count Empty The Long Count

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jan 2012, 4:57 pm

Some people believe that an ancient Mayan calendar predicts the beginning of a new age in December 2012. Others believe it actually foretells the end of the world. If this was actually the case, what fights would you definitely like to see before December 2012?

Here are 5 of mine:

1. Pacquiao vs. Mayweather

No surprises there, I guess, but I'd have to favour Mayweather. I’d love the fight to be billed Pacquiao vs. Mayweather – FINALLY!

2. Vitali Klitschko vs. David Haye

The last fight was broken toe, would this one be more toe-to-toe? In reality, Haye would be wise to be elusive if he were to fight Wlad’s older brother.

3. Froch vs. Kessler II

Froch would be up for this one, and I think he’d probably win second time around – especially if he had the hometown advantage. Maybe a neutral venue would keep things more interesting.

4. Pacquio vs Marquez IV

Will Marquez ever get the nod? He deserves the shot - again!

5. Khan vs. Prescott II

Many felt this should have happened ages ago, but this should now be an easy night for Khan with Prescott coming in as a huge underdog. Sometimes, however, huge underdogs cause huge upsets.

Although not boxing, I'm going to tag on 6. Bisping vs. Henderson II. A brutal knockout and unnecessary follow up by Henderson, in their first fight, would make fight number 2 the ultimate grudge match.

Back to top Go down

The Long Count Empty Re: The Long Count

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 03 Jan 2012, 5:00 pm

Donaire-Gamboa, if a deal could be thrashed out and a weight agreed upon, would be right up near the top of my wish list. Incredibly unlikely, though.

Cleverly versus anyone remotely dangerous or with a decent world ranking would be nice.

Mayweather-Pacquiao obviously, but seeing Alvarez in with a Cotto or, if the aforementioned doesn't happen, a Mayweather would also be very interesting.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 03 Jan 2012, 5:24 pm

Mayweather - Alvarez - I've always thought that Mayweather would beat Pac by Calzaghe Lacy proportions. This is a more even matchup - the size and weight making up for the comparative inexperience.

Marquez Pac 4

Wlad vs Vitali

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 03 Jan 2012, 5:30 pm

Fury v. Helenius would be a decent spectacle, neither particularly skillful but there's something about two big behemoths going at it that stirs the blood. Could it be the new Foreman / Lyle?

The winner of course would then face a re-match with new WBC Heavyweight Champion of the World, Dereck Chisora.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 03 Jan 2012, 7:18 pm

I really want Donaire vs Nishioka.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 03 Jan 2012, 7:19 pm

Bisping Henderson II would be legalised murder.

Brook vs Jones

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue 03 Jan 2012, 8:03 pm

it basically menas the start of a new long count solar cycle. will be an active year for solar activity and magnetism. any gingers wanna make sure they got their sun cream on next summer.

i wanna see audley fight fury. what better way for fury to get his come uppence than against the celebrity boxer.

hopkins calzaghe rematch

would like to see one of the 4 unheralded eastern europeans cleverly fights this year knock him out

haye arreola

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jan 2012, 9:48 pm

hopkins calzaghe rematch

Did you agree that Calzaghe got the decision, Lance?

I watched the fight about 3 times. On my first viewing I went with the accuracy of Hopkins, but on subsequent viewings went for Calzaghe's work rate.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 03 Jan 2012, 9:50 pm

MediaCat wrote:
hopkins calzaghe rematch

I watched the fight about 3 times. On my first viewing I went with the accuracy of Hopkins, but on subsequent viewings went for Calzaghe's work rate.

Reckon he just wants to elongate the time between now and armageddon Laugh

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jan 2012, 10:04 pm

ShahenshahG,

I remember feeling that way after Sprott vs Skelton I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue 03 Jan 2012, 11:45 pm

MediaCat wrote:
hopkins calzaghe rematch

i think hopkins edged it, but can see why others believe calzaghe won. i think calzaghe will make a return, but im not sure he was ever very confident of winning a rematch against hopkins. i know his dad and steve bunce both told him it was a bad idea. hopkins fought very badly that night and should have won much more convincingly if he had realised how close it was

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 04 Jan 2012, 9:04 am

Calzaghe will not return, he was pretty past it by the time him and RJJ got it on and his punch resistance was seriously fading a few years of partying and snorting cocaine isn't going to help it.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down