The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scarlets vs Glasgow Warriors

+11
IanBru
maestegmafia
Scot Abroad
Imperialbigdave
Smirnoffpriest
gowales
ScarletSpiderman
funnyExiledScot
TJ1
Dorothy_Mantooth
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Scarlets vs Glasgow Warriors - Page 2 Empty Scarlets vs Glasgow Warriors

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:17 am

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow team for tomorrow:
15 Peter Murchie

14 Tommy Seymour
13 Rob Dewey
12 Graeme Morrison (captain)
11 David Lemi

10 Ruaridh Jackson
9 Henry Pyrgos

1 Jon Welsh
2 Fergus Thomson
3 Moray Low
4 Rob Verbakel
5 Tom Ryder
6 Rob Harley
7 Chris Fusaro
8 Ryan Wilson

SUBSTITUTES

16 Finlay Gillies
17 Gordon Reid
18 Ed Kalman
19 Calum Forrester
20 Johnnie Beattie
21 Murray McConnell
22 Alex Dunbar
23 Scott Wight

A load of first team players rested - this looks like official policy now, quasi-player rest management, for any Rabo away games, not sure I agree with that. The dynamic duo back in midfield Laugh

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Scarlets vs Glasgow Warriors - Page 2 Empty Re: Scarlets vs Glasgow Warriors

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jan 2012, 11:02 pm

one of the most awful games of rugby I've ever been to see.

Glasgow down to 13 men at one point as well as suffering key injuries (Like to Jackson). Scarelts couldnt capitalist at all.

and the game was soooooooo slooooooooooow.

Each scrum and lineout seemed to take about 5 mins each. Thoroughly disenheartening game.

Glasgow did defend brilliantly when they were men down though, full credit to them and they fully deserved their LBP, if not being unlucky not to win. I would actually say they were the better side.

Ben Morgan and John Davies (Motm) were good for the Scarlets, as were Stevo and Rhodri Jones when they came on but that was about it.

If we don't improve massivley by next week we are in for a horrible time against Saints.

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sat 07 Jan 2012, 11:23 pm

What erse hole was the referee ?
21st Century Schizoid Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 07 Jan 2012, 11:25 pm

RD did you get the impression that players were saving themselves for next week ?

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jan 2012, 11:26 pm

Dudley Phillips or something. No shockers from him, but everything seemed to take an age to complete. No flow allowed in the game at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jan 2012, 11:28 pm

Cymro - unless the awful passes, handling errors etc was done on purpose then no, I don't htink they were saving themselves.

They looked like players who hadn't trained all week if I'm being perfectly honest , and if that's the case then that's worrying.No team unity at all it would seem.

Defensively, yes, we were sound (apart from in the first 10 mins giving away a really soft try, we weren't switched on at all), but the awful passing was shocking. really inexcusible really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 07 Jan 2012, 11:31 pm

One of them days then and breaking the team up last week probably did not help either.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sun 08 Jan 2012, 12:49 am

Can't believe how soft the Glasgow try looked in the highlights

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 08 Jan 2012, 12:42 pm

The Sunday Herald journo reckons both cards were debatable and turned the game - understandably ! Another name (Phillips ?) to be added to the long list of woefully inept and incompetent Irish referees furious

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sun 08 Jan 2012, 12:51 pm

C21st, think the Harley card might have been a little harsh, but the Wilson one was way too near the try-line not to be given warning

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2012, 12:55 pm

First card was for a punch/elbow, the 2nd one had to be given (yous were 5m out from your tryline), and you arguably should have seen a 3rd yellow card (twas for another blatent infringement not far from your tryline).

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sun 08 Jan 2012, 1:00 pm

No, both cards were for diving in from the side

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2012, 1:01 pm

really? I heard that the first one was for a punch/elbow. If it was indeed for diving in from the side, considering where in the pitch it occured, then I'd agree that one was a bit harsh.

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 08 Jan 2012, 1:02 pm

OK guys - haven't seen for myself so will take your word for it. Stand by my theory about rubbish Irish referees though Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sun 08 Jan 2012, 3:38 pm

dreamer, my apologies, I've now read a couple of other reports which suggest Harley could have seen yellow for a swinging arm in the tackle - still looked harsh to me, but nae bother OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Sun 08 Jan 2012, 5:38 pm

ASBO, just seen the incident on Scrum V - was a swinging arm OK
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2012, 7:52 pm

Asbo - no worries, it happened on the complete opposite side of the pitch to where I was stood, so I hadn't a clue what had happened anyways, was just going on hearsay Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sun 08 Jan 2012, 11:14 pm

Watching the highlights and I hate folk who whinge about refs but honestly - both yellows harsh, and lots of other dodgy decisions.

Grump!

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 09 Jan 2012, 10:58 am

The biggest joke of the match was Jon Davies being man of the match. From what I saw nobody deserved to be given a man of the match award because the match was that dire.

That said I have been to matches where we have played brilliantly and lost, so I guess it is a nice chance to play really really bad and still pick up the win.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 09 Jan 2012, 11:03 am

I've only seen the highlights. The Harley yellow card looked a dreadful decision but I couldn't really see the Wilson one properly on my computer, was certainly near enough the try line so it it was a legitimate offence then no complaints.

I've been so impressed with the work ethic at Glasgow this season. Lineen seems lightyears ahead of Bradley as a coach, and really seems to have gelled the entire squad. Given the injury and at least one poor yellow card, Glasgow can certainly feel that the Scarlets were there for the taking.

Something not clicking with the Scarlets, which is odd when you consider the quality of player they have across the backs.

Given the team selection from Lineen, an LBP is a good result, but it could certainly have been more. Much credit to Glasgow, the squad is in pretty good nick going into the big game against Leinster.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jan 2012, 11:33 am

you say at least one poor yellow FES, but Glasgow were very, very lucky not to get another yellow for their persistant infringing at the breakdown.

And yes Scarlets were there for the taking, but I would just like to put in a little reminder, that Scarlets did knock on twice over the line in the process of trying to score a try. If we hadn't have made those 2 stupid errors, we could well have been out of sight! Just the way the game goes I guess Smile

And for the Scarlets? I dunno, neither of our 9's played very well on Saturday, and perhaps Jon Davies and Scott Williams are too similar in the centre. Something isn't quite right anyway, but that could be just put down to our first choice backs just not having that much training time together.

I wouldn't mind seeing Maule and Davies in the centre at somepoint, or Davies and Warren. Reckon that might work a bit better.

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 09 Jan 2012, 11:55 am

Fair enough on the yellow card situation. I only saw highlights so can't comment other than to say the Harley card was never in a million years a yellow card.

I'm surprised Jon Davies and Scott Williams doesn't work, as you suggest, it may just be the case that they need more time together. To be fair, Glasgow are a spoiling side, and have a habit of making decent sides look bad - they've been doing it all year.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:43 pm

It could be FES but they are really, really similar players. Think finally the loss of Regan King might be making itself known.

True Glasgow have been doing that but you can't take anything away from their defence. Even down to 13 they were completely committed and almost impossible to break down (especially as we kept on knocking the ball on/forward passes etc!).

A frustrating match for both sides I think.

What I don't get, was that with Glasgow only trailing for 2, why they opted to kick the ball out to touch and finish the match, instead of trying to attack downfield and get themselves into a position to win a kickable penalty. Really baffled me that. They just basically flat turned down the option of going for a win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2