The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LonelyDarth's NFL 2010 season review

4 posters

Go down

LonelyDarth's NFL 2010 season review Empty LonelyDarth's NFL 2010 season review

Post by LonelyDarth Wed 16 Mar 2011, 12:15

I also posted this on 606.

I've wanted to do this for while so here I go, I'm doing a recap on key points of the 2010 season for people to look back on and remember and for newbies to know how it all went down.

Week 1
-The Bears were saved when a last second Lions Calvin Johnson TD was overturned as to the letter of the law he didn't complete the process of the catch.

-Dallas were punished for self inflicted penalties and mistakes, a Choice fumble lead to a DeAngelo Hall TD and a last second Williams TD was called back for a holding flag on Dallas' Alex Barron.

Week 2
-The Dolphins went 2-0 after beating Minnesota 14-10 including a 4th down goal line stand by the Fish.

-Pats WR Randy Moss conquered Revis Island but Jets still come out on top with a 28-14 win.

Week 3
-Chris Johnson runs for 125 yards and 2 TDs as the Titans beat the Giants at the Meadowlands.

-Devin Hester scored a record breaking 14th career kickoff/punt return TD in the Bears win vs Green Bay.

Week 4
-The Giants sack Bears QB Cutler 9 times and he is replaced by Hanie who is sacked and then replaced by Collins.

-Josh Scobee kicks a 60 yard FG as Jacksonville beat the Colts 31-28.

-Patriots crush Miami 41-14 despite only scoring twice on offence, resulting in the Dolphins ST coach being fired.

Week 5
-Randy Moss, now a Viking, goes back to Revis Island and once again despite 4 receptions for 81 yards and a TD comes out on the losing side.

Week 6
-Green Bay go down to an OT FG for the 2nd week in a row, this time at home to Miami.

-Houston beat San Diego in a 35-31 shootout.

Week 7
-After Big Ben fumbled what seemed to be a rushing TD, and despite Miami coming out with ball the officials couldn't decide who recovered the ball and the Steelers kick a winning FG.

-Oakland put up 59 points at Denver, lead 38-7 at HT.

Week 8
-Green Bay defeat the Jets 9-0 at the Meadowlands in the seasons lowest scoring game.

Week 9
-Dallas crushed by Green Bay 45-7 at Lambeau Field, Packers scoring 28 points in the 2nd quarter.

-The Browns stun the Patriots with a 34-14.

Week 10
-Cassel throws for 469 yards and 4 TDs in Kansas 49-29 defeat to Denver.

-Michael Vick throws for 333 yards, 4 TDs off 20/28, and rushes for 80 yards and 2 TDs off 8 carries in Eagles 59-28 win at Washington.

Week 11
-Buffalo trail 31-14 at half time in Cincinnati and put up 35 2nd half points to win 49-31.

Week 12
-Buffalo's Stevie Johnson gets open and drops a nailed on TD pass in OT which leads to Steelers scoring a game winning FG to win 19-16.

-Peyton Manning throws for 285 yards and 2 TDs, but also throws 2 pick sixes in San Diego 36-14 win in Indy.

Week 13
-Down 10-6, Polamalu forces a Flacco fumble which leads to a Redman TD as Steelers take control of the AFC North in 13-10 over Ravens.

-After a week of talking the Jets are walked all over by the Patriots in a 45-3 thrashing in Foxboro.

Week 14
-DeSean Jackson runs 91 yards away from the Dallas defense for a TD as the Eagles win 30-27.

-The Pats master the Chicago blizzard to win 36-7.

-Redskins score a last second TD to send the game to OT but botch the PAT and Tampa Bay win 17-16.

Week 15
-Giants lead the Eagles 31-10 with 8 minutes left in regulation, the Eagles win as DeSean Jackson returns a Matt Dodge punt 65 yards as the Eagles win 38-31 as time expires.

Week 16
-A Brett Favre-less Vikings win in Philly.

-Chicago clinch 2nd seed in the NFC after beating the Jets 38-34, and the Philly defeat to Minnesota.

Week 17
-Green Bay clinch a playoff place after beating Chicago 10-3.

-Seattle become the first team with a sub .500 record to reach the playoffs after beating St. Louis 16-6 to clinch the NFC West title.

Wildcard Round
-Matt Hasselbeck throws for 272 yards and 4 TDs, and Lynch runs for 131 yards including a 65 yard TD as the 7-9 Seahawks shock the champion Saints 41-36.

-Nick Folk kicks a FG as time expires as the Jets win in Indy 17-16.

-James Starks runs for 123 yards in the Packers 21-16 win in Philadelphia, helped by a Tremon Williams INT in the dying seconds.

Divisional Round
-Brady throws 299 yards and 2 TDs but turnovers are key as the Jets lead by 3 Sanchez TDs reach their 2nd consecutive AFC Championship Game.

-A sloppy 1st half Steelers performance at home to the Ravens, but the Steel curtain rules the 2nd half in a 31-24 Steelers win.

-Atlanta's Matty Ice was froze out by the Packers defense in a 48-21 Green Bay win. Rodgers throws for 366 yards and 3 TDs off 31/36 and a rushing TD.

Championship Games
-Jets shutout the Steelers in the 2nd half and score 16 points but a 24-3 1st half lead was enough for Steelers to reach their 2nd Super Bowl in 3 years.

-With Hanie in for an injured Cutler the Bears threatened a comeback from 14-0 to 14-7, but threw a pick six to the Packers DT BJ "The Freezer" Raji which turned out to be the game winner.

Super Bowl XLV
-After the Packers lead the Steelers 21-3, the Steelers seemed to be gathering momentum but when on the Packers 33 a Mendenhall fumble lead to a Packers TD drive, and the Packers came out on top 31-25 after the Steelers couldn't convert a 4th down.

Last edited by LonelyDarth on Wed 16 Mar 2011, 14:51; edited 3 times in total

LonelyDarth

Back to top Go down

LonelyDarth's NFL 2010 season review Empty Re: LonelyDarth's NFL 2010 season review

Post by wow_junky Wed 16 Mar 2011, 12:32

Did the Saints get a bye to the playoffs this season? Not a single mention of them until the Seattle loss!

Good review though !

wow_junky

Back to top Go down

LonelyDarth's NFL 2010 season review Empty Re: LonelyDarth's NFL 2010 season review

Post by LonelyDarth Wed 16 Mar 2011, 12:35

The Saints were pretty average all season compared to 2009 and the Seattle loss was in the first round of the playoffs.

I could of mentioned the Falcons a lot more but I wanted to focus on stand out moments and had to keep it under 5000 characters for 606, I only copy and pasted it onto here.

LonelyDarth

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 16 Mar 2011, 14:42

Can't believe there's no mention of the Skins screwing up that PAT against the Bucs. I was absolutely gobsmacked.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by LonelyDarth Wed 16 Mar 2011, 14:53

Pr4wn wrote:Can't believe there's no mention of the Skins screwing up that PAT against the Bucs. I was absolutely gobsmacked.

Noted and edited. Can't believe I missed that too.

LonelyDarth

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballOasis&Hatton Wed 16 Mar 2011, 15:06

LonelyDarth wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:Can't believe there's no mention of the Skins screwing up that PAT against the Bucs. I was absolutely gobsmacked.

Noted and edited. Can't believe I missed that too.

Cheers lads. Id almost pushed that one out of my mind. furious

FootballOasis&Hatton

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 16 Mar 2011, 15:34

It was a fair result in the end, considering you scored the TD on a 5th down... Smile

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Mar 2011, 22:45

Good read, there were a few high points for the Raiders this season most notaly going 6-0 in the division

obviously sucks that we didn't make the play-offs, but supose thats what happens when you only go 2-8 outside of the division. Could have been different if we beat Miami at home or held on to the lead we built up in Jax

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down