The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia v India 2nd Test Marks Out of 10

+2
skyeman
Shelsey93
6 posters

Go down

Australia v India 2nd Test Marks Out of 10 Empty Australia v India 2nd Test Marks Out of 10

Post by Shelsey93 Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:29 pm

I don't think this thread has been posted yet so I thought I'd start one...

Australia

Warner 4
Cowan 4
Marsh 2
Ponting 9
Clarke 10
Hussey 10
Haddin 6
Siddle 8
Pattinson 8
Hilfenhaus 9
Lyon 4

India

Sehwag 5
Gambhir 7
Dravid 4
Tendulkar 8
Laxman 7
Kohli 4
Dhoni 6
Ashwin 6
Zaheer Khan 6
Sharma 4
Yadav 2

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Australia v India 2nd Test Marks Out of 10 Empty Re: Australia v India 2nd Test Marks Out of 10

Post by skyeman Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:51 pm

Just think that Clarke should be 1 point ahead of anybody else.

Australia

Warner 5 For great fielding
Cowan 4
Marsh 2
Ponting 9
Clarke 10
Hussey 9
Haddin 6 Not at his best behind the stumps
Siddle 8
Pattinson 8
Hilfenhaus 9
Lyon 4

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Australia v India 2nd Test Marks Out of 10 Empty Re: Australia v India 2nd Test Marks Out of 10

Post by Mike Selig Fri 06 Jan 2012, 11:13 pm

Pretty close, although I feel people are being a bit generous to Haddin who had a poor game really. I would say:

Warner: 4.5 - no runs but inspirational in the field, including a breathtaking catch to dismiss Shewag.
Cowan: 4 - made a start and on another day would have gotten away with the LBW shout. Looks a good fielder in at short-leg.
Marsh: 3 - another failure, although again he fielded very well.
Ponting 9 - welcome back Ricky.
Clarke 10 - no further comment required.
Hussey 9 - had he got out quickly, Australia's lead could have been restricted to 200-250. He didn't.
Haddin 4 - poor game behind the stumps in the second innings, reminding us of just how tough wicket-keeping can be (nowhere to hide).
Siddle 8 - at times when Australia looked flat he got them going in the second innings.
Pattinson 7 - a bit off colour in the 2nd innings (was he carrying the injury already), but set the game up with his second and third spells in the first (when he got Shewag, Laxman and then Tendulkar).
Hilfenhaus 9 - what a return to test cricket this has been!
Lyon 5 - I thought he did ok against this Indian side. Not great but OK.

Shewag 3 - a scratchy 30odd then got out in exactly the same way as the second innings at Melbourne. Not good enough. Doesn't offer much in the field either.
Gambhir 6 - good fighting knock when all was just about lost, could do him some good confidence wise.
Dravid 4 - well he fought hard in both innings but looks hopelessly out of touch.
Tendulkar 7 - played nicely in both innings but "nicely" is beginning not to cut it.
Laxman 5 - sure he scored 60 on a flat pitch against a tired attack and an old ball, but failed in the first innings, and got out as soon as the second new ball was taken in the second. I also think Tendulkar and he missed about 5 runs during their partnership.
Kohli 4 - looked all the world a test player in the first innings, then got out to a good ball but a poor shot. Not much he could do about his 2nd innings dismissal though. At least the guy can run and field.
Dhoni 5 - good knock in the first dig, but loses a mark for negative captaincy.
Ashwin 4 - 7 for batting, 1 for bowling. Sure the fields set weren't helpful, but in his interview he was saying "what else could we do?" Well, stop pretending it's a one-day game and try to take wickets would be a start.
Zaheer 6 - bowled one good spell, then nothing.
Sharma 4 - bowled well in patches without luck (in part because of his length) but at others gave away too many easy runs.
Yadav 2 - I thought he'd pick up the odd wicket, but TBH never really threatened.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 06 Jan 2012, 11:25 pm

I think Mike is being a bit generous to the Aussie top 3, maybe with the exception of Warner. Marsh really doesn't deserve more than 2 at most IMO. Also think Tendulkar deserves maybe a 7.5 rather than 7.

India's main problem seems to be that they aren't enough batsmen making scores at the same time, and not big enough ones at that. 7 of their top 8 have passed fifty at various times this series, but no centuries (top score of 80)

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by slaterslc Sat 07 Jan 2012, 6:32 am

I think Shelsey is pretty close to the mark.

Agree with all the Indian ratings except Yadav who was better than a 2.

Hard to mark the Aussie top 3 because they only got one chance to bat and did well in the field.

Haddin no more than a 5, although again, he didnt get the chance to make up for an ordinary game with the gloves, with his bat.

I agree Clarke needs to be a clear point ahead of anyone else. Can I give him an 11?

slaterslc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jan 2012, 3:00 pm

Australia:

Warner-4
Cowan-5
Marsh-5
Ponting-8
Clarke-12/10 (had to give him more than 10 lol)
Hussey-8
Haddin-2
Siddle-8
Pattinson-7
Hilfenhaus-9
Lyon-6

India
Sehwag-3
Gambhir-7
Dravid-5
Tendulkar-8
Laxman-2
Dhoni-7
Ashwin-5
Zaheer-8 (mostly for the bat lol Wink
Ishant-4
Yadav-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 13 Jan 2012, 3:51 am

no Kohli?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jan 2012, 3:55 pm

Linebreaker wrote:no Kohli?

he was that bad Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 13 Jan 2012, 10:29 pm

Laugh he loses points for his bad temper!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jan 2012, 5:23 pm

Linebreaker wrote: Laugh he loses points for his bad temper!

thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 14 Jan 2012, 8:20 pm

He looked better behaved yesterday. If he can 'work' on his temperament I can see him playing an important role in Indian cricket in the future. His does have a fair bit of class. Would be hard to stop if he gets his confidence up.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down