The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Robshaw sweepstake

+9
thomh
formerly known as Sam
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
logansrun38
yappysnap
Geordie
nobbled
HammerofThunor
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
13 posters

Go down

Which of the following will happen to Chris Robshaw?

Chris Robshaw sweepstake Vote_lcap16%Chris Robshaw sweepstake Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 8 ]
Chris Robshaw sweepstake Vote_lcap6%Chris Robshaw sweepstake Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 3 ]
Chris Robshaw sweepstake Vote_lcap4%Chris Robshaw sweepstake Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
Chris Robshaw sweepstake Vote_lcap16%Chris Robshaw sweepstake Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 8 ]
Chris Robshaw sweepstake Vote_lcap4%Chris Robshaw sweepstake Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
Chris Robshaw sweepstake Vote_lcap20%Chris Robshaw sweepstake Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 10 ]
Chris Robshaw sweepstake Vote_lcap6%Chris Robshaw sweepstake Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 3 ]
Chris Robshaw sweepstake Vote_lcap10%Chris Robshaw sweepstake Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 5 ]
Chris Robshaw sweepstake Vote_lcap20%Chris Robshaw sweepstake Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 51

Poll closed

Chris Robshaw sweepstake Empty Chris Robshaw sweepstake

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:59 pm

censored

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Chris Robshaw sweepstake Empty Re: Chris Robshaw sweepstake

Post by HammerofThunor Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:10 pm

laughing

All good choices. I liked the getting sued by Borthwick one

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:18 pm

That's just silly. No Englishman ever got respect from a Welshman. Begrudgingly or otherwise.
Do think the yellow card is a serious possibility - although not on the basis of nationality - Robshaw does have a certain amount of form...
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:42 pm

What about : Leads a novice England to a hard fought victory...where Englands lack of power up front is highlighted as a serious problem....

Though if its open...i'll toss Zara... Very Happy

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:46 pm

All of those are good choices. I went for the red card so that we can morally win the slam.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by logansrun38 Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:59 pm

Nobbled, what form is that then?

logansrun38

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:14 pm

logansrun38 wrote:Nobbled, what form is that then?

Quick trawl of the web and all I have is ancient history really.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-1268573/Leicester-40-Harlequins-22-Chris-Robshaws-yellow-card-finishes-Quins.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/oct/10/bayonne-harlequins-amlin-challenge-cup

He hasn't got much form - I was mistaken. In mitigation - Quins have a questionable disciplinary record, Robshaw doesn't.

Doh

nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:17 pm

nobbled wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-1268573/Leicester-40-Harlequins-22-Chris-Robshaws-yellow-card-finishes-Quins.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/oct/10/bayonne-harlequins-amlin-challenge-cup

He hasn't got much form - I was mistaken. In mitigation - Quins have a questionable disciplinary record, Robshaw doesn't.

Doh

Someone willing to admit they've been mistaken on the internet Yikes

Well played good sir notworthy
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:19 pm

Robshaw does have a tendancy to annoy referees, I've seen it on several occasions where they refuse to speak to him be cause all he does is moan and whinge. Don't think he's ever done it enough to get sin binned but depending on the ref and the level of crowd abuse he might (see Ben Youngs yellow card vs Ireland).

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:25 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:
nobbled wrote:

Doh

Someone willing to admit they've been mistaken on the internet Yikes

Well played good sir notworthy

Afraid it was a case of posting an opinion without letting niggly little things like "facts" get in the way. Will check before posting in future!
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by thomh Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:24 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Robshaw does have a tendancy to annoy referees, I've seen it on several occasions where they refuse to speak to him be cause all he does is moan and whinge. Don't think he's ever done it enough to get sin binned but depending on the ref and the level of crowd abuse he might (see Ben Youngs yellow card vs Ireland).

That was for throwing the ball away. Dan Cole against Ulster is probably the more apt example.

I know you've seen him struggle with the referee before, and there was one occasion this season where the ref just said 'i don't want to hear it, chris', but I think his problems here are overstated. In general he's got a lot better this season.

thomh

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:31 pm

That was for throwing the ball away. Dan Cole against Ulster is probably the more apt example.

I was thinking more that the throwing the ball away would have only generated a talking too from most refs but because it was the ref it was and had thousands of Irish fans demanding blood a talking to was upgraded to a yellow card. Same could happen if Robshaw gets on the wrong side of the referee with the Scottish fans getting on the refs back. Coley deserved his yellow, that was plain stupid.

I know you've seen him struggle with the referee before, and there was one occasion this season where the ref just said 'i don't want to hear it, chris', but I think his problems here are overstated. In general he's got a lot better this season.

Agree he's improved this season but I've seen a couple of refs wave him away with "no captain" or similar. I think it was Andrew Small who is responsible for your quote coming from a moan after Quins had been awarded a penalty in the middle of the park and Evans was lining up a kick. He needs to learn how to pick his battles.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:53 pm

To be fair though i've seen a lot of refs do that to most captains at various times.

Very few refs will actually talk to the players these days, especially as you say when a game is heated and the crowds are on their back.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:57 pm

All of the above in a highly improbable combination of circumstances
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:58 pm

Even though 2 of the options appear to be mutually exclusive
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:59 pm

Borthwick was terrible with refs at international level but seems to do well at club level (and is considered one of the best club captains).

Wasn't the yellow for Youngs for knocking the ball out of the scrum half's hands when he was about to put it into the scrum?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:38 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:Borthwick was terrible with refs at international level but seems to do well at club level (and is considered one of the best club captains).

Wasn't the yellow for Youngs for knocking the ball out of the scrum half's hands when he was about to put it into the scrum?

Are you sure you arent thinking of the time that Neil Back cost Tigers the Henieken cup by getting caught doing that? chin

Youngs got binned in the last 6 nations for chucking the ball into the crowd to stop a quick lineout ( post Phillips gate, it probably seemed quite smart at the time).

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:51 pm

I absolutely guarantee you that Robshaw won't pretend to be injured; that's just not in his nature. I also doubt he will actually get injured; he broke a leg and ruptured an ACL at the start of his career but has seemed pretty much indestructible since then. He's probably too sensible to mess with the Royal family, and too skilled to make a dump tackle.

Other than that, the remaining options are equally (im)plausible.

Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:00 pm

As long as he's frisked by match officials he'll be fine.Good player with a good attititude.I wish him well.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:41 am

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
HammerofThunor wrote:Borthwick was terrible with refs at international level but seems to do well at club level (and is considered one of the best club captains).

Are you sure you arent thinking of the time that Neil Back cost Tigers the Henieken cup by getting caught doing that? chin

Youngs got binned in the last 6 nations for chucking the ball into the crowd to stop a quick lineout ( post Phillips gate, it probably seemed quite smart at the time).

My mistake. I watched the game in fast forward as I had been away for the game. I started in normal speed and sped it up as it got worse.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:56 am

I have only just noticed that at the official 6Ns launch tom wood was sent by the England management (alongside Dusatoir, Ford, POC, Warburton & Parisse). This does seem to indicate that he was the preferred choice as captain - which potentially doubles the pressure on Robshaw as he tries to consolidate a position in the team.

If Wood was the first choice - it does seem odd that they make a man with just one cap the stand in captain.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:22 am

LondonTiger wrote:I have only just noticed that at the official 6Ns launch tom wood was sent by the England management (alongside Dusatoir, Ford, POC, Warburton & Parisse). This does seem to indicate that he was the preferred choice as captain - which potentially doubles the pressure on Robshaw as he tries to consolidate a position in the team.

If Wood was the first choice - it does seem odd that they make a man with just one cap the stand in captain.

Yes Wood was first choice capatin, although they have a "leadership group" to share the repsonsibilities. Theres also some suggestion that he was planning to rotate the captaincyy, although that seems to have surfaced after Woods injury.
Woulkd it be any less humiliating to make Croft Capatin then drop him gfrom teh team altogether when Wood is back and fit? Or do you just go with your second choice? Its been made clear its only for two games then to be reviewed ( much like Lancasters own status....)
I like the concept of having a group of senior leaders rather than turning the capatin into a single figurehead and overexageratting their importance to the unit.There needs to be someone on the field to make firm decisions and who takes resposnibility for setting the tone but I do think Engfland have been guilty in the past of placing too much improtance on the capataincy and what is expected form them. Maybe a bit more felxibility there will avoid more BortwickMoody situations, where guys who were given the capatincy on merit no longer justify a place in the side but stay in for fear of demolishing a team spirit that didnt really exist anywa or humiliating them.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:35 am

Well unless there's something we don't know about him and Zara Robshaw managed to dodge all od those options. Still the tournament is young...

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:49 am

Option1 is still on course....

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down