The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England Women, Who's your favourite?

+22
Glas a du
chris_501
damage_13
LondonTiger
XR
nganboy
Alex_Germany
EnglishReign
TycroesOsprey
SecretFly
Comfort
Rory_Gallagher
RuggerRadge2611
Smirnoffpriest
miteyironpaw
beshocked
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
TrailApe
propdavid_london
Chjw131
bathmad
HERSH
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

England Women, Who's your favourite?

England Women, Who's your favourite? Vote_lcap4%England Women, Who's your favourite? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
England Women, Who's your favourite? Vote_lcap4%England Women, Who's your favourite? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
England Women, Who's your favourite? Vote_lcap0%England Women, Who's your favourite? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
England Women, Who's your favourite? Vote_lcap0%England Women, Who's your favourite? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
England Women, Who's your favourite? Vote_lcap7%England Women, Who's your favourite? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
England Women, Who's your favourite? Vote_lcap14%England Women, Who's your favourite? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 4 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
England Women, Who's your favourite? Vote_lcap7%England Women, Who's your favourite? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
England Women, Who's your favourite? Vote_lcap18%England Women, Who's your favourite? Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 5 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
England Women, Who's your favourite? Vote_lcap11%England Women, Who's your favourite? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 28

England Women, Who's your favourite? Empty England Women, Who's your favourite?

Post by HERSH Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:19 pm

With the pressures of the six nations approaching fast, I thought some of us could do with a rest from the main topics of discussion and pick our favourite England women rugby players.

Please base this on skill, strength and stamina not looks, or else you'll get a slapped wrist!

http://www.rfu.com/SquadsAndPlayers/WomensRugby.aspx

Last edited by HERSH on Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:44 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : told to by rugbydreamer)
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

England Women, Who's your favourite? Empty Re: England Women, Who's your favourite?

Post by bathmad Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:28 pm

Danielle Waterman, Fran Matthews, and Natasha Hunt. All at the same time. Whistle

bathmad

Back to top Go down

England Women, Who's your favourite? Empty Re: England Women, Who's your favourite?

Post by Chjw131 Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:32 pm

What an incredibly sexist and undermining topic. Shame on you Hersh. But yea Waterman and Hunt would get it...

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:33 pm

Why exactly is it light relief, Hersh?

This is a rugby forum, if you are going to pick a favourite, at least make it down to their rugby playing ability.

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:34 pm

I have.

Rowena Burnfield
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:39 pm

I would suggest you amend your OP, Hersh, and quickly.

It is incredibly insulting for one of the few topics on Women's rugby to be put down as 'light relief'.

Especially after England Women's record in this competition, they should be discussed on the merits of their rugby and not belittled.

Honeslty Hersh, this is seriously poor form.

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:48 pm

I find it insulting to Women rugby players that people automatically assume the worst when they see a post like this.

Shame on you, these women are fit birds and are at the top of their game, how many of you can say you've pulled on The Red Rose?
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:49 pm

I'm surprised that Maggie the Machine dosent have any votes yet!
Rowena is making a good impact and is starting in their first game of the 6N.

Kay Wilson will be one to watch - playing 15 but equally comfortable on the wing.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:51 pm

I really admire that team - and for the right reasons.

I'll let you decide what the 'right' reasons are.
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:54 pm

Id say Pocock, I expect shes as much of a monster for getting loose balls as her Aussie namesake. Matthews looks like she'd be quite dirty.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:02 pm

Hersh - I know you think I'm being OTT, but womens rugby get's very little recognition, if any, and it's incredibly galling that when it is discussed about it's seen as "light relief".

I'm not sure how you can't see that that's just insulting?

Thank you for amending the OP.

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:03 pm

OK
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:06 pm

Based purely on rugby abilities my vote goes to Maggie Alphonsi.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:09 pm

HERSH wrote:I find it insulting to Women rugby players that people automatically assume the worst when they see a post like this.

Shame on you, these women are fit birds and are at the top of their game, how many of you can say you've pulled on The Red Rose?

Great point HERSH - why did the "who is the most ripped rugby player" thread not attract scathing Moderation for being a forum to discuss the physique of male players, rather than their rugby playing ability? I call the Mods on a double standard.

Dear moderators: please note the capitalisation of "Moderator" which is entirely out of respect whilst accusing you of gender bias.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:12 pm

what thread was that mitey? I didn't see that one I have to say.

I can't read everything on here, don't have enough time to I'm afraid.

If you had an issue with it, you should have brought it to the mod/admin teams attention OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:16 pm

If the BBC can put up the headline " England women face massive semi" then I think HERSH is entitled to enterian himself in the privacy of his own room.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:17 pm

Dreamer why don't you create a thread on Welsh women rugby players (or results when the 6N kicks off) might help raise the profile a bit on 606v2 and start some interesting discussions - I can't really comment on this thread as I haven't seen much of the English players - but there's some good Welsh girls out there

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:19 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:what thread was that mitey? I didn't see that one I have to say.

I can't read everything on here, don't have enough time to I'm afraid.

If you had an issue with it, you should have brought it to the mod/admin teams attention OK

I posted an ironic comment on the thread - and it was removed by a moderator Wink So I assumed it was seen and condoned, and that I was being unnecessarily sensitive by drawing attention to it's lack of propriety.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:20 pm

sd

Last edited by Smirnoffpriest on Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:20 pm

Priest - already thinking about it. I should be going to watch the Ireland v Wales womens match on Friday, and am hoping to get to all the Wales womens home games this year as well (they are all being played in the MS).

Will see if I can write up reports on them at all.

I'm all for light hearted comments on here (yes even if it is just about a players looks), but at least with the mens game we discuss everything about it, don't just wheel them out as "light relief". That is the point I'm trying to make (admittedly, not very well!)

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:23 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:If the BBC can put up the headline " England women face massive semi" then I think HERSH is entitled to enterian himself in the privacy of his own room.

laughing Massive? Shocked Do you know soemthing we don't?

England's womens rugby team are the best in the world.

No crime though in saying a hot girl is hot though is there? I would pack down against some of those girls any time.

Annually Kirkcaldy Rugby club U18s played the Kirkcaldy women, 9 times out of 10 we would get destroyed by the Women. None of them looked like some of the hotties on the England team though broken
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:24 pm

They're in the MS? thats a suprise I thought they were usually in the Brewery Field or the CAP.

How much are tickets out of interest?

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:29 pm

I think it's free, Priest. They are playing either before or after all the mens games (I think it's before). Will see if I can find more info.

Radge - no, no problem with saying a hot girl is hot, but like I said, considering that womens rugby isn't discussed on here at all, to all of a sudden to starting talking about them, just about their looks, as light relief, is insulting.

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:32 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Radge - no, no problem with saying a hot girl is hot, but like I said, considering that womens rugby isn't discussed on here at all, to all of a sudden to starting talking about them, just about their looks, as light relief, is insulting.

I do agree with that, especially when they have played so well recently. Fair Play dreamer Smile
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:34 pm

I find it insulting that its still called womens rugby.

Rugby is rugby.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:35 pm

Honestly Dreamer I think you are getting a bit petty about it and easily insulted.. I highly doubt it was intended to offend and I don't think there is any need to get offended either. Offence is taken, not given. It isn't that big a deal really is it?

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:37 pm

I think it's demeaning that women are forced to play for free. It should cost at least the same as watching the Scottish men's team, surely.

Last edited by miteyironpaw on Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:38 pm

Based on rugbydreamer's comments here I guess Cari and her filthy posts about Tommy Bowe will be moderated immediately.

I wouldn't want there to be any accusations about double standards...

Last edited by SafeAsMilk on Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:38 pm

They aren't forced to do anything.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:38 pm

It seems to me we are taking them seriously as players and not being immature sexists here, the ugliest one of the bunch has the most votes so far.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:39 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:It seems to me we are taking them seriously as players and not being immature sexists here, the ugliest one of the bunch has the most votes so far.

Laugh

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:45 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:It seems to me we are taking them seriously as players and not being immature sexists here, the ugliest one of the bunch has the most votes so far.

notworthy

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:45 pm

Rory - if the womens game was commented on here just as much as the mens then no, I wouldn't really have that much of an issue with this thread at all.

For this to be the only thread discussing womens "rugby" (coz let's face it, it isn't discussing the rugby at all), then yes that is offensive, and it's belitteling, and it's demeaning for this to be the only focus of womens rugby on this forum.

Like I've already said, got no problem with posters commenting on looks of players (I occassionaly do the same myself), but to just comment on the looks of women and discuss nothing else just so it's "light relief". No, there is an issue here, and sorry for you that you can't see it.

Priest - this is all the info I can find with a quick search about the women playing at the MS http://www.irb.com/newsmedia/womensrugby/newsid=2060934.html

Will have to have a look for more later.

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:47 pm

Womens rugby at the top level is still amature. Thants the deifference.
At best the squad members will get expenses covered for travel to and from matches/training camps ect.

I am sure that it will eventually go professional - but not for a very long time.
TV coverage is a very good start though.

I think there is a £10 or £15 charge to watch England womens team play - home games are normally at Esher rfc.
Pretty much the same price you would pay to watch a championship game.
Last year England Women played NZ women in Twickers - I think that it was free for anyone staying on after the mens game. This was designed to get more people watching the game and hopefully spreading the word that its a good standard of play.
The more interest there is the faster the game will grow - when the demand is there then the game will go professional.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:47 pm

I just assumed the poll was being skewed by some of our Welsh members who apparently have an inferior ability at spotting a genetically advantageous match.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:48 pm

It is belittling because you are looking at it that way and getting yourself worked up about it - I would just ignore it if you feel that way because I don't think anyone meant anything by it.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:49 pm

Im not sure if them getting paid to give HERSH light relief would make it better or worse?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:49 pm

http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/women/172.php

All squads and news here -

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:51 pm

Rory - I'm really sorry you have that attitude towards this. That's all I can say.

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:52 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:It is belittling because you are looking at it that way and getting yourself worked up about it - I would just ignore it if you feel that way because I don't think anyone meant anything by it.

Ah! The old chambermaid harassment defense! Something benefit has come of the RWC then.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:53 pm

propdavid_london wrote:http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/women/172.php

All squads and news here -

Interesting

"Scotland Women can turn corner says Brown"

Mildly patronising headline Scotlands driving abilities and another about the England side playing with curtains. Sexists.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:53 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:They're in the MS?

Only 1 game at the MS - Wales v Italy

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:55 pm

aww really, just the one? That's a shame, I thought there were going to be more. If they have them before/after the mens games, they're pretty much guaranteed to get bigger crowds then if they play them in some other remote stadium.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:55 pm

miteyironpaw wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:It is belittling because you are looking at it that way and getting yourself worked up about it - I would just ignore it if you feel that way because I don't think anyone meant anything by it.

Ah! The old chambermaid harassment defense! Something benefit has come of the RWC then.

Want to reiterate what you mean?

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:57 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
miteyironpaw wrote:

Want to reiterate what you mean?

he means that any minute now Ror, you're going to DOMINATE her. Very Happy

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:57 pm

To reiterate for Rory : I mean that those on the receiving end of patronising masoginistic condescention often have a different perspective of it than those perpetrating it, as we witnessed during a regrettable off-field incident during the RWC.

Thus, it is important to consider how you are perceived in addition to how you intend to be perceived.

Last edited by miteyironpaw on Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:58 pm

Someone ask Cari to call in an officiate in this debate.

Now there's a woman who knows why she loves men's rugby....yes, I know, I know, she also likes the game of rugby for its own attributes. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:58 pm

miteyironpaw wrote:To reiterate for Rory : I mean that those on the receiving end of patronising masoginistic condescention often have a different perspective of it than those perpetrating it, as we witnessed during a regrettable off-field incident during the RWC.

Oh stop being such a big tart

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 01 Feb 2012, 4:01 pm

Yeah what the hell did I just read Shocked

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 01 Feb 2012, 4:01 pm

SecretFly wrote:Someone ask Cari to call in an officiate in this debate.

Now there's a woman who knows why she loves men's rugby....yes, I know, I know, she also likes the game of rugby for its own attributes. Wink

And I don't exactly get offended about it either, because I am not that petty..

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next