The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommendations for new bat

4 posters

Go down

Recommendations for new bat Empty Recommendations for new bat

Post by hodge Thu 02 Feb 2012, 11:06 pm

Seeing as how my GM cracked today at nets I need a new bat more than likely. So will be paying a visit to a few shops as well as looking online. Generally I get GM bats but open to switching to a different make.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Recommendations for new bat Empty Re: Recommendations for new bat

Post by JDizzle Fri 03 Feb 2012, 12:39 am

Well, I use a Mongoose TorQ, which is the full length version of the Mongoose, so a "real" bat and the only difference is the shorten splice, which gives you a bigger middle and the edges are huge which also aid to just hitting the ball further! A really good bat, my last one lasted 2 years which is good for me as I tend to wreck bats quickly so they have durability and they are high quality.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sat 04 Feb 2012, 9:51 pm

went for a Gray Nicholls Oblivion in the end, in the sale as well so very happy with it.

Looked at the GM's but they're just so expensive now, an Origional will now set me back £300+ at the place where I used to shop and checked first today, compared to £250 i spent on my last bat

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:19 pm

Yeah, it does get insane nowadays. If you pay pretty much anything less than 150 you are not going to get a decent bat, it is ridiculous! Gray Nicolls are quality bats though, so I am sure you will get your monies worth.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Mon 13 Feb 2012, 2:59 pm

For anyone who tends to play more evening (i.e 20/20) games like me due to life's little time restraints a Newberry Uzi is worth a look at for better price.

Like JDizzle said prices are insane these days with most good bats 150+. Whilst Uzi prices range up to same ridiculous prices as most bats you can get one of the mid range ones for between 100-125 if you shop around and whilst not perfect mine has the best middle of any bat I payed much more for when playing more often and 50 over games.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:40 pm

Newberry Thruxton is my blade of choice at the moment, superb bat, lovely middle on it.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down