The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No bunkers in Bahrain...

3 posters

Go down

No bunkers in Bahrain... Empty No bunkers in Bahrain...

Post by Davie Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:36 am

Just watching the Saturday morning action from Bahrain and I'd read earlier in the week that the European tour had ruled that there were no bunkers on the course (including ones that really do look like conventional bunkers such as around the green)

Seems REALLY odd though to see players taking practice swings in "greenside sanded areas". Just saw Casey playing out of one and he took a couple of full practice swings, including testing the depth and texture of the sand.

Just seems really weird - I thought he'd had a complete miss on the first practice swing until I remembered the ruling!

Davie

Back to top Go down

No bunkers in Bahrain... Empty Re: No bunkers in Bahrain...

Post by drive4show Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:39 am

Does seem odd but actually makes good sense. Can you imagine the chaos if some were bunkers and some were waste areas? Penalty shots galore! Talking of which, did you about Tano Goya(?), 4 penalty shots for playing a different ball Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:21 am

Could this issue be faced again at the Scottish open at castle Stuart, it seems to have a few ambiguous bunker/sandy areas?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down