The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Out Cricket's Discussion of the Week - Who is the best captain in the world?

+3
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
legendkillar
All Out Cricket
7 posters

Go down

All Out Cricket's Discussion of the Week - Who is the best captain in the world? Empty All Out Cricket's Discussion of the Week - Who is the best captain in the world?

Post by All Out Cricket Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:55 am

In All Out Cricket this month, we spoke to Andrew Strauss, Rory Hamilton-Brown and Bob Willis about the art of captaincy.

http://www.alloutcricket.com/magazine/current-issue

At a time when international cricket's pecking order seems to be changing by the day, we want to know who you think is the best skipper in the world today.

All Out Cricket

Back to top Go down

All Out Cricket's Discussion of the Week - Who is the best captain in the world? Empty Re: All Out Cricket's Discussion of the Week - Who is the best captain in the world?

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:02 pm

my team mates will you its me Whistle

international cricket: IMO its misbah.

Back to top Go down

All Out Cricket's Discussion of the Week - Who is the best captain in the world? Empty Re: All Out Cricket's Discussion of the Week - Who is the best captain in the world?

Post by legendkillar Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:04 pm

Graeme Smith.

Pains me to say as I can't stand the guy, but his bowling changes and assessment of conditions at the toss are quite remarkable.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:05 pm

For me the best test captain right now is Misbah Ul Haq.

Hwere he has taken this team in such a short time is incerdible. Not only in their results and standard of play, but also their behaviour and morale. Given what he inherited its hard for me to see past him.

A side going 3 years without a series win, then under him getting 4 wins and 2 drawn series, including the two best sides in the world, is pretty special.
The guy has class too.

You can argue about who offers the best tacticaly, but this guy is a leader.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:12 pm

Still Strauss, for me. One bad series does not a bad captain make,

Misbah and Clarke fighting it out for second, who have both done tremendously well with sides that had plenty of struggles prior to their respective appointments.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:53 pm

legendkillar wrote:Graeme Smith.

Pains me to say as I can't stand the guy, but his bowling changes and assessment of conditions at the toss are quite remarkable.

I would love to agree with you, but over the last 2 years(admittedly we only tend to play every 9 months or so) his form hasn't been great and with him always leading from the front, I think his leadership has suffered.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:54 pm

Fists, Clarke and Smith are the same type of leaders, they lead by example. Very much dependant on form.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:56 pm

Different people lead in different ways. I would still say Dhoni is right up there, particularly in one-day cricket but I would still go for Strauss in Tests.

William Porterfield is also by all accounts an excellent captain for Ireland - Mike Atherton thought he was the best skipper at the 2011 World Cup.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:11 pm

Misbah has to be the best surely..

unbeaten since he took over, staedied the ship,let them to very good series wins, and is mr.cool.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:34 am

Clarke

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down