The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predict the ODI Series Score: Pakistan V England

+5
BuLioli
JDizzle
ShahenshahG
Demon Racer
Duty281
9 posters

Go down

Series Score

Predict the ODI Series Score: Pakistan V England Vote_lcap0%Predict the ODI Series Score: Pakistan V England Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Predict the ODI Series Score: Pakistan V England Vote_lcap0%Predict the ODI Series Score: Pakistan V England Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Predict the ODI Series Score: Pakistan V England Vote_lcap30%Predict the ODI Series Score: Pakistan V England Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Predict the ODI Series Score: Pakistan V England Vote_lcap30%Predict the ODI Series Score: Pakistan V England Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
Predict the ODI Series Score: Pakistan V England Vote_lcap40%Predict the ODI Series Score: Pakistan V England Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 4 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

Predict the ODI Series Score: Pakistan V England Empty Predict the ODI Series Score: Pakistan V England

Post by Duty281 Wed 8 Feb - 17:28

4 ODIs starting on Monday, I'll be wildly optimistic and say 2-2.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Predict the ODI Series Score: Pakistan V England Empty Re: Predict the ODI Series Score: Pakistan V England

Post by Guest Wed 8 Feb - 17:48

One would think that England would be now acclimatised to the conditions and would play more positively.

Back to top Go down

Predict the ODI Series Score: Pakistan V England Empty Re: Predict the ODI Series Score: Pakistan V England

Post by Demon Racer Wed 8 Feb - 17:49

Considering ENG got hammered 5-0 in IND, PAK should win 4-0

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 8 Feb - 18:14

3-1 to pak I'd reckon - but If england win the first then 2-2

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Wed 8 Feb - 21:09

Yeah, I think 3-1 to Pakistan. I don't think Pakistan have the same strength in batting that India do in the ODI game and whilst they have a number of good players I think England will scrape a game somewhere, probably by blowing away Pakistan for 150-170 somewhere and scraping over the line as per, whilst Pakistan take the rest of the series comfortably.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by BuLioli Fri 10 Feb - 11:47

Morning all. I'm going to join the optimism camp and go for a drawn series 2-2. Yes we may still be on the subcontinent, but England occasionally have a habit of coming back strongly in whichever series follows a disappointing one (e.g. the one-day series between them, AUS and NZ after the 2006-07 Ashes).

Still, this is me trying to do a prediction - it's almost always wrong!

BuLioli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Feb - 15:58

Just to summarise before the first ball was bowled we had the following predictions

Pak-Eng
2-2 - three votes
3-1 - four votes
4-0 - three votes
ten votes cast in all.

Eng win - no votes
Pak win - seven votes
drawn series - three votes

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 13 Feb - 18:12

Nore Staat wrote:Just to summarise before the first ball was bowled we had the following predictions

Pak-Eng
2-2 - three votes
3-1 - four votes
4-0 - three votes
ten votes cast in all.

Eng win - no votes
Pak win - seven votes
drawn series - three votes

Well at least 3 votes are already wrong Wink

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Feb - 19:18

I'm quite pleased with my prediction of 2-2. I think in the manner that England lost in the test series and their previous performances in ODI last year in India, and in the World Cup, that 2-2 was probably as far as would be reasonable to go, based on the information available.

With this ODI, it is noticeable that two players not in the test side, Bopara and Finn have made very significant contributions to these victories. Also Cook has batted exceptionally well, and Patel has bowled (and batted) quite well. Everything else seems similar (the rest of the bowlers continue to bowl well, KP and Morgan still showing some uncertainty).

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 19 Feb - 11:51

Well, my prediction was completely wrong - went for 3 - 1 to Pakistan. As various posters have commented, it's odd how there are some complete turn arounds between different series of tests and ODIs between the same teams. Could understand England winning test series then taking foot off the gas - but much less predictable that it should be the other way round...

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 19 Feb - 12:47

i wouldnt call it unpredictable.

the test series winner in recent time(whoever it is) seems to allways fail in the following odi's.

a big reason why england were/are no.1 test and dropped to 6th in odi's

when there is no way england are/should be that bad!

its mentality(losing test team- nothing to loose), its the switch of the format(it seems to confuse the test winning team- how to pace innings) it happens over and over again.

tests are the big deal and should allways end the series, then i cant see this patern keep happening

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by BuLioli Mon 20 Feb - 11:25

Well I'm not surprised that I got my prediction wrong!

mystiroakey wrote:i wouldnt call it unpredictable.

the test series winner in recent time(whoever it is) seems to allways fail in the following odi's.

a big reason why england were/are no.1 test and dropped to 6th in odi's

when there is no way england are/should be that bad!

its mentality(losing test team- nothing to loose), its the switch of the format(it seems to confuse the test winning team- how to pace innings) it happens over and over again.

tests are the big deal and should allways end the series, then i cant see this patern keep happening

So considering there will be 3 Twenty20 games - in other words another format change - what would be your prediction for that series result?

BuLioli

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 20 Feb - 16:12

england will clean up, the 20/20's are abit of fun, but england have the bit between the teeth- however i wouldnt be surprised at all if pakistain clean up either, based on a change of format switch in mentality!!

if KP is back that could be all thats needed, as long as finn,swann and broad do the biz- i cant see much hope for pakistan

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 20 Feb - 16:56

I also went for 3-1, corporal.

T20's it is hard to say, it really does just come down to a bit of luck or one excellent innings here and there to decide a T20. Gun to head? 2-1 Pakistan.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Mon 20 Feb - 17:30

Fists of Fury wrote:I also went for 3-1, corporal.

T20's it is hard to say, it really does just come down to a bit of luck or one excellent innings here and there to decide a T20. Gun to head? 2-1 Pakistan.

2-1 England for me. England are a very good T20 side in my view.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 20 Feb - 17:33

3-0 england for me- but wouldnt be suprised with any result

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down