The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The disgrace known as Wayne Rooney!!

+18
TopHat24/7
Diggers
lorus59
dondelero
mystiroakey
dublfcynwa
hampo17
Small Time
Josiah Maiestas
ReallyReal
braveheart101
Ent
johnson2
Dr Gregory House MD
two_tone
Imperial Ghosty
Kay Fabe
TRUSSMAN66
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The disgrace known as Wayne Rooney!! - Page 2 Empty The disgrace known as Wayne Rooney!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 12 Feb 2012, 9:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

He's always swearing at officials.....Always the first to try and get someone booked and after saying he thought diving was a disgrace got caught the same week throwing himself in the box... last year!!!!..elbowing wigan players.....

Nasty little Man...who is the Rollo Tomasi of football...

Time the referees got tough with this guy.......Great player or not If a guy like Drogba behaved like him...he'd be in the book every week..

For me he is a disgrace......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

The disgrace known as Wayne Rooney!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The disgrace known as Wayne Rooney!!

Post by lorus59 Wed 15 Feb 2012, 2:22 pm

ReallyReal wrote:
Small Time wrote:
So you've never done anything in bad taste? You've never taken the mick? Cause according to some it makes you scum Erm

Why does anyone care what any footballer does in his private life? They are footballers not roll models. Ryan Giggs has an affair with his brothers wife, so what, I don't know the bloke and he hasn't broken any law, John Terry sleeps with his team mates girlfriend, again, what business is it of mine? Steven Gerrard impregnates his wifes 16 year old sister, I care not a jot.......because it's got nothing to do with me. Would I like to play football as well as these blokes? Yes, do I use them as the moral compass on how I should run my life? No, because they kick a ball round for a living.
You sir are an utter disgrace, I've used the word 'disgrace', because every more fitting word to describe your comments would probably see me banned.
Firstly, you claim that whatever a man does doesn't matter, as long as he's playing football well, that's the most vile attitude to life I've ever heard.
Secondly, you slander one of the players you've named, not just a mickey take, or something a little exaggerated either, but something that should see you in court, as no matter what wum rumours are circulating around the net, your comments are a lie and are very distressing to all involved.
Finally, go out and get yourself a 'moral compass', it may take you many years of searching before you find one strong enough to mask your faults, but clearly the one you currently live your life by is broken.

I am no lawyer but I believe slander is the spoken word and libel is the written word.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

The disgrace known as Wayne Rooney!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The disgrace known as Wayne Rooney!!

Post by ReallyReal Wed 15 Feb 2012, 2:28 pm

lorus59 wrote:
I am no lawyer but I believe slander is the spoken word and libel is the written word.
Oops, true enough and as it's written for all to see instead of just spoken, rarely with any record, it's even easier to prove wrongdoing in court.

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Wed 15 Feb 2012, 2:30 pm

ReallyReal wrote:
Small Time wrote:
ReallyReal wrote:@Small Time, there is a lot to disagree with in your last two posts, but there would be no point in doing so, as you clearly can't see that you've typed anything wrong, get some help please ASAP.

Get some help with what???????? I don't believe footballers should be treated as role models thusly I don't care what they do off the pitch.....what is there to disagree with??

You try and take the moral high ground yet haven't explained your argument whatsoever. Can't you see that there is more to life than worrying about what a footballer does or doesn't do in his private life?
I won't bother with the previous comments you made, maybe you'll spot your problems after my reply here?
Footballers, simply by being famous, on tv and in the media all the time, are role models to a lot of kids, they might not be the ideal choices, but what can we do except educate children properly?
You claim you, "don't care what they do off the pitch", yet you not only seem to know true things, you also know the utter BS that spreads so quickly around the internet, so you're either a hypocite, liar, or you just don't understand what you're saying?

Thats the point though......I have no interest in the gossip that surrounds players yet I'm still well versed in it because it's on Sky Sports news, a talking point before every game and then reported on in the news at 10 etc.

Are you saying that to be a top footballer nowadays talent isn't enough......you also have to be the boy next door?

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Wed 15 Feb 2012, 2:32 pm

ReallyReal wrote:
lorus59 wrote:
Oops, true enough and as it's written for all to see instead of just spoken, rarely with any record, it's even easier to prove wrongdoing in court.

Alright, so your a Liverpool fan.....I get it.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 15 Feb 2012, 2:38 pm

Id suggest that the problem here is with parents who let their kids grow up believing the likes of Terry, Rooney and Katie Prioce etc are suitable role models.
Cant really see how anybody could criticize anyone who isn't interested in the moral values of these people as their only crime is recognising they arent worth taking a blind bit of notice of.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Wed 15 Feb 2012, 2:49 pm

Diggers wrote:Id suggest that the problem here is with parents who let their kids grow up believing the likes of Terry, Rooney and Katie Prioce etc are suitable role models.
Cant really see how anybody could criticize anyone who isn't interested in the moral values of these people as their only crime is recognising they arent worth taking a blind bit of notice of.

Thank you, someone else gets it.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 15 Feb 2012, 2:52 pm

Small Time wrote:
Diggers wrote:Id suggest that the problem here is with parents who let their kids grow up believing the likes of Terry, Rooney and Katie Prioce etc are suitable role models.

Football fans don't help either, as this thread demonstrates. All too happy to get stuck into Rooney but make a remark about a player of their club and they wet themselves.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Wed 15 Feb 2012, 2:52 pm

Small Time wrote:I have no interest in the gossip that surrounds players yet I'm still well versed in it because it's on Sky Sports news, a talking point before every game and then reported on in the news at 10 etc.

Are you saying that to be a top footballer nowadays talent isn't enough......you also have to be the boy next door?
Apathetic people don't tend to go round telling the whole world how little they care about something, do they? Rolling Eyes

...and NO, I dislike Liverpool as much as ManUtd and every other team that sees themselves as having a right to success.

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 15 Feb 2012, 3:00 pm

Small Time wrote:

Its hardly a difficlut concept, not quite sure why anyone would struggle with it. Its not about being morally apathetic, its about choosing what moral standards/individuals you use as a benchmark to educate your child by or indeed yourself.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 15 Feb 2012, 3:01 pm

dondelero wrote:
ReallyReal wrote:@Small Time, there is a lot to disagree with in your last two posts, but there would be no point in doing so, as you clearly can't see that you've typed anything wrong, get some help please ASAP.

In fairness to small time, apart from the Steven Gerrard thing. Small time is bang on. Who cares what they do in their private life? If they do anything illegal etc ,they will be dealt with by the proper authorities. You cannot expect footballers in general to have morals, unless they are religious.

ok i am definently on small times camp. I really dont care what people do in there private lifes, in all honesty they are a product of our society. The top footballers deserve massive respect for there abilities and there dedication on the pitch and in training. We dont have to like them, but its stupid to not respect them for what there are. We also have to excuse them sometimes because invariably they havent had a normal life, they have come from one thing into another, as good as the life they have, it brings withit issues. Can we really blame top footballers for cheating when 80% probally dont even know if there wifes love them for them, but just the money!!

But what is the religion comment all about donderlo- i am sure most footballers have a morale compass- and yes i include rooney and giggs- they just did/do wrong as we all do. YOU DO NOT NEED TO be religious to have a morale compass- 99% of us do, but we are all sinners at the same time(omg i am know talking religion myself).

I am not religious at all, however the bible is a pretty good story and there is loads of truths within!

what worries me about our country- we seem to fogive our foriegn players for being ignorant- the normall excuse is- well thats the way there have been brought up blah blah, thats the way it is in there country etcx etc.

however not as many people are so forgiving of our own players ignorance when we could use the exact same excuse as above.

our footballers are prodominantly from our working classes, remeber that. I honestly believe that footbalers are potrayed as role models and kids will copy what they do from time to time- they shouldnt be role models- that should be the job of schooling and parents- however it would be foolish to suggest that the rooneys of this world dont influenece kids, especially ones from the same background. As long as the majority of the influence is from the work ethic then its all good anyway!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Wed 15 Feb 2012, 3:16 pm

Small Time wrote:
ReallyReal wrote:
lorus59 wrote:

I am not a Liverpool fan at all. In fact they are the club I like the least in the EPL. (Man U are not far behind though)

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Wed 15 Feb 2012, 3:39 pm

lorus59 wrote:
Small Time wrote:
ReallyReal wrote:
lorus59 wrote:

I am not a Liverpool fan at all. In fact they are the club I like the least in the EPL. (Man U are not far behind though)

That was for Reallyreal fella not yourself.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Wed 15 Feb 2012, 5:09 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
dondelero wrote:

In fairness to small time, apart from the Steven Gerrard thing. Small time is bang on. Who cares what they do in their private life? If they do anything illegal etc ,they will be dealt with by the proper authorities. You cannot expect footballers in general to have morals, unless they are religious.

ok i am definently on small times camp. I really dont care what people do in there private lifes, in all honesty they are a product of our society. The top footballers deserve massive respect for there abilities and there dedication on the pitch and in training. We dont have to like them, but its stupid to not respect them for what there are. We also have to excuse them sometimes because invariably they havent had a normal life, they have come from one thing into another, as good as the life they have, it brings withit issues. Can we really blame top footballers for cheating when 80% probally dont even know if there wifes love them for them, but just the money!!

But what is the religion comment all about donderlo- i am sure most footballers have a morale compass- and yes i include rooney and giggs- they just did/do wrong as we all do. YOU DO NOT NEED TO be religious to have a morale compass- 99% of us do, but we are all sinners at the same time(omg i am know talking religion myself).

I am not religious at all, however the bible is a pretty good story and there is loads of truths within!

what worries me about our country- we seem to fogive our foriegn players for being ignorant- the normall excuse is- well thats the way there have been brought up blah blah, thats the way it is in there country etcx etc.

however not as many people are so forgiving of our own players ignorance when we could use the exact same excuse as above.

our footballers are prodominantly from our working classes, remeber that. I honestly believe that footbalers are potrayed as role models and kids will copy what they do from time to time- they shouldnt be role models- that should be the job of schooling and parents- however it would be foolish to suggest that the rooneys of this world dont influenece kids, especially ones from the same background. As long as the majority of the influence is from the work ethic then its all good anyway!

There's not much to disagree with here in fairness but in terms of moral compasses, you would have to admit that the compasses for footballers and other entertainers are a little faulty shall we say. Players have money thrown at them along with all the trappings, if they have nothing to guide them morally then they don't really have any moral standards to follow. If you are honest are you ever shocked when you hear that a footballer has cheated on his wife? It appears to come with the territory so to speak.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 15 Feb 2012, 5:21 pm

It doesnt come with the territory though, it just seems that way because of the high profile scenarios you read about. What about the 100's of footballers who are happily married and you dont read about....because there isn't anything salicious to read.
Actors are no different, trust me I work for a PR firm and know exactly what happens. The fact is that people dont seem to vent quite the same hatred towards a middle class actor who has a string of affairs compared to a footballer who the press know will get grief because of the tribal nature of football.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Wed 15 Feb 2012, 6:01 pm

But diggers in general you probably wouldn't read about some of these because they are probably not that successful. Most successful artists are high profile, and therefore get the attention and opportunities to misbehave which most do, whether it be drugs, infidelity etc.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 15 Feb 2012, 6:33 pm

Possibly, but for every high profile player you name who misbehaves I could name many more that don't. Or at least arent reported as doing so.
None of which alters the fact that the people who do from whatever sphere of life are not those we should expect our children to aspire to be like.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 15 Feb 2012, 6:50 pm

well dont they say that over half the people cheat. I know these facts shouldnt be rammed down kids throghts, sadly it is normally anyway by there own parents issues and mates that are in single families, or them that are or due to having brothers and sisters that resemble a bag of smarties!

In terms of agressive behaviour, if a kid is brought up in a way where aggresion isnt the norm- invariably they wont become aggresive, it really doesnt matter what they see on tv

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Wed 15 Feb 2012, 6:51 pm

Diggers wrote:Possibly, but for every high profile player you name who misbehaves I could name many more that don't. Or at least arent reported as doing so.
None of which alters the fact that the people who do from whatever sphere of life are not those we should expect our children to aspire to be like.

Fairynuff

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Feb 2012, 6:54 pm

Pathetic thread by what I'm assuming is a bitter scouser after they were beaten at the weekend. Can't believe it's caused this much debate when it was clear a wum post. I thought we'd left this sh!t behind us when the original 606 left

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 15 Feb 2012, 6:56 pm

The problem is everything the newspapers have reported on Rooney has been proven to be correct. It's easy to write about some of these idiotic footballers though as they don't have a great education and thus they do foolish things. Should be like the system in America where they have to go through further education before being allowed to earn the big cash that these players get fed.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 15 Feb 2012, 6:58 pm

Pathetic thread by what I'm assuming is a bitter scouser after they were beaten at the weekend.
This thread seems more about an English player getting preferential treatment than about Man United. Maybe you're being a bit paranoid? Smile
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 15 Feb 2012, 7:02 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:The problem is everything the newspapers have reported on Rooney has been proven to be correct. It's easy to write about some of these idiotic footballers though as they don't have a great education and thus they do foolish things. Should be like the system in America where they have to go through further education before being allowed to earn the big cash that these players get fed.

it would make alot of sense- however the prem competes against other leagues that would also have to follow the yanky 'uni' system!

footballers are looked at way before 16 and teams want them playing asap!

at 21 not playing day in day out for a club- you could have missed the gate

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 15 Feb 2012, 7:22 pm

Also top sports prospects in the US do very little academic work and are treated like royalty at their colleges where they will often surprisingly enough misbehave.
And it's not like athletes don't have issues in the States, drug use in baseball and gridiron for a start, a much bigger cheat culture than we have over here.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 15 Feb 2012, 7:41 pm

a much bigger cheat culture than we have over here.
I don't think our players in the PL/Championship are as clean as the FA makes out. Many of the players are built like gym freaks.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 15 Feb 2012, 7:47 pm

I am sure there is quite a few on the old recreational!, but there isnt to much that drugs can help you with when it comes to sports that require stamia and flexibility over raw strength.

If your upto prem level your body is gonna be primmed anyway, you have to keep so fit, none are the muscle bound types

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Thu 16 Feb 2012, 10:32 am

He's a filthy dog and a vile chav. Anyone that asks a fan down to the training ground for a fight on twitter is a total scumbag. He is also a granny shagger Laugh
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 16 Feb 2012, 3:20 pm

gazzyD wrote:Pathetic thread by what I'm assuming is a bitter scouser after they were beaten at the weekend. Can't believe it's caused this much debate when it was clear a wum post. I thought we'd left this sh!t behind us when the original 606 left

He's a Citeh fan and this thread was born out of Kompany getting sent off against United and Mancini running up and down the touchline waving for a card in another incident.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by sparky marky Fri 24 Feb 2012, 3:01 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Not blinkered Truss but I don't let the media sway my opinion, Terry is by far the worst in this league and in europe it's seen as a part of the game to take it all to the extreme.

Absolutely right! Terry is a revolting individual. Disliked by fellow players and fans alike.

Truss, i'm not sure why you've picked on Rooney as the worst culprit. You mention Drogba, he's another clown. Forever throwing himself to the floor feigning injury, he's also very quick to wave the imaginary card around. Not wishing to start an argument, but have you any evidence to back this statement up? I'm pretty sure Opta doesn't stretch to swearing and diving Smile

sparky marky

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 24 Feb 2012, 5:27 pm

drogbas not english or a man u player(dependant on his personal loyalties i suggest) so why would he use him as an example. surely the worst is tevez anyway!!!

not that bothered about having a pop at any player really when it comes to there personal life- however what tevez got into is worthy of having a pop- because he disrepects the game

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Sat 25 Feb 2012, 1:19 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:The first to moan about Mancini on his moronic tweet...but he got kompany sent off...he spends 90 minutes every game swearing at officials...

"he spends 90 minutes every game swearing at officials" - TRUSSMAN66

Are you just overreacting or can you back-up this claim ?
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Tue 28 Feb 2012, 3:07 pm

Lets all sit back and look at the real parasite of football that is Luis Suarez (absolute disgrace to football worldwide)

Rooney is GOD in comparison, as is every human in the world.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Feb 2012, 3:13 pm

i hate rooney and suarez!

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Tue 28 Feb 2012, 3:22 pm

Agree with the original poster, he is a scumbag

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2