The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frank Maloney gives his views on Chisora and Haye

+6
Fists of Fury
Steffan
Mind the windows Tino.
School Project
Rowley
Adam D
10 posters

Go down

Frank Maloney gives his views on Chisora and Haye Empty Frank Maloney gives his views on Chisora and Haye

Post by Adam D Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:51 pm

Hi all,

Following on from the events of Del Boy and the Hayemaker, I caught up with Frank Maloney at lunch time to ask for his views.

A big thanks to Frank and his team, and should any of you be in the area, Frank has a card on in Aberdeen this weekend - full details here - http://www.frankmaloney.com/index.php/boxers/schedules.html

To watch the interview: http://v2journal.com/frank-maloney-on-chisora.html

If you have any questions for Frank for the next interview, please post them below.

Let me know what you think!

A

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Frank Maloney gives his views on Chisora and Haye Empty Re: Frank Maloney gives his views on Chisora and Haye

Post by Rowley Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:52 pm

Cheers for this Adam and thanks again to Maloney for agreeing to do this, will watch this when I get home

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Frank Maloney gives his views on Chisora and Haye Empty Re: Frank Maloney gives his views on Chisora and Haye

Post by School Project Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:54 pm

Adam, remember the question about contracts that someone was asking on another thread!

I'm sure you could find it.

Could you ask him where his Union Flag suit has gone for me though?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:09 pm

If, in Frank's opinion, Haye and Chisora should receive lifetime bans, does this make the HW scene any more competitive?

As dreadful a situation as we find ourselves in, it appears that Haye and Chisora are the only two HW generating any sort of interest/controversy at the moment so how does it serve the best interests of the sport to remove the two people making the most headlines (albeit for the wrong reasons)

Are we destined to sit through another tilt at the belts by the recently un-retired Ruslan Chagaev?

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:10 pm

Its interesting that Frank said he would put David Price in with Vitali tomorrow and that he thinks that Vit is past his sell by date.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:13 pm

DAVE667 wrote:If, in Frank's opinion, Haye and Chisora should receive lifetime bans, does this make the HW scene any more competitive?

As dreadful a situation as we find ourselves in, it appears that Haye and Chisora are the only two HW generating any sort of interest/controversy at the moment so how does it serve the best interests of the sport to remove the two people making the most headlines (albeit for the wrong reasons)

I would guess Dave it would send the message to other fighters that this sort of behaviour would not and will not be tolerated and would also send the message to the world outside of boxing that the sport is not the moral cesspit of professional sport and is not afraid to hit itself in the pocket to send that message out loud and clear. Not holding my breath though

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:15 pm

I'd wager Boxing gets it's house in order right after professional Football, Athletics and Cycling

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:15 pm

When are we expecting to see the answers from the questions posed to David Price?

This is more aimed at you, Adam, not Frank as that would be a terribly boring question to ask a boxing promoter.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:15 pm

rowley wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:If, in Frank's opinion, Haye and Chisora should receive lifetime bans, does this make the HW scene any more competitive?

I would guess Dave it would send the message to other fighters that this sort of behaviour would not and will not be tolerated and would also send the message to the world outside of boxing that the sport is not the moral cesspit of professional sport and is not afraid to hit itself in the pocket to send that message out loud and clear. Not holding my breath though

Thats exactly what he was getting at. Make an example of them. Funnily, he touched upon the very discussion we are having on here (whether its good or bad for the sport)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:18 pm

Its great for the sport. I dont really see how anyone can say its not good for boxing

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:20 pm

Thought Frank said the K's were good fighters but were bad for the sport with their insistence on making the HW titles part of "K Bros Inc".

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:22 pm

In terms of publicity I think it has gone down a treat.

At work today everyone is talking about it, even non-boxing fans, and they all think it is funny - nobody has said it is a disgrace that makes them never want to watch boxing again.

It is all about entertainment, and like it or not a brawl is entertaining. I'd much rather see that than see Ali call Frazier all kinds of names etc, in my view the name calling/racist undertones etc are far worse and damage the sport to a greater extent. Let them brawl, now let them fight in the ring: I guarantee shedloads will watch it and boxing will be all the better for it.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:34 pm

People need to realise that the public want entertainment. Look at WWE. We all know its totally fake but sometimes I watch it with my nephew and fair do some of the badmouthing followed by some guy throwing another guy off a steel cage is great entertainment. Thats why WWE is worth so much

Floyd and Manny not fighting and dodgy decisions are far worse than 2 guys who train to punch someones head in for a living having a bit of fistycuffs at a confrence or weigh in. Im not saying this should happen every week but it is part of the sport to an extent and certainly gets people tuning in not tuning off

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:43 pm

Steffan, completely agree with the opening of your second paragraph.

A proliferation of belts and a reluctancy amongst top fighters to share the ring with each other is what truly hurts the sport, not a brawl at a presser.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:26 pm

Well said guys.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:29 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:In terms of publicity I think it has gone down a treat.

At work today everyone is talking about it, even non-boxing fans, and they all think it is funny - nobody has said it is a disgrace that makes them never want to watch boxing again.

It is all about entertainment, and like it or not a brawl is entertaining. I'd much rather see that than see Ali call Frazier all kinds of names etc, in my view the name calling/racist undertones etc are far worse and damage the sport to a greater extent. Let them brawl, now let them fight in the ring: I guarantee shedloads will watch it and boxing will be all the better for it.

Totally agree, the use of the phrase 'Uncle Tom' is more disgraceful than anything that happened this weekend.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:32 pm

Lets be fair its generated more interest in british boxing from the non boxing fan than in many a year,wrong it might be but people love a bit of controversy.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:35 pm

The non boxing fan was telling me the other month that it was absolutely shocking that Khan got robbed, they of course got this opinion by reading the paper and not from what they witnessed.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:13 pm

Frank Maloney is just bitter he couldn't make money out of Haye during his big payday's as he was no longer his promoter.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:14 pm

Hmmmm I was just writing a reflection and summary of the key points of the Frank Maloney video when the screen refreshed itself automatically and I lost all my efforts Sad

So I'll just say thanks to Adam for setting this up and interesting!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down