The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England squad to play Holland

+22
monty junior
eirebilly
mystiroakey
Josiah Maiestas
lorus59
Mehrts is god
cherriesfna
steven24
Good Golly I'm Olly
Alessandro Ciambella
GG
Geordie
Luke
Crimey
TopHat24/7
hampo17
westisbest
Beer
liverbnz
marty2086
Norfolk and Good
Kenny
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty England squad to play Holland

Post by Kenny Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 11:46

England squad

Goalkeepers: Scott Carson (Bursaspor), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Robert Green (West Ham United)

Defenders: Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Leighton Baines (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Micah Richards (Manchester City), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Scott Parker (Tottenham Hotspur), Ashley Young (Manchester United), Theo Walcott (Arsenal)

Forwards: Darren Bent (Aston Villa), Fraizer Campbell (Sunderland), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United)


Having indicated that it would be a young squad and that senior players wouldn't be picked im a little disappointed and i really dont understand why Rooney has been picked we should be looking for strikers for the opening 2 euro championship games which Rooney is banned for .
Kenny
Kenny
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 42528
Join date : 2011-05-29
Age : 52
Location : In a corner of my mind

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Norfolk and Good Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 11:55

Does Stewart Downing have the photographs? He must be blackmailing somebody.

How on earth does he keep being selected?

Norfolk and Good

Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-05-30
Location : SW London

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by marty2086 Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 12:34

Norfolk and Good wrote:Does Stewart Downing have the photographs? He must be blackmailing somebody.

How on earth does he keep being selected?

Norfolk I was just about to ask if squad sheets just automatically print with his and Walcotts names because they arent picked on form

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 36
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by liverbnz Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 12:38

Defoe injured? I'm not his biggest fan but surely he deserves a call-up more than Campbell who is only back from long-term injury.

liverbnz

Posts : 2958
Join date : 2011-03-07
Age : 38
Location : Newcastle, County Down

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Beer Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 12:43

Campbell, Walcott, Downing, Cleverly, Rooney?

Jesus.

Beer

Posts : 14543
Join date : 2011-06-21
Age : 37
Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by westisbest Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 12:48

Now jesus aint a bad player.

westisbest

Posts : 7815
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 12:51

Seriously this is embarassing!

Walcott & Sturridge are shocking, they have no footballing brain between them and are so poor in the final third it's astonishing. The way Sturridge continues to do tricks and lose the ball has gone beyond a joke. How Pearce has picked Downing just emphasises why we need a full time manager ASAP. What is the point of picking Fraizer Campbell? Everybody knows come the Euro's he won't be anywhere near the squad, appaling decision, this is the same Campbell who Man Utd & Spurs got rid of. Welbeck will never be a natural finisher and his composure is dreadful in one-on-one situations, he will never be a 20 goal a season striker.....never! On a positive, thank god Micah Richards has finally been picked!

This is a bad squad, I understand we've dropped some experienced players but lets face it, England have a weak squad and youth players compared to Spain & Germany.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Beer Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 12:54

Chamberlain, Carroll are 2 glaring omissions.

Beer

Posts : 14543
Join date : 2011-06-21
Age : 37
Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by hampo17 Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 13:00

Was about to say that beer, I understand that Carroll has had a poor season but his last few games he's looked back to his old self, much better than Campbell who has been injured for god knows how long. Chamberlain should have easily gotten in there as well, should take Walcotts place.


hampo17
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9108
Join date : 2011-02-24
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 13:22

Carroll?? Shocked laughing

Not saying I wasn't a fan of his, but you can't pick and striker that isn't scoring goals!!

I think Pearce's reasoning for not taking Chamberlain is sound also, just a bit too green and will benefit more from a full game with the U21s. That said, I think he is the future and the quicker he deposes Walcott the better.

Can't agree with John on Sturridge though, he was tearing it up for most of the season only to come off the ball since Xmas. Then, for all the criticism's levelled at the other striker's picked - no sensible suggestion of an alternative.

Agree the general sentiment on Downing, how that talentless waste of space keeps getting picked God only knows.

From that squad I'd go with:

Hart
Walker Jones Smalling Baines (Cole just misses out because I'm thinking future, as with Cahill as I think Jones/Smalling is exactly that)
Johnson Parker Cleverly Young (not happy with right midfield as he doesn't play enough but can't bare to play Walcott)
Rooney Welbeck (Welbeck just nudging out Sturridge as he plays regularly with Rooney and isn't so one-footed)

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 38
Location : London

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Crimey Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 13:28

Not saying I wasn't a fan of his, but you can't pick and striker that isn't scoring goals!!

Carroll has scored just as many as Campbell in the last five games as far as I am aware.

I am surprised Downing is in there as I wouldn't have picked him, but completely unsurprised that Richards has been brought into the squad, and would have thought he is now first choice right back. I am surprised that there are so many fullbacks in the squad, even Jones and Smalling have played at right back.

I think it'll be odd if Rooney does start, as surely this would be perfect preparation for the games without him, as we haven't had that yet. We've been playing with Rooney for the past few years, so he doesn't need the same preparation.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16490
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 28
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by liverbnz Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 13:32

I think people are going way over the top on Downing here. Capello picked him, Dalglish picks and correct me if I'm wrong Martin O'Neill bought him for Villa. That's 3 coaches who have domestic and European trophies coming out of their ears. His form for Liverpool hasn't been up to his Aston Villa standards (which I assume you all know considering your wonderful informed opinions) but he has been nowhere near as bad as people are making out. The alternatives for the position he plays are hardly standing out like a sore thumb either.

liverbnz

Posts : 2958
Join date : 2011-03-07
Age : 38
Location : Newcastle, County Down

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Luke Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 13:38

I'm don't understand why out of 8 defenders 5 are full backs.
Dowing, Walcott Campbell Young i agree should be no where near the squad. Also why is Cahill in, since he's moved he's hardly played and Lescott's form is good.
But to be honest, it's pretty much the squad i expected. Same faces always there, to scared to give new players a chance.
Also i heard the reason Pearce didn't pick Chamberlain is because he felt he hadn't played enough games, and Campbells played every game then Stuart?
Luke
Luke

Posts : 4803
Join date : 2011-03-16
Location : Wst Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Geordie Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 13:45

TopHat24/7 wrote:Carroll?? Shocked laughing

Not saying I wasn't a fan of his, but you can't pick and striker that isn't scoring goals!!

I think Pearce's reasoning for not taking Chamberlain is sound also, just a bit too green and will benefit more from a full game with the U21s. That said, I think he is the future and the quicker he deposes Walcott the better.

Can't agree with John on Sturridge though, he was tearing it up for most of the season only to come off the ball since Xmas. Then, for all the criticism's levelled at the other striker's picked - no sensible suggestion of an alternative.

Agree the general sentiment on Downing, how that talentless waste of space keeps getting picked God only knows.

From that squad I'd go with:

Hart
Walker Jones Smalling Baines (Cole just misses out because I'm thinking future, as with Cahill as I think Jones/Smalling is exactly that)
Johnson Parker Cleverly Young (not happy with right midfield as he doesn't play enough but can't bare to play Walcott)
Rooney Welbeck (Welbeck just nudging out Sturridge as he plays regularly with Rooney and isn't so one-footed)

Hes FAR FAR better than Walcott though....

Geordie

Posts : 26090
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 13:49

tigerrobins wrote:I'm don't understand why out of 8 defenders 5 are full backs.
Dowing, Walcott Campbell Young i agree should be no where near the squad. Also why is Cahill in, since he's moved he's hardly played and Lescott's form is good.
But to be honest, it's pretty much the squad i expected. Same faces always there, to scared to give new players a chance.
Also i heard the reason Pearce didn't pick Chamberlain is because he felt he hadn't played enough games, and Campbells played every game then Stuart?

Any reasoning behind that? Can't think of many better English wingers....

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 38
Location : London

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 13:50

GeordieFalcon wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Carroll?? Shocked laughing

Not saying I wasn't a fan of his, but you can't pick and striker that isn't scoring goals!!

I think Pearce's reasoning for not taking Chamberlain is sound also, just a bit too green and will benefit more from a full game with the U21s. That said, I think he is the future and the quicker he deposes Walcott the better.

Can't agree with John on Sturridge though, he was tearing it up for most of the season only to come off the ball since Xmas. Then, for all the criticism's levelled at the other striker's picked - no sensible suggestion of an alternative.

Agree the general sentiment on Downing, how that talentless waste of space keeps getting picked God only knows.

From that squad I'd go with:

Hart
Walker Jones Smalling Baines (Cole just misses out because I'm thinking future, as with Cahill as I think Jones/Smalling is exactly that)
Johnson Parker Cleverly Young (not happy with right midfield as he doesn't play enough but can't bare to play Walcott)
Rooney Welbeck (Welbeck just nudging out Sturridge as he plays regularly with Rooney and isn't so one-footed)

Hes FAR FAR better than Walcott though....

I think he's showed that he definitely will be, but right now I'd rather he got more experience under his belt. He's not devastating enough to rush into a full squad with a view to a big tourny (like Owen in '98 for example).

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 38
Location : London

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Crimey Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 13:54

I would have preferred to see Dawson and Lescott and Jagielka as the centre-back options, all experienced, all in good form. Gary Cahill has been awful until his move to Chelsea, and since then as hardly played. He's dreadful, he's made less tackles per game than Nani and Suarez this year and his passing rate is actually really bad for a supposed ball-playing centre back.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16490
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 28
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by liverbnz Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 14:05

Crimey wrote:I would have preferred to see Dawson and Lescott and Jagielka as the centre-back options, all experienced, all in good form. Gary Cahill has been awful until his move to Chelsea, and since then as hardly played. He's dreadful, he's made less tackles per game than Nani and Suarez this year and his passing rate is actually really bad for a supposed ball-playing centre back.

Just shows the effort he was putting in for Bolton in his last 6 months. They should have ditched him in the summer.

liverbnz

Posts : 2958
Join date : 2011-03-07
Age : 38
Location : Newcastle, County Down

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by GG Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 14:38

Walcott, Downing and no Oxlade Doh


GG

Posts : 1878
Join date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 14:41

im glad sturridge is in the squad.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 14:53

Where is Eagles? Chris Eagles is on the shortlist for PFA Player of the Year 2012. Why is he not picked again for the England Squad? He has been Boltons best player this year.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Posts : 577
Join date : 2011-04-20
Location : Monza

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Beer Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 14:59

Marc Davies of Bolton has also had a fantastic season.

Beer

Posts : 14543
Join date : 2011-06-21
Age : 37
Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Luke Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 15:00

TopHat24/7 wrote:
tigerrobins wrote:I'm don't understand why out of 8 defenders 5 are full backs.
Dowing, Walcott Campbell Young i agree should be no where near the squad. Also why is Cahill in, since he's moved he's hardly played and Lescott's form is good.
But to be honest, it's pretty much the squad i expected. Same faces always there, to scared to give new players a chance.
Also i heard the reason Pearce didn't pick Chamberlain is because he felt he hadn't played enough games, and Campbells played every game then Stuart?

Any reasoning behind that? Can't think of many better English wingers....

I agree that on his day he a great winger. I just think this season his forms dropped, injuries have of course not helped. And that a rest would suit him more, he's going to the euros anyway so this was a chance to give someone else a game. Which would have benefited all party's in my opinion.
Luke
Luke

Posts : 4803
Join date : 2011-03-16
Location : Wst Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Kenny Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 15:26

Andy Carroll should of been picked on his improving form and because he offers a different type of play , and thats not me thinking as a Liverpool fan as personally i would rather none of our players were playing in a pointless friendly risking injury .

Like i said in the origanal post why pick Rooney ? his place at the euros dispite missing the open 2 games is gauranteed , so why not look at who will play in those 2 games ?
Kenny
Kenny
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 42528
Join date : 2011-05-29
Age : 52
Location : In a corner of my mind

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Beer Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 16:02

I despise the long haired gypo but since Gerrard has returned he's looked a different class compared to before, hes looking like the player we sold and should definitely play.

Beer

Posts : 14543
Join date : 2011-06-21
Age : 37
Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 16:37

If Carroll is going to do anything then he needs good service - which means playing Ashley Young on the left and someone with better final ball than Walcott on the right, Johnson maybe?

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 38
Location : London

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 18:51

How is Robert Green and Scott Carson picked ahead of John Ruddy?????

Also Fraizer Campbell?? I'd rather have Grant Holt or Danny Graham who have beens scroing goals regularly this season
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Posts : 50248
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 27
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 18:53

cos green is a class keeper, who only made one mistake and thats all he remebered for...

he's a very good keeper.....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 18:55

Carson then????? Green is good but he is coming to the twilight of his career. I like him, he is a former canary Very Happy
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Posts : 50248
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 27
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 18:59

maybe ruddy ahead of carson on current form...but there is a few suprises in that squad

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by steven24 Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 19:12

Norfolk and Good wrote:Does Stewart Downing have the photographs? He must be blackmailing somebody.

How on earth does he keep being selected?

He is utter garbage, very, very overrated player, has nothing in his locker besides the odd cross.

steven24

Posts : 120
Join date : 2012-02-18
Age : 36
Location : Middlesbrough

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by cherriesfna Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 0:13

no matt tubbs, what is this?!??!?!?
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Posts : 7056
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 27
Location : Between Bournemouth and Hayling

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Mehrts is god Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 3:31

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:England squad

Goalkeepers: Scott Carson (Bursaspor), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Robert Green (West Ham United)

Defenders: Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Leighton Baines (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Micah Richards (Manchester City), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Scott Parker (Tottenham Hotspur), Ashley Young (Manchester United), Theo Walcott (Arsenal)

Forwards: Darren Bent (Aston Villa), Fraizer Campbell (Sunderland), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United)


Having indicated that it would be a young squad and that senior players wouldn't be picked im a little disappointed and i really dont understand why Rooney has been picked we should be looking for strikers for the opening 2 euro championship games which Rooney is banned for .

No Lampard-ABOUT TIME!!!But why is Ashley Cole still there,he is playing like a big girls blouse.

Mehrts is god

Posts : 67
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 72
Location : Auckland,New Zealand

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by liverbnz Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 8:20

Danny Graham (top scoring englishman in the PL this season bar Rooney), Scott Sinclair, Nathan Dyer, Leon Britton and John Ruddy should be there instead of Frazier Campbell, Stewart Downing, Theo Walcott, Tom Cleverly and Robert Green it could be argued. But I guess they aren't 'headline' players. Netherlands have called up Vorm due to his form, I'm not quite sure why England are picking players out of form/just back from injury/have done very little in their careers to deserve a call-up anyway.

liverbnz

Posts : 2958
Join date : 2011-03-07
Age : 38
Location : Newcastle, County Down

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Kenny Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 9:46

How many of the squad selected would make it into Hollands starting 11 ?
And be honest
Kenny
Kenny
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 42528
Join date : 2011-05-29
Age : 52
Location : In a corner of my mind

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 11:09

Rooney? Unless they only play 1-up, in which case I'd prefer RVP.

And Joe Hart in goal definitely.

After that I can only think of Jones that I'd take for the bench, not for the starting XI.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 38
Location : London

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by steven24 Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 14:00

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:How many of the squad selected would make it into Hollands starting 11 ?
And be honest

Micah Richards, Wayne Rooney, Ashley Cole, Steven Gerrard, Joe Hart, and that's just off the top of my head

steven24

Posts : 120
Join date : 2012-02-18
Age : 36
Location : Middlesbrough

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by lorus59 Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 14:24

Steven did you forget to take your medication today?

lorus59

Posts : 997
Join date : 2011-07-14
Location : Thailand

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 14:53

steven24 wrote:
KingKenny7Heaven wrote:How many of the squad selected would make it into Hollands starting 11 ?
And be honest

Micah Richards, Wayne Rooney, Ashley Cole, Steven Gerrard, Joe Hart, and that's just off the top of my head

Gerrard definately couldn't get in their midfield. Cole has been in poor form but Richards stands a chance.

In the world cup final they played 1-up front, so Rooney probably wouldn't get in either.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 38
Location : London

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 15:55

I can only guess Walcott and Downing are willing to play for England with no appearance fee, and decent talents like Albrighton and Etherington are not too desperate to play intn'l football at the moment... Rolling Eyes
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Posts : 6700
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33
Location : Towel Island

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Kenny Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 16:07

For me only Joe Hart would get in Hollands team , Rooney also if they played 2 up front but they dont usually they normally go 1 up front and in that case i would rather have RVP .
Kenny
Kenny
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 42528
Join date : 2011-05-29
Age : 52
Location : In a corner of my mind

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 16:21

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:For me only Joe Hart would get in Hollands team , Rooney also if they played 2 up front but they dont usually they normally go 1 up front and in that case i would rather have RVP .

thumbsup

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 38
Location : London

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Guest Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 16:30

TopHat24/7 wrote:
KingKenny7Heaven wrote:For me only Joe Hart would get in Hollands team , Rooney also if they played 2 up front but they dont usually they normally go 1 up front and in that case i would rather have RVP .

thumbsup


OK i very much agree with that as well.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Crimey Mon 27 Feb 2012 - 7:03

Rooney, Cleverly and Bent all out. I hope that doesn't mean that Campbell is actually going to play.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16490
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 28
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2012 - 10:33

Seriously this is annoying me now! Walcott is appaling. His first half and majority of his second half performance was shocking, he had the touch of a ****** and the decision making and passing ability of a *******.

Now thanks to a complete one-off performance in about 18 months, we are now going to have to put up with Walcott in the England team again. Did you see when the Sky cameras panned to Stuart Pearce straight after Walcott's goals.....ridiculous! Did you see how bad Walcotts touch was for his first goal.......absolutely abysmal, was so lucky! Walcott will never be international standard.....Never!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2012 - 10:41

walker has now withdrawn from the squad as well.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2012 - 11:10

Despite the England squad I just cant see past a Holland whitewash.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 27 Feb 2012 - 13:45

John wrote:Seriously this is annoying me now! Walcott is appaling. His first half and majority of his second half performance was shocking, he had the touch of a ****** and the decision making and passing ability of a *******.

Now thanks to a complete one-off performance in about 18 months, we are now going to have to put up with Walcott in the England team again. Did you see when the Sky cameras panned to Stuart Pearce straight after Walcott's goals.....ridiculous! Did you see how bad Walcotts touch was for his first goal.......absolutely abysmal, was so lucky! Walcott will never be international standard.....Never!

HAHA his touch was so bad for the first goal! Practically fell over the ball and just got a ridiculous good bobble off his knee-cap perfectly into his path.

It's a bit like the Croatia hat-trick, one headline grabbing preformance and he'll be protected from being dropped for months if not years!

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 38
Location : London

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Crimey Mon 27 Feb 2012 - 16:50

Are England not allowed to bring in replacements for the injured players?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16490
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 28
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 27 Feb 2012 - 16:51

Grant Holt and Danny Graham for Bent and Rooney surely
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Posts : 50248
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 27
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

England squad to play Holland  Empty Re: England squad to play Holland

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum