The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My England team vs Holland

3 posters

Go down

My England team vs Holland Empty My England team vs Holland

Post by Liam Wed 29 Feb 2012, 11:57 am

GK. Hart-1st choice keeper
RB-Richards-Has a point to prove and with Johnson and Walker ahead of him needs this game against a leading nation to show what he can do
CB-Jones-Been played everywhere for club and country, needs to play his favoured position to show what he can do post Terry
CB-Smalling-Played together there for United and a partnership the surely is the future for club and country
LB-Baines-Needs to show what he can do with Cole coming to the end of his career

CDM-Barry-Solid for England and City, pressure on him going into the Euro's
RCM-Gerrard-Give him 60 mins back of international football after being away for almost 2 years
LCM-Parker (C)-Possible the captain for the Euro's also, nailed down starter

RW-Sturridge-Fine form for Chelsea this season, needs game time going into Euro's
ST-Welbeck-Between him and strurridge to start in place of Rooney
LW-Johnson-I know he plays on the right but his pace and good left foot can prove problems and needs to show the selectors what he's capable of with him not playing much for City.

Liam

Back to top Go down

My England team vs Holland Empty Re: My England team vs Holland

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 29 Feb 2012, 12:15 pm

Like your defence, until a better LB comes through that could easily be the England back five for another 5 years or more - a consistency and trust in youth I'd like to see.

Midfield is cack - but looking again at the squad available I don't think you could do much better. Personally I wouldn't have Barry or Gerrard near the side, not even on the bench. Parker does a job and, whilst he's no Hargreaves, his ability to break up the play and release the rest of the midfield to be creative is a useful quality (worked well for Spurs with Modric etc in front of him).

I'm a big fan of Johnson but he just hasn't had the minutes so, given the paucity of striking options available, I'd rather put Young in instead who'll provide better service than AJ and will do a better job making up for the lack of midfield creativity provided by the turgid trio of Barry, Gerrard and Parker.

PS: Hart for Captain, hands down.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 29 Feb 2012, 1:31 pm

Not sure how you can't have Gerrard in the England side, has been a consistently good performer for the last 3 or 4 years, yes he's had his injuries but he's one player you can guarantee will come up with the goods when it's needed, he's done it time and time again for England and Liverpool.

You can't play Barry and Parker in the same team, makes us too defensive. Someone like Wilshire when fit would come in for Barry, or even Milner, while not the best he's a box to box midfielder with a top engine.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 29 Feb 2012, 3:00 pm

Gerrard hasn't been consistent for at LEAST 3 to 4 years and has NEVER performed for England as he did for Liverpool in his prime.

He's a spent force now and the future of England shouldn't be tainted by myopic sentimentality.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down