The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danny Care : Making Craig Gower look sober

+18
HERSH
ScarletSpiderman
Submachine
gowales
MrsP
Cari
B91212
EnglishReign
Cymroglan
LondonTiger
doctor_grey
Barney McGrew did it
dogtooth
R!skysports
ChequeredJersey
doctornickolas
Taffineastbourne
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
22 posters

Go down

Danny Care : Making Craig Gower look sober Empty Danny Care : Making Craig Gower look sober

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 05 Mar 2012, 8:10 am

http://www.espnscrum.com/premiership-2011-12/rugby/story/160623.html

Cautioned again

Bit unlucky this time to be fair, but at the same time professional athelete, why the need to go out drinking all the time? Having a wee wee in public is something weve all done ( and Ive sen an ex england player walking down the street having one out the front of his trousers before), but really after everything will he ever learn? Maybe next time get Andy Powell to drive him home?
Small bladder small mind?

It wont do him any favours for a recall thats for sure. The guy is a prime muppet.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Danny Care : Making Craig Gower look sober Empty Re: Danny Care : Making Craig Gower look sober

Post by Taffineastbourne Mon 05 Mar 2012, 9:17 am

Makes our Gavin look like Brain of Britain!The guy appears to have some problems.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Danny Care : Making Craig Gower look sober Empty Re: Danny Care : Making Craig Gower look sober

Post by doctornickolas Mon 05 Mar 2012, 9:26 am

Couldn't he find anywhere a bit more discreet than the steps of a hotel?

RedWine

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 05 Mar 2012, 10:37 am

Why is he such an idiot? Sad
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Mon 05 Mar 2012, 12:37 pm

It looks like he may have a problem. This is 3 drink related charges in recent times. He must know that he is in the spot light, and is threatening his career.

Does he need help?

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Mon 05 Mar 2012, 1:10 pm

do say-care to have a drink

dont say-have one on me
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Mon 05 Mar 2012, 1:46 pm

Danny’s just taking the urine now. Says he has a small bladder. Looks like he’s got poor eyesight as well. Couldn’t he find a darkened corner somewhere where he’s not being spied on.

Mind you, this is a place we’ve all been (especially those with heroic prostates). Society needs to be a little more sympathetic to the prostatic drinking micro-bladdered male – apparently a male may urinate in public, so long as it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle, and his right hand is on the vehicle. I guess the taxi-driver just didn’t fancy it.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Mon 05 Mar 2012, 2:35 pm

To me, at this point, its clear Danny care has a problem. It might or might not be a drinking problem, but it certainly is a common sense problem.

Being cautioned twice, being left off the England 6 nations team should be enough for him to know that everything he does is under a microscope. Even something like letting it go in public which we have all done. He simply doesn't have the same slack as everyone else anymore.

All he is doing is hurting himself.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 05 Mar 2012, 3:21 pm

Well he does have a major problem it seems. Right now (and apologies for awful pun) he is pi55ing his career away.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Mon 05 Mar 2012, 3:41 pm

A mate said the same thing earlier this morning (sick minds think alike?). You are exactly right.
Shame.
He is still a young man. Hopefully he can figure it out. Soon.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Mon 05 Mar 2012, 6:22 pm

All he did was have a P admittedly he could have chosen a better spot but I guess most if not all of us have done something similar in the past.

I see him as a young quality player who lets the drink get the better of him hopefully it's just something short term.
He went up in my estimation for this single act.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj0sZypZprs&feature=related

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Mon 05 Mar 2012, 6:53 pm

Good share, mate. Have to agree.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Mon 05 Mar 2012, 7:23 pm

To be honest, I don't think he has a problem at all he's just forgetting his responsibilities as a professional athlete. There is nothing wrong with players having a bit of fun, but if you're high-profile in the media, then having a slash in plain view of others is taking the urine!

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Mon 05 Mar 2012, 7:36 pm

Cymroglan wrote:I see him as a young quality player who lets the drink get the better of him hopefully it's just something short term.
I agree. Drink seems to stop him thinking straight - he could do with being booze free for a while in public. We all know people who alcohol affects differently to the rest of us - I guess he is just one of those people. Worrying thing is that he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 05 Mar 2012, 7:46 pm

ah could be worse....could've been a number two he did on the steps...

Seriously, sounds like the man needs some help to be honest. He could be drinking himself to death and the media just take the proverbial out of him.

Last edited by Cari on Mon 05 Mar 2012, 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 05 Mar 2012, 7:56 pm

I reckon there are quite a few lads here who enjoy the odd pint but how many of you have had three drink related arrests/cautions in three months?

I agree that he is to be applauded for his actions when Stoddard was injured but someone really needs to take this lad aside for his own good.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Mon 05 Mar 2012, 9:15 pm

I am still not convinced this is really a drinking problem. Multiple incidents in just a few months also speaks of a maturity problem. I am sure he has had a few talkings to about drinking after the first incidents, most likely telling him to watch the booze and, most especially, be careful in public. I guess that did not work. Its been quite some time since I have been three sheets to the wind, but even then I knew to keep my head down in certain situations.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 05 Mar 2012, 9:39 pm

I hope you are right Grey.

My worry is this. I am led to believe that some of his behaviour is not too far removed from the experience of a lot of young men. The thing is that most often these things do not come to the attention of the police in a lifetime let alone 3 times in 3 months.

Either he has been extremely unfortunate, has a police officer following him around or the frequency of this type of behaviour is extremely high.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Mon 05 Mar 2012, 10:25 pm

Well, there is no question that a lot of young guys have a drink or two, and can sometimes get themselves into trouble. But most young guys are not professional athletes who are fortunate enough to represent their country. I don't think he could perform consistently well at these levels if he was a regular drinker. And even if he is the occasional drinker who can't stop when he gets going, I am not sure about his performance.

This to me is the strange part: He must have been spoken to after the first incident and on the receiving end of very forceful one-sided conversations after the second. By Quins, by the England team, and probably by the Police, as well. The message delivered must have been crystal clear. So he either has a major drinking problem (possible) or a major maturity/common sense problem. Three incidednts in three months is bad.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 06 Mar 2012, 8:23 am

doctor_grey wrote:Well, there is no question that a lot of young guys have a drink or two, and can sometimes get themselves into trouble. But most young guys are not professional athletes who are fortunate enough to represent their country. I don't think he could perform consistently well at these levels if he was a regular drinker. And even if he is the occasional drinker who can't stop when he gets going, I am not sure about his performance.

This to me is the strange part: He must have been spoken to after the first incident and on the receiving end of very forceful one-sided conversations after the second. By Quins, by the England team, and probably by the Police, as well. The message delivered must have been crystal clear. So he either has a major drinking problem (possible) or a major maturity/common sense problem. Three incidednts in three months is bad.

Since when did Danny Care perform consistently well?

If its getting him in trouble with the police and its stunting his career, its a problem....regardless of whether or not hes actually addicted to alcohol.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:38 am

Its the northern in him...

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:26 am

It could have been worse. I'm thinking of a former team mate who got caught short at a service station. Place was all locked up so he had a twosie in a large plant pot round the back.
Unfortunately it was right beside the ATM and a local cop just happened to need a sub at 3.00 am. So unlucky.... hillariously unlucky

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 07 Mar 2012, 2:51 pm

Cymroglan wrote:He went up in my estimation for this single act.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj0sZypZprs&feature=related

Fair play if forgot he did that. I guess with that act of sportsmanship and the drinking he would have been a legend if the game wasn't professional.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 23 Mar 2012, 1:51 pm

A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said: "A 25-year-old man, from Surrey, was arrested in connection with a sexual assault on a woman in Leeds in the early hours of Sunday, 4 March.

"He has been bailed pending further inquiries."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-17490607

Yet another case of Danny Care hitting the headlines for the wrong reasons
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Fri 23 Mar 2012, 2:04 pm

Thats enough, he should never pull on the red rose again.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 23 Mar 2012, 2:14 pm

Maybe find out if it's true or not, first?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Fri 23 Mar 2012, 2:17 pm

HERSH wrote:Thats enough, he should never pull on the red rose again.

nothing like innocent before proven guilty eh hersh?

I seem to recall 4 members of the red rose being vilified for an incident in auckland before the investigation was dropped.....

he's clearly got issues but why not let the police do their investigation before becoming a keyboard justice vigilante

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Fri 23 Mar 2012, 3:47 pm

The thing is he has been warned before about his off field behaviour, enough is enough.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by EngInAuck Fri 23 Mar 2012, 6:42 pm

HERSH wrote:The thing is he has been warned before about his off field behaviour, enough is enough.

I Totally agree with you HERSH, but only if he is found guilty , it wouldn't be the first time a woman tried to make a name for herself by accusing a sport man of sexual assault.
EngInAuck
EngInAuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Mon 26 Mar 2012, 12:54 pm

I was watching the prem highlights last night and they interviewed O'Shea over this. You might think "he's bound to say that", but basically he implied that these new allegations are a load of tosh. Said something along the lines of "I'm not saying that Danny hasn't done anything wrong - he will hold his hands up to what he's done - but we are in possession of all the facts about the incident and we will be supporting him through it."

chewed_mintie - you raise a good point. I don't seem to remember any headlines noting that the investigation has been dropped and that the accused players were, in fact, innocent.....I guess it's the way of the world now that high profile people - be they sportsmen or whatever - can't afford to be anywhere near scandal, because even if they are totally innocent their reputation will still be tainted. It is often said that in the professional era players should be and are aware of this and should behave accordingly, but having played against Danny Care a few times at schoolboy level I view him as a normal guy of my own age and find it difficult to judge him too harshly for having a slash in a doorway. Sexual assault, or course, is a bit different, but as per O'Shea's comments above, we'll have to see what comes of those allegations before we can go around saying ridiculous things like "he should never wear the red rose again"....

Adam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down