The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spain set to alternate GP's

2 posters

Go down

Spain set to alternate GP's  Empty Spain set to alternate GP's

Post by Fernando Fri 9 Mar 2012 - 16:48

Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone says he is close to finalising a contract for the Valencia and Barcelona races to alternate on the calendar from next year - meaning Spain will have just one race from 2013.

After months of speculation about the future of the Valencia Grand Prix, Ecclestone revealed that that event and Spanish GP organisers have agreed to share the race from next year.

In an interview with Spanish radio station Cadena Ser, Ecclestone said that he was now working on sorting out dates going forward.

"Both Valencia and Barcelona have agreed that the best way is to alternate, and now we are trying to choose the dates," explained Ecclestone. "We wanted to see how we could help Valencia, and alternating with Barcelona is a good solution. Sharing the race will be a good idea, providing they are all fine with it."

Ecclestone dismissed recent suggestions that this year's race in Valencia could be in doubt, and added that he would have been happy to stay there beyond its current 2014 contract.

"We really want to be in Valencia. Everyone is happy there; both the teams and the sponsors, and it would be a shame to miss an event like that.

"I would like to continue after 2014 having F1 in Valencia. I've always been very happy with the way they have organised the races, I have never complained and the people have always been very friendly and hospitable to me."

source: autosport.com

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Spain set to alternate GP's  Empty Re: Spain set to alternate GP's

Post by Guest Fri 9 Mar 2012 - 17:16

Thank God. I still can't believe they contemplated alternating Spa......Quite frankly shocking.

Glad they came to their senses

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Fri 9 Mar 2012 - 17:34

Valencia should be dropped full stop though.

I have never seen such a sleep-inducing track.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 9 Mar 2012 - 19:39

John wrote:Thank God. I still can't believe they contemplated alternating Spa......Quite frankly shocking.

Glad they came to their senses

Your optimistic John, Rumors going about that Spa/Paul Ricard or Magny Cours will alternate

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down