The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visiting The Players - tips and advice?

4 posters

Go down

Visiting The Players - tips and advice? Empty Visiting The Players - tips and advice?

Post by Lairdy Mon 12 Mar 2012, 3:35 pm

Hello! As the title says I am planning to go to The Players this year, travelling from UK, and wondered if any of our posters have been before and have any tips? In particular I am swithering if I should try and book tickets over the net now or just turn up and pay at the gate, like you often can for pro golf tournaments... but then again this is quite a big event... Would be hoping just to turn up and pay at the gate, likewise with the parking tickets. Staying in St Augustine so will be driving up to Sawgrass.

Thanks in advance!

Lairdy

Back to top Go down

Visiting The Players - tips and advice? Empty Re: Visiting The Players - tips and advice?

Post by McLaren Mon 12 Mar 2012, 4:04 pm

What are the dates?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Visiting The Players - tips and advice? Empty Re: Visiting The Players - tips and advice?

Post by Lairdy Mon 12 Mar 2012, 4:13 pm

Going to go the Thursday or Friday, 10th and 11th of May respectively. Trying to eek out a practice day visit as well!

Lairdy

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 12 Mar 2012, 4:23 pm

Lairdy,
You've probably already seen this but just in case:

http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/r011/tickets.html

I know I'd get tickets in advance in case of a sell-out, but obviously you'd be rolling the dice with the weather - but that's an issue with any golf tournament and they moved this event to May to have a better chance of dry weather and a course that plays hard and fast.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lairdy Mon 12 Mar 2012, 4:55 pm

Kwini,

Thanks. Been all the way through that ticket booking process bar paying for the tickets to see whats what. The 'will call' ticket pick up thing looks like it should work ok but knowing my luck with these things... It would also be two separate bookings for a practice day ticket and a competition day... plus booking tickets does mean choosing a day now and being stuck with it. Should be fairly safe with weather though. Thinking practice day on wed and go back again on fri.

Lairdy

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 12 Mar 2012, 6:07 pm

Looks good Lairdy, I always like Fridays, guys making a move up the leaderboard or grinding to make the cut.
If you leave GB&I early, submit your Fantasy pick/sub in advance! thumbsup

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 13 Mar 2012, 7:30 am

lol I thought this was going to be about the course just off Junction 18 of the M4. Alas the Florida venue is a place I haven't been...yet so can't comment/offer advice. Enjoy and we look forward to a full report when you get back.

Last edited by JAS on Tue 13 Mar 2012, 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down