The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watch this topic

2 posters

Go down

Watch this topic Empty Watch this topic

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28 2011, 18:25

Any chance that the default option could be to NOT watch a topic as, in my case, if I forget to click "Stop watching this topic" I can come home to find a couple of hundred e-mails in my inbox.

Also, on the original 606 our member page let us know which threads we we on and it was easier to keep track of things.

Cheers fellas and keep up the good work

Back to top Go down

Watch this topic Empty Re: Watch this topic

Post by David Tails Mon Mar 28 2011, 19:14

Hi Dave.

I've just had a look in to this. I thought I had figured it out; however having tested the theory it turns out that I haven't.

I've since went deeper into the workings of the site and it has been confirmed that it is NOT possible to remove this option as a default.

What I would suggest is that you go to your Profile. Within the Preferences tab there is an option called "Always notify me of replies :" If you set that option to "No" that should stop any new messages coming through.

I would also recommend checking the "Topic(s) Being Watched" tab. You can delete any threads that are currently being watched.

If you take those 2 actions, that should ensure that you no longer receive emails regarding updates.

I hope this helps.

DT

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Mar 28 2011, 19:36

If you click on your user name there is also an option to visit previous threads you started or commented on, its not as straight up as 606 but it's just getting used to it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down