The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oxford United FC

+9
Il Gialloblu
ScarletSpiderman
Gregers
Bull
Marky
The_Enigma
bretmeharty
The Womble
TopHat24/7
13 posters

Go down

Oxford United FC Empty Oxford United FC

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:09 pm

Any other Oxford United fans on here?

Do you think we can hang-on to the play-off positions and what're our chances of succeeding in them if we do? I always back us to do well against the top teams (did the double over runaway leaders S****** T*** for example), we seem to raise our game, therefore if we're in it we've definitely got a shot at winning it IMO.

Come on you YELLOWS!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Oxford United FC Empty Re: Oxford United FC

Post by The Womble Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:42 am

I think you will definitely hang on to the play off place. You have some really good players and I reckon you could push on and finish 5th or 6th. Obviously I hope you don't win tonight! but good luck for the rest of the season.

By the way, cheers for letting us take Jack Midson off your hands last summer! What a player Smile
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:03 pm

As a Swindon fan I really hope and do not want to see you or Crawley for that matter,(I hate their fat t$at of a manager) in the playoffs. nope

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:05 pm

Live close to Crewe so watch out for their results and attend the odd match, so i guess i'm a part time fan at best. As crazygang put it you will definitely hang on to that 7th spot unless the wheels completly fall off! Crewe have been picking up points now for the last 5/6 games even beating Gills & Swindown yet Oxford never really drop any points so it would take something for you lot not to get into the play-offs

How many goals has Dubs scored this season, both own goals and goals he's scored in the right net?

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:02 pm

bretmeharty wrote:As a Swindon fan I really hope and do not want to see you or Crawley for that matter,(I hate their fat t$at of a manager) in the playoffs. nope

And us at Crawley would love Swinedon's very own facist Paolo Dickanio to clear orf too thumbsup

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:48 pm

Marky what has gone wrong with your season it seems to be tailing off at the worse time.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:50 pm

Marky wrote:
bretmeharty wrote:As a Swindon fan I really hope and do not want to see you or Crawley for that matter,(I hate their fat t$at of a manager) in the playoffs. nope

And us at Crawley would love Swinedon's very own facist Paolo Dickanio to clear orf too thumbsup

as an Oxford fan i agree to this OK

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:48 pm

bretmeharty wrote:Marky what has gone wrong with your season it seems to be tailing off at the worse time.

Sometime in mid December, Andy Drury went back to Ipswich after his loan spell ended. We then tried to sign him permanently but cheaper than the agreed price, Ipswich said no, played him in a league game, and he's been superb for them since! And since he went back, our league form is something like 3 wins in 17 games.

And in the middle of that, we sold our two strikers. So Playoffs is our target.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:21 am

crazygangwomble wrote:I think you will definitely hang on to the play off place. You have some really good players and I reckon you could push on and finish 5th or 6th. Obviously I hope you don't win tonight! but good luck for the rest of the season.

By the way, cheers for letting us take Jack Midson off your hands last summer! What a player Smile

Whoopsie, sorry about last night Very Happy Really good win for us, been throwing a lot of games away this season to last minute goals - was very nervous for the last half hour last night! Re Midson, I was always a big fan of his, got some important goals for us, so was a little disappointed when we sold him.

Good luck to you guys though, every fan of football has got to be a fan of AFCW, you've got to respect what they've done.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:24 am

Haha, top of the league - you're having a laugh! Did the double over you boys this season laughing

Agree re Cawley, don't like the way Citeh and Chelski are buying trophies, don't like the way Crawley are buying promotions. They're a nothing club, nobodies with no fans but chances are they'll be in League 1 next season. Even Stevenage deserve to be there more than them!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:28 am

The_Enigma wrote:Live close to Crewe so watch out for their results and attend the odd match, so i guess i'm a part time fan at best. As crazygang put it you will definitely hang on to that 7th spot unless the wheels completly fall off! Crewe have been picking up points now for the last 5/6 games even beating Gills & Swindown yet Oxford never really drop any points so it would take something for you lot not to get into the play-offs

How many goals has Dubs scored this season, both own goals and goals he's scored in the right net?

Haha the Hereford match was hilarious!! He scored a hat-trick but for different sides! 2 own goals and 1 for us, absolutely tragic Doh

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:25 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
crazygangwomble wrote:I think you will definitely hang on to the play off place. You have some really good players and I reckon you could push on and finish 5th or 6th. Obviously I hope you don't win tonight! but good luck for the rest of the season.

Whoopsie, sorry about last night Very Happy Really good win for us, been throwing a lot of games away this season to last minute goals - was very nervous for the last half hour last night! Re Midson, I was always a big fan of his, got some important goals for us, so was a little disappointed when we sold him.

Good luck to you guys though, every fan of football has got to be a fan of AFCW, you've got to respect what they've done.

Smile No worries, we are so hit and miss this season i'm not surprised we lost. I'm just pleased we're keeping our heads above water at the moment. Not bothered about pushing on for the time being, I would prefer us to get some stability and some league experience.

cheers for the kind words re the club. I'm pleased that our success is being used as a template for other breakaway clubs not just in this country but around the world.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:04 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Haha, top of the league - you're having a laugh! Did the double over you boys this season laughing

Agree re Cawley, don't like the way Citeh and Chelski are buying trophies, don't like the way Crawley are buying promotions. They're a nothing club, nobodies with no fans but chances are they'll be in League 1 next season. Even Stevenage deserve to be there more than them!

"Buying promotions" - with money earned from getting to the 5th Round of the FA Cup two seasons running, making £2M from last season's run to Old Trafford before emulating it again this season culminating in our match v Stoke. No sugar daddies here, move along please.

"Nothing club" - It's called a small non-league club (which we were) growing and moving up the leagues. We had bitterness from York, Luton, Grimsby, and Wrexham while winning the Conference, and bitterness from Swindon, Oxford and others this season, just because we are a small club on the up and the "used to be's" are being overtaken by us on our way.

"nobodies with no fans" - We have a small fanbase, due to being a non-league side for our entire history, still outsung Oxford this season at the Kassam with our 500 fans Wink

As we sung to all these haters, "YOU'RE NOT FAMOUS ANY MORE..."

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:45 am

Marky wrote:
bretmeharty wrote:Marky what has gone wrong with your season it seems to be tailing off at the worse time.

Marky can I ask, why did you sell Tubbs? Moving to Bournemouth really didn't seem like career progression to me. He would of been better staying at Crawley surely as they are on the rise?
Also, my in-laws are all Doncaster fans and saw them play Peterborough recently. They said when Tyrone Barnett came on for Posh he completely changed the game and looks a class act. Was there no way you could of kept hold of him?

Good luck anway for the remainder of the season, I personally like to see non-league clubs on the rise regardless of how they are perceived by other people. Its better than seeing what's happening to clubs like Portsmouth.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:01 pm

Marky wrote: "Buying promotions" - with money earned from getting to the 5th Round of the FA Cup two seasons running, making £2M from last season's run to Old Trafford before emulating it again this season culminating in our match v Stoke. No sugar daddies here, move along please.

"Nothing club" - It's called a small non-league club (which we were) growing and moving up the leagues. We had bitterness from York, Luton, Grimsby, and Wrexham while winning the Conference, and bitterness from Swindon, Oxford and others this season, just because we are a small club on the up and the "used to be's" are being overtaken by us on our way.

"nobodies with no fans" - We have a small fanbase, due to being a non-league side for our entire history, still outsung Oxford this season at the Kassam with our 500 fans Wink

Steve Evans will do to you what he did to Boston. He'll get the chairmen to throw money at it before it all goes wrong. I don't really have a problem with Crawley themselves its Steve Evans who winds my up.

I watched a fair bit of non-league football in my time & Crawley were never really a team that were up there challenging to get out of the league until Steve got there, the following season he signed quite a few players chucking money about and signing player's on free's from higher up who would no doubt get a good pay day being there. It's only because you had that squad which resulted in you reaching the 5th round last season and eventually climbing out of that league. If you hadn't have had either it would have been a completley different story to the one that's unfolding now. The reasons clubs like Cambridge, York amongst others who fall away is because they had a go at chucking money at it only for it to backfire it'll happen with Crawley who will fall back down to earth. Like I said its not Crawley I have the issue with its Steve Evans, can't stand the guy boxing

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:56 am

crazygangwomble wrote:
Marky wrote:

Marky can I ask, why did you sell Tubbs? Moving to Bournemouth really didn't seem like career progression to me. He would of been better staying at Crawley surely as they are on the rise?
Also, my in-laws are all Doncaster fans and saw them play Peterborough recently. They said when Tyrone Barnett came on for Posh he completely changed the game and looks a class act. Was there no way you could of kept hold of him?

Good luck anway for the remainder of the season, I personally like to see non-league clubs on the rise regardless of how they are perceived by other people. Its better than seeing what's happening to clubs like Portsmouth.

Tubbs wanted to leave. Bournemouth was the side he supported growing up, so it was his dream move/homecoming. Bournemouth paid £800k for him.

Barnett, like most players, wanted to better himself. Aged 26, he'd been in non-league his whole career except for Macclesfield then Crawley in League 2. When Peterborough offered him a chance to play in the Championship he would have naturally jumped at the chance, but we've got a total £1.4M for him (£1.1M transfer fee, £300k loan fee until end of season)

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:06 pm

Marky wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

"Buying promotions" - with money earned from getting to the 5th Round of the FA Cup two seasons running, making £2M from last season's run to Old Trafford before emulating it again this season culminating in our match v Stoke. No sugar daddies here, move along please.

You're where you are because of being backed by the dodgiest bank-rollers in the English football - who you disgracefully won't even disclose, at least Citeh and Chelski are up front about it. If it wasn't for them you'd have gone under by now. You spend money you don't earn through the club (other than what you've just got for those 2 strikers) and use it to buy players and pay wages that any other conference side playing out of a garden shed couldn't come close to matching. Your average attendance even in these 'glory years' is still only 3,109 and your highest at 4,225 is still lower than Oxford's lowest - 5,653. In every season since your entrance to the Conference in 04/05 your attendances (in reverse chronological order) have been 2,521 1,002 1,233 1,041 1,158 1,532 and 2,175. Pathetic.

No other small/non-league club (other than arguably AFC) is doing what you are because nobody else is bankrolled the same.

And outsing us? Did you bollox. Hint: the reason you sound louder is because you're stood next to the people shouting, I was opposite - you definitely weren't louder than our home stand.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:40 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:You're where you are because of being backed by the dodgiest bank-rollers in the English football - who you disgracefully won't even disclose, at least Citeh and Chelski are up front about it. If it wasn't for them you'd have gone under by now. You spend money you don't earn through the club (other than what you've just got for those 2 strikers) and use it to buy players and pay wages that any other conference side playing out of a garden shed couldn't come close to matching. Your average attendance even in these 'glory years' is still only 3,109 and your highest at 4,225 is still lower than Oxford's lowest - 5,653. In every season since your entrance to the Conference in 04/05 your attendances (in reverse chronological order) have been 2,521 1,002 1,233 1,041 1,158 1,532 and 2,175. Pathetic.

No other small/non-league club (other than arguably AFC) is doing what you are because nobody else is bankrolled the same.

And outsing us? Did you bollox. Hint: the reason you sound louder is because you're stood next to the people shouting, I was opposite - you definitely weren't louder than our home stand.

clap

Congratulations on believing the same tripe about our ownership you read online. Bravo. And knowing precisely Flip all about Crawley Town Football Club, bonus points for you!

We had an initial outlay of something like £500k, which is a lot of money for a non-league club as we were at the time, that was financed by local businessman and owner Bruce Winfield, his stake was left to his wife when he died of cancer last year. We then made £2M from an FA Cup run to Old Trafford, tell me that isn't money earned through the club. That's the money that has been reinvested.

As for our attendances;
In every season since your entrance to the Conference in 04/05 your attendances (in reverse chronological order) have been 2,521 1,002 1,233 1,041 1,158 1,532 and 2,175. Pathetic.

The drop from 2k plus to 1k was a massive effect of dodgy ownership. We as a club were run by crooked owners, and I mean real crooked owners, ones who left us facing liquidation and completely alienated the fanbase, hence the massive percentage drop in attendances. Google Chas Majeed and his brother Azwar Majeed. We were saved at the last hour from liquidation and have rebuilt, until Bruce Winfield took his local football club and wiped out the debt before getting the ball rolling.

You are exactly the same kind of misinformed, bitter outsider who seems to think we should be beneath you because we have a small fanbase.

Newsflash - Attendances don't win points.

Crawley Town's attendances have gone up by more than 100% in the last few seasons. You might scoff at that being a minor increase in terms of numbers, but it is big for a small non-league club working their way up the Football League.

But hey, why let facts get in the way of your slandering of our club?! Go right ahead, sit on your high horse, dreaming of years gone by when you were famous. Oxford have plenty of fans, congratulations.

Crawley Town are invested properly, debt free, and despite what people hope, we aren't going away any time soon (unless it's up to League 1). To borrow that song from Millwall, no-one likes us, we don't care. Regardless of Crawley Town being above or below Oxford, it's our first ever season in the Football League. To be bitter and hateful towards us just shows how far Oxford have dropped down since the glory days Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:14 am

clap well said Marky.

Small clubs moving up the football league is quite magical and is heartbreaking when something goes wrong (ALA Salisbury City being awfully treated by the FA). Even as a brighton fan I want crawley to do well as it can only be good for the region.

Also when do Oxford United become a big club?!

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:56 am

Do you mean 'did' or 'do', Gregers? We used to be in the old Division 1 (now Prem) and were Alex Ferguson's first opposition for Man U who lost to us at the Manor Ground. We also spawned one of Liverpools finest strikers in John Aldridge who got his first international caps and goals whilst at the club.

I agree with the magic of clubs moving up the leagues, I grew up in Stevenage and celebrate their current achievements and if you read the thread you'd note the respect and admiration I have paid AFC Wimbledon for their success.

But that's organic. Crawley isn't.

And Marky, I never said attendence wins you points - but it does signify how small a club you are and no other club in the league or conference that small has the finances you do and that's why I cannot and will not respect what you are 'achieving'. Club's revenues in the lower leagues come from ticket sales, sponsorship and merchandise sales. No fans and no support means all three of those sources should be miniscule for Crawley. Those cup runs generate some income but not millions (unless they generate sales like when we sold Dean Windass for c.£1m after he scored the goal that almost beat Chelsea).

I know of the Majeeds, but dodgy owners don't stop fans turning up. You either have fans or you don't. You've added a few extra now that you're in the Football League (which is natural) but the attendence figures are still pretty pitiful.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:51 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:And Marky, I never said attendence wins you points - but it does signify how small a club you are and no other club in the league or conference that small has the finances you do and that's why I cannot and will not respect what you are 'achieving'. Club's revenues in the lower leagues come from ticket sales, sponsorship and merchandise sales. No fans and no support means all three of those sources should be miniscule for Crawley. Those cup runs generate some income but not millions (unless they generate sales like when we sold Dean Windass for c.£1m after he scored the goal that almost beat Chelsea).

I know of the Majeeds, but dodgy owners don't stop fans turning up. You either have fans or you don't. You've added a few extra now that you're in the Football League (which is natural) but the attendence figures are still pretty pitiful.

Our FA Cup run started in the 4th Qualifying round, we got prize money from 4thQR to winning in the 4th Round proper.

We were televised in Round 2 when we drew with then League 1 Swindon, and beat them at the County Ground in the replay.

We were televised in Round 3 when we beat Derby County, won the FA's award for upset of the Cup that season.

Won in Round 4 against Torquay, who now hate us even more, because...

Round 5 saw us drawn away to Manchester United. Televised to a global audience, significant sponsorship deal with The Sun, hefty share of 75,000 worth of gate receipts and adult tickets were from £41 each. Now tell me we didn't earn a fortune from the FA Cup!

As for the Majeed thing. Fans stayed away in protest. Rightly or wrongly, they were protesting and they were right, the Majeeds almost killed the club and we're lucky to have a club. Say for example Oxford United's owners sold the club onto businessmen who promised the world and delivered nothing, they constantly lied to the fans about signings and players circumstances, were known to have threatened a 16 year old fan for digging too far into their dodgy dealings, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Say this goes on for 2 years, and in that time, they bring in ex-con Steve Evans to manage the club! (Will get on to Evans in a minute). Would you continue to go to games? Because not every Oxford fan would. And the fanbase (at least the ones attending) would drop. And drop. And drop. What is your opinion on that hypothetical question?

Steve Evans, universally hated, however since he has been the manager of a well run CTFC, he has absolutely nothing to do with the off field side of the club. And underneath it all, Steve Evans is actually a good manager. Got it tactically spot on at Old Trafford, narrowly beaten by the Premier League giants. Guided us to the FA Cup 5th Round two years in a row. Won us promotion into the Football League for the first time ever, and currently in the automatic promotion places in League 2 despite selling our two top scorers earlier this calender year.

For the record, our outlay on Matt Tubbs and Tyrone Barnett was a combined £220k, the fees received were a combined £2.2M. Just a 1000% increase then. Add that to the money earned pile. Evans takes these players, talks them up, they perform, and they command higher fees. Exactly what a club like Crawley Town needs. We can't all just sign Asa Hall.

Evans has the gift of the gab. Some players fall out with him, others get on with it. He is the reason the likes of Claude Davis, Pablo Mills, Kyle McFadzean, Sergio Torres and Sanchez Watt are currently wearing Crawley Town shirts. There are still fans who detest him, but he is winning them over slowly but surely, because we are winning games, and unlike his time at Boston, there is no black cloud hanging over him because this time it's been done properly.

You say the club's revenue comes from ticket sales, sponsorship and merchandise. I say we obviously could do with more fans on a regular basis, merchandise comes with more fans, but sponsorship we're doing alright with a medium sized local business but it means we are a selling club. Evans has the knack of signing guys on free transfers and getting transfer fees for them. Even Wes Thomas early in the season, signed for us in July on a free, left in September on loan and the fee to make it permanent in January was £150k. We sell our assets and buy cheap alternatives. We sold Tubbs and Barnett, we signed Billy Clarke and Gary Alexander permaently, both on frees. We've got Leon Clarke on loan, and those 3 could easily see us go up, without spending nearly as much as Swindon we could easily follow them up.

Anything else i've missed? Anything else you want to query?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:55 pm

did you manage to get to the Crawley game yesterday Marky against Crewe? They're my nearest team so i do go to a few games and have my eye on the results incase they sneak into the play-offs this season, would be nice to see somebody give their opinion on Crewe

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:12 pm

The_Enigma wrote:did you manage to get to the Crawley game yesterday Marky against Crewe? They're my nearest team so i do go to a few games and have my eye on the results incase they sneak into the play-offs this season, would be nice to see somebody give their opinion on Crewe

Crewe were the best away side i've seen at Broadfield Stadium this season, and that includes Stoke in the FA Cup. They controlled the game, caused our makeshift defence a lot of problems and if it wasn't for our 88th minute penalty and our goalkeeper being man of the match by a country mile, we'd have lost.

Put it this way, it's a point gained rather than two dropped as far as i'm concerned, and Crewe have a great chance of the playoffs (although the two points they will see as dropped could be costly).

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:39 pm

Hi guys.  I am a rugby fan, but I come in peace.  Me and a friend are hedin up to Oxford at the back end of August (and staying at the Kassam premier inn), and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on good places to have a beer, and things to do.  I believe you are playing at home against Wycome that weekend too, would it be easy to get tickets on the day?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:32 pm

You'll still get tickets on the day, WW are local rivals but doubt it'll be All Ticket. If so, they'll advise in advance on the website.

The stadium, and your hotel, are located on an out of town retail/leisure park. There's a pub adjacent which is half decent from memory, and the park has the usual Frankie & Benny's etc.

Other than that you'll need to jump on a bus into town tbh......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:34 pm

Other than that..........COME ON OXFORD!!!!

Unbeaten, 3 wins on the bounce, 3-1 average score........just a pity we'll chuck it all waay in February like usual!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:20 pm

I thought you were a Man U fan?
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:48 pm

Tbh, I'm pretty indifferent towards football as a whole IG. Fell out of love with the game quite a few years ago. Was born in Oxford and my dad's a lifelong fan, being born and raised there, so I follow them and hope they do well. Used to go watch them several times a season but since my dad took charge of the local club back home he's never free on Saturdays anymore so it's rare I get to see them.

Went to Charlton to see us get spanked the other night. That really is a craphole area of London!

Man Utd are probably more my proper club, the one I supported since I was a kid (had the bed spread, wallpaper, kits, all that rubbish) and follow most closely.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:58 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Tbh, I'm pretty indifferent towards football as a whole IG.  Fell out of love with the game quite a few years ago.  Was born in Oxford and my dad's a lifelong fan, being born and raised there, so I follow them and hope they do well.  Used to go watch them several times a season but since my dad took charge of the local club back home he's never free on Saturdays anymore so it's rare I get to see them.

Went to Charlton to see us get spanked the other night.  That really is a craphole area of London!

Man Utd are probably more my proper club, the one I supported since I was a kid (had the bed spread, wallpaper, kits, all that rubbish) and follow most closely.  
Try going to Selhurst, how people can actually live in a place like that astounds me.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:54 pm

Aye, fair enough, TopHat. I'd never seen you mention anything about Oxford before... even with this thread being over a year old.

I know what you mean about falling out of love with the game. There was a time I'd watch pretty much any game on telly. Now, unless it directly concerns Mansfield, which the Premier League of course doesn't, I'm not arsed anymore.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:11 pm

Yeh. It's players like Rooney that have turned me off. Petulent transfer request to get a wage boost, playing crap and then having a go when booed.

Lots don't like him but Becks was a hero to me growing up, he had genuine passion for the game, big heart, pretty honest and always gave his all for club and country - often in the face of some quite stiff abuse.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:11 pm

Didn't realise you were an oxford fan tophat. I went to uni with some oxford lads and have been to a couple of games with them. Really dont like swindon do you your lot!? 'Whe the red red robbin comes bob bob bobbing along, shoot the b*****d! Still makes me chuckle!

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:22 am

Haha no, we don't!

Up until the website was changed recently, the original one wouldn't even spell their name. Just listed them as S****** T***.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:26 pm

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 4m
Sky sources: Northampton to confirm Chris Wilder as manager tomorrow following his resignation as Oxford United manager #SSN

WASSGORNON TOPHAT
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:00 am

Why o why would Wilder leave Oxford a big decent club, to join a side that looks doomed at the bottom of the league.

#HeadsGone

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:07 am

Olly wrote:Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 4m
Sky sources: Northampton to confirm Chris Wilder as manager tomorrow following his resignation as Oxford United manager #SSN

WASSGORNON TOPHAT

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  furious furious furious furious furious furious furious 

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:14 pm

Confident for Saturday Tophat?

Should be a decent game.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:26 pm

Big game, with you leading the chasing pack.

Our home record is atrocious however, throw in last night's disappointing draw at Exeter and the loss of Wilder and no, I'm not confident.

We should win, but I think a draw is more likely.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:32 pm

Yes, you should win and I think you will win.

We are on a little decent run and are buoyed by 2 decent loan signings, however we are very inconsistent and knowing us our good run will grind to a halt!!

Good luck to your boys, lets hope its a good game.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:33 am

Happy days! Very Happy

So tight at the top though, we REALLY need to win our game in hand!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:08 pm

Connelly started well for Oxford

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:28 pm

Drawing with Bury & Bristol were urine poor results.

It's so tight up there than you/we can drop out of contention in no time. Really need to nail that 3rd place spot, get us out of this crumby league.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down