The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rugby League news

+11
Steel
aucklandlaurie
The_Enigma
davidl1061
drsambo1928
Pal Joey
sherlock123
George Hotel1895
dublfcynwa
Luke
Kenny
15 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Rugby League news  - Page 2 Empty Rugby League news

Post by Kenny Fri 16 Mar 2012, 11:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Gareth Ellis has said he will make a decision on which team he will join before the end of March , his agent has said they have had offers from several clubs but have narrowed it down to 4 teams ...while he did not mention which clubs they were they are believed to be Leeds , Hull FC , Huddersfield and Warrington .

Catalan Dragons have denied Hull KR permission to train on the Stade Gilbert Brutus pitch before saturdays Superleague game , rules state it is the home teams choice if they allow visiting teams to use their pitches or not . Catalans have told Rovers to train elsewhere which hasn't gone down well with them , odd decision from the Dragons as they usually allow all visiting teams to use their facilities .

Ryan Bailey has been given a 3 match ban and a £300 fine for pushing a match official during Leeds Rhinos game against Warrington Wolves , Brent Webb was also fined £300 and given a verbal warning for the same offence in the same incident . Warringtons Mickey Higham received a 2 match ban for a high tackle on Rob Burrow in the same game .

Bradfords Jarrod Sammut was given a 1 match ban for a dangerous tackle against Hull KR , Hull FC prop Mark O'Melley was also given a 1 match ban for a dangerous tackle in Hulls game against St Helens .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Rugby League news  - Page 2 Empty Re: Rugby League news

Post by Luke Fri 08 Jun 2012, 2:37 am

Kenny
Got to agree about Abblett & Jones Buchanan, also don't think that Chase or Wilkin should be in.

Also good to see 3 Rovers players in the Nights sqaud to face Ireland. The full sqaud is

Broughton (Salford), Clarkson(Leeds), Clough(St Helens), Cooper(Warrington), Evans(Warrington), Farrell(Wigan), Ferguson( Huddersfield), Flanagan(St Helens), Gaskell(St Helens),Hardaker(Leeds),J Hodgson(Hull KR), Houghton(HullFC), Jones-Bishop(Leeds), Lomax(St Helens),Lunt(Leeds), Mcgillvary(Huddersfield), Patrick(Huddersfield), Ratchford(Warrington), Riley(Warrington), Smith, Taylor(HullKR), Watts(Hull KR), Wheeler(St Helens).
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 10 Jun 2012, 1:10 am

WIGAN

Stand off Brett Finch has announced that he will be leaving the club, and heading back to the NRL at the end of the season.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 10 Jun 2012, 11:10 am

tigerrobins wrote:Kenny
Got to agree about Abblett & Jones Buchanan, also don't think that Chase or Wilkin should be in.

Also good to see 3 Rovers players in the Nights sqaud to face Ireland. The full sqaud is

Broughton (Salford), Clarkson(Leeds), Clough(St Helens), Cooper(Warrington), Evans(Warrington), Farrell(Wigan), Ferguson( Huddersfield), Flanagan(St Helens), Gaskell(St Helens),Hardaker(Leeds),J Hodgson(Hull KR), Houghton(HullFC), Jones-Bishop(Leeds), Lomax(St Helens),Lunt(Leeds), Mcgillvary(Huddersfield), Patrick(Huddersfield), Ratchford(Warrington), Riley(Warrington), Smith, Taylor(HullKR), Watts(Hull KR), Wheeler(St Helens).

I know its not forward thinking but on current form Andy Lynch should of made the England squad to face the Exciles
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 11 Jun 2012, 11:02 pm

Liam Watts has asked to be released from his contract at Hull KR

Shame really he is a good young prop who has just lost his way at Rovers since being suspended last year for his part in the Ben Cockayne police chase , maybe a change of club can get him back on track .

Wakefield and Hull FC have shown intrest .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 11 Jun 2012, 11:31 pm

Jeez... stacks of talent on both sides there. Should be a cracker of a game!

Where are they playing this one?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:09 pm

its at St Helens new ground Langtree Park , England Knights v Ireland is also there before it .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 12 Jun 2012, 3:06 pm

Due injuries this is the new Exiles squad

Exiles revised squad:
A Laffranchi (St Helens),
A Kaufusi (London Broncos),
B Hodgson (Warrington, capt),
D Millard (Catalan Dragons),
D Faiumu (Huddersfield),
E Lauaki (Wigan),
F Meli (St Helens),
J Lima (Wigan),
J Monaghan Warrington),
L Hohaia (St Helens),
S Dureau Catalan Dragons),
S Sa (Catalan Dragons),
S Soliola (St Helens),
T Leuluai (Wigan),
T Puletua (St Helens),
T Waterhouse (Warrington),
W Manu (Hull).

got to say after Finch pulled out im amazed Micheal Dobson hasn't been brought in
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed 13 Jun 2012, 8:46 pm

Got to agree with Kenny I thought Dobson has superb against Hudds on Monday night, should still be a cracking game.

Meanwhile the news at Bradford is not promising.

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/sportbulls/9759412.Tax_bill_leaves_Bradford_Bulls_on_the_brink/

There is talk of a benefactor, however my guess is admin is on the way then backers may come on board. Looks like my £500 is going down the tubes along with many others who "pledged"

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 14 Jun 2012, 12:44 pm

If Bradford do go into administration will they get a point deduction does anyone know ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 14 Jun 2012, 2:29 pm

Yes, depends on how long there in adminstration to how many( and what the RFL fell like giving them ). I think that all there playing staffs contracts also become null & void as well, though not sure about that one.

The sides for the England/Exiles game have been announced, They are (England on the left), Exiles have to loose a sub but otherwise.

1- S Tomkins - B Hodgson.
2- J Charnely - J Monaghan.
3- C Abblett - S sa.
4- R Atkins - D Millard.
5- R Hall - F Meli.
6- K Sinfield - T Leuluai.
7- R Chase - S Dureau.
8- E Crabtree - T Puletua.
9- J Roby - L Hohaia.
10- J Peacock - J Lima.
11- G Hock - W Manu.
12- D Tickle - S Soliola.
13- S O'Loughlin - T Waterhouse.

14- R Burrow - A Laffianchi.
15- G Carvell - A Kaufosi.
16- L Mossop - D Falogo.
17- J Jones Buchanan - D Faiumu/E Lauaki.

Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 14 Jun 2012, 3:17 pm

I cant believe Ablett is in at centre Shocked when we have Yeaman , Whelham, Cudjoe , Bridge , Goulding, Clubb and even Shenton
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 15 Jun 2012, 1:34 am

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:I cant believe Ablett is in at centre Shocked when we have Yeaman , Whelham, Cudjoe , Bridge , Goulding, Clubb and even Shenton

I don't understand it either, nor why we are pessisting with Sinfield at stand off, he is clearly not an international stand off (nor according to a leeds fan i know a club one).
Peacock shouldn't be in either.
Though i do think the Atkins/Hall & Tickle/Hock Partnerships could be good.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 15 Jun 2012, 1:20 pm

Yep im sure we have actual stand offs in this country , dont agree with getting players into the team out of position
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 15 Jun 2012, 6:15 pm

Hodgson & sa have been ruled out of the exiles team for saturdays game. Coming in areHull KR's Shannon McDonnell & Huddersfield' David Fa'alogo.

The revised side is,

1- S-McDonnell.
2- J-Monaghan.
3- S-Soliola.
4- D-Millard.
5- F-Meli.
6- T-Leuluai.
7- S-Dureau.
8- T-Puletua.
9- L-Hohaia.
10- J-Lima.
11- W-Manu.
12- T-Waterhouse.
13- D-Fa'alogo.

14- A-Laffranchi.
15- A-Kaufusi.
16- D-Faiumu.
17- E-Lauaki.

This makes them look a better side in my opinion.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 15 Jun 2012, 7:15 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:I cant believe Ablett is in at centre Shocked when we have Yeaman , Whelham, Cudjoe , Bridge , Goulding, Clubb and even Shenton
Nor can i. i would have gone with Leroy Cudjoe at centre, and as for Sinfield at stand off that another strange one to me. Jamie Peacock has been a great player, but he is fininshed now. The back 3 look strong though.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 15 Jun 2012, 7:47 pm

Its good to see McDonnell getting called up , all England have to do now is attack as he cant tackle to save his life ! But he is pretty good at joining the line so England will have to watch that .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat 16 Jun 2012, 9:19 am

If Rangi Chase does tonight what he was doing last season England will win, but so far this season Rangi form has been disappointing to me. I hope he proves me wrong tonight, but i doubt it.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 16 Jun 2012, 7:12 pm

Well so far he just seems to want to fight everyone
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 18 Jun 2012, 6:23 pm

WAKEFIELD

Will find out tomorrow (tues), wether their plans to build a new ground in the Newmarket area of the city will be given the go ahead.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 21 Jun 2012, 3:26 pm

Keith Senior is to cross codes and play for Leeds Carnegie
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 22 Jun 2012, 11:35 am

WAKEFIELD

Have won the right to build there new ground.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 22 Jun 2012, 4:09 pm

Wigan coach Shaun Wane has called on referees to ' look after ' Sam Tomkins as he feels opposing teams are singling him out for extra rough treatment Laugh

Of course they are hes the best player Doh
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 23 Jun 2012, 11:56 am

Bradford bulls;

Administration looks very likely early next week.

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/sportbulls/9778329.Guilfoyle_admits_he___s____pessimistic____of_Bradford_Bulls____prospects/

Tigerrobins; your team Very Very unlucky last night IMO, bad luck with two bad injuries, best wishes to Welham & Lovegrove. I can't recall a half-back getting as close to the line before passing than Green, impressive even though I was hoping to see Hall there rather than the wing following your post regarding England.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 23 Jun 2012, 1:51 pm

The Bradford situation is inevitable i think which is a shame , if the RFL dobnt help out then Halifax should be promoted and Bradford to go into the championship to rebuild . I would also like to see the RFL who i think now own Odsal invest in the ground and make it into a Wembley of the North then we can stop using Old Tafford for the Super League Grand Final
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 23 Jun 2012, 2:19 pm

HUDDERSFIELD

Chris Thorman is to leave his position as head coach of York City Knights at the end of the season to take up the post of assistant coach to Paul Anderson .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 23 Jun 2012, 3:18 pm

BEAST,

Hall is very inventive, straight running with speed, very good hands with the ability to find a gap. Green is also very good (we're lucky to have 2 very good stand offs). Hall just adds that something extra, but as a Hull fan i know says when he's involved in the game (fb,so) he just seems to be a much better player than when out on the wing.
I think a Hall, Brough half back partnership would be a very exciting one to watch, espically in games like the exiles that don't mean as much.

The Bradford situation at the moment just seems to be decending into a who did what thing, what i don't get/like is that there are apparently people who are willing to put money into the club, but its almost like they aree waiting for administration.

KENNY,
This is one of the problems with the franchise system. As long as there problems are sorted out by the next round (2015 i think). What happens inbetween almost dosn't count (look at the Crusaders situations). They are not going to relegate Bradford.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 23 Jun 2012, 5:01 pm

Thanks Tiger, I will continue to look out for Hall, I do agree that he is a good player and look forward to seeing him at SO. Impressed with your pack, I thought Catalans might win the league this year (still could?) on the back of a massive pack but I thought the KR forwards were better last night.

I suspect you are right I don't think Bradford will be relegated for all the wrong reasons i.e. a PR disaster for the RFL's franchise system. Not of course that I want to see the Bulls relegated but I can't change my view dependant on who is involved.

A rugby league stadium (wherever) would be great, they've talked about Odsal being Wembley of the north for years but I cannot see it happening, who has the money?.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 23 Jun 2012, 7:26 pm

I don't think that there will ever be a RL ground, as without a club playing there how could they substain it, but then it wouldn't be a neautral ground.

Beast,
After what Crusaders got away with, and were still in SL, and would have got a franchise if not for the owners, than Bradford will get a franchise. Although with Wakefield & Castleford(possably), getting new grounds Odsal could also hold you back.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 25 Jun 2012, 6:21 pm

HUDDERSFIELD

Have appointed Kieran Purtill to be Paul Anderson's assistant along side Chris Thorman.

FRANCE

The president of the French Rugby League federation, Nicolas Larrat, has announced that he is leaving the post after 8 years.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 26 Jun 2012, 7:00 pm

I assume you are probably aware of the news regarding Bradford, if not;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/18554519

No real surprise, just bitter disappointment and anger, it is not clear how and why but it is obvious that various parties have lied through their teeth to the fans. £500 pledge gone but at least I didn't do the £1000 I had originally planned!!

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 27 Jun 2012, 6:46 pm

The England sqaud for the next exiles game has been announced. It is, C Ablett (Leeds), R Atkins (Warrington), T Briscoe (Hull FC), D Brough (Huddersfield), J Broughton (Salford), R Burrow (Leeds), G Carvell (Warrington), J Charnley (Wigan), E Crabtree (Huddersfield), L Cudjoe (Huddersfield), G Hock (Wigan), J Jones-Buchanan (Leeds), J Lomax (St Helens), L Mossop (Wigan), S Ratchford (Warrington), J Roby (St Helens), M Smith (Salford), D Tickle (Hull FC), J Wilkin (St Helens).

Also a question? Does anybody know what will happen if Bradford are liquardated, Are they still classed as a SL club, or do they have to start at the bottom? And if it's straight away, what happens to the results? and the teams that have still to play them?
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Thu 28 Jun 2012, 10:12 am

Tiger,

with regard to your Bradford question;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/18609190

This presumes of course that if liquidated they have an actual team to put on the paddock. 4 - 6 points likely to be deducted for going into administration. Next year........there may not be a next year for Bradford it all looks very bleak. The bigger picture is also worrying in that one or two other clubs may not be too far off from joining them.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 28 Jun 2012, 5:57 pm

Thanks for that Beast, i do think there will be a next year in some shape or form, but not sure what shape or form. Maybe administration could be for the best if a buyer does come in as a way to help sort out the finical problems. But they need a buyer, the last one i heard about was Steve Parkin but it seems to have gone quiet on that front.

The Exiles have named there sqaud for next weeks game. It is : A Gelling (Wigan), A Kaufusi (London), B Galea (Hull KR), B Hodgson (Warrington), D Holdsworth (Salford), D Millard (Catalan), D Faiumu (Huddersfield), D Fa'alogo (Huddersfield), E Lauaki (Wigan), F Meli (St Helens), H L'Estrange (Bradford), J Webster (Hull KR), J Chan (Huddersfield), J Monaghan (Warrington), J Moon (Salford), K Leuluai (Leeds), L Hohaia (St Helens), M Robertson (London), M Dobson (Hull KR), S Dureau (Catalan), S Soliola (St Helens), S Menzies (Catalan), T Waterhouse (Warrington), V Mellars (Wakefield), W Manu (Hull FC).
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 29 Jun 2012, 2:52 pm

I think this Exiles squad looks a more rounded team then the last one .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 30 Jun 2012, 5:40 am

I agree Kenny, should be intresting what the final 13 will be, if Anderson picks right they could be a very good side.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 30 Jun 2012, 11:46 am

Yes it looks a good side , but i also think England have done the right thing changing our side up aswell . Im looking forward to this game more then the last .

Interesting to read Sam Tomkins saying this week he would be interested in a move to the NRL in 2014 . I think it would improve his game .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 01 Jul 2012, 11:04 pm

Johnny Lomax has had to pull out of the England squad to face the Exiles due to a rib injury , he has been replaced by HULL KR's Josh Hodgson
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by drsambo1928 Sun 01 Jul 2012, 11:53 pm

Why do you guys even like league. It is uneconomical as it puts props, hookers and arguably second rows out of a job. Unemployment is the fault of Rugby league steam

drsambo1928

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 02 Jul 2012, 10:41 am

Gareth Hock and Danny Tickle have pulled out of the England squad now , they have been replaced by Liam Farrell and Scott Taylor
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 02 Jul 2012, 3:43 pm

Bradford Bulls have made their entire coaching staff including head coach Mick Potter redundant .

full story

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/18675339
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 03 Jul 2012, 4:54 am

Huddersfield's David Fa'alogo & David Faiumu, Warrington's Trent Waterhouse, St Helen's Lance Hohaia, Hull KR's Ben Galea & Jake Webster, London's Michael Robertson & Wakefields Vince Mellars are all out of the exiles sqaud for Wednesdays game due to one reason or another.
Coming in are Hull KR's Constantine Mika & Lincoln Withers and Hull FC's Sam Moa have been called up.

Expect Brian Noble to return to Bradford in one form or another. Though you've got to wonder what's going on, sacking there coaching staff is hardly productive, and now the players have been to the union to complain about the fact they are being told next to nothing about the situation or whats going on.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 03 Jul 2012, 11:43 am

Interesting to read the fee Bradford eventually had to pay to Leeds for Iestyn Harris's registration £550,000 , so does that make him the worlds most expensive player ?

Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Tue 03 Jul 2012, 11:54 am

How much was Fieldens move to Wigan?

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 03 Jul 2012, 12:04 pm

£440,000 , but is the Harris 'fee' classed as a transfer ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 03 Jul 2012, 3:56 pm

If possible things getting worse at Bradford as the Administrators cancel a planned meeting with the players without warning .

full story
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/18686404

the one bright light could be that Brian Noble is thought to have offered to take on the coaching in the short term .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 03 Jul 2012, 4:14 pm

Teams announced for the England v Exiles game

England: S Ratchford (Warrington); J Charnley (Wigan), L Cudjoe (Huddersfield), R Atkins (Warrington), T Briscoe (Hull); M Smith (Salford), D Brough (Huddersfield); E Crabtree (Huddersfield), J Roby (St Helens), G Carvell (Warrington), C Ablett (Leeds), J Wilkin (St Helens, capt), J Jones-Buchanan (Leeds).
Interchange: R Burrow (Leeds), L Mossop (Wigan), L Farrell (Wigan), S Taylor (Hull KR).

Exiles: B Hodgson (Warrington, capt); J Monaghan (Warrington), J Moon (Salford), D Millard (Catalan), F Meli (St Helens); D Holdsworth (Salford), S Dureau (Catalan); A Laffranchi (St Helens), H L'Estrange (Bradford), E Lauaki (Wigan), W Manu (Hull), S Menzies (Catalan), S Soliola (St Helens).
Interchange: K Leuluai (Leeds), A Kaufusi (London), L Withers (Hull KR), C Mika (Hull KR).
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 03 Jul 2012, 6:20 pm

Stefan Ratchford at Full back! really, and what is this fascination with Carl Abblett?
Other than that, i think it's a good side, and its slightly strange that both teams line ups are better than the 1st games. I think this will be a better game. Plus personnally its good to see 3 Rovers players getting recognition, and also Danny Brough who's been brilliant for the last 3 years.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 03 Jul 2012, 6:27 pm

Hey guys. Don't know an awfull lost about Rugby League but have watched a fair few games over the past couple of seasons, and now starting to enjoy it

I was just looking to see if you guys had any interest in setting up a league kinda of like what the rubgy union/football guys have in the near future, I think it would be kind of cool if we could get a person to manage a team in the superleague. Like I said, I don't know an awful lot and only know a hand-full of players from each team, but if it was something you guys would consider I wouldn't mind helping out OK

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 04 Jul 2012, 9:07 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyleague/article-2168886/Ryan-McGoldrick-leave-Castleford-Tigers.html
McGoldrick to leave Tigers

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 04 Jul 2012, 9:50 pm

Exiles beat England 32 - 20

England were very disjointed and really didn't deserve to win
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content