The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AP this weekend and the summer Tour

Go down

AP this weekend and the summer Tour Empty AP this weekend and the summer Tour

Post by HQ matt Tue 20 Mar 2012, 9:24 am

Back to the aviva prem this weekend but I am still stuck in international mode. Apart from Tuilagi and briefly Lawes, Lancaster largely stuck with the squad he selected at the start of the tournament. Players coming back from injury or playing themselves into form were left to do so at AP level, most notably toby flood. So with the LV now out of the way the final push for the playoffs and HC places is getting under way, all the returning players and the ones that have established themselves will be looking to book their place on the plane to SA over the coming weeks.

My question is who do we expect to see putting in the big performances this weekend and over the coming weeks.

My picks:

Toby Flood- Still englands best best fly half IMO. Leicester have momentum after the LV win, I expect to see some match winning performances from him.
Ben youngs- Pressure off slightly at club level, again momentum at leicester I expect to see him stake his claim for a return to the starting 15.
Tom Wood- Fantastic since his come back from injury, the closest england have to an international class 7.
Danny care- Still one of the best scrum halves in the country, with his recent misdemenours has a lot to prove.
Joe Marler- Didnt get the oppotunity to show his worth this 6 nations, will be itching to get out there for quins and show what england missed out on.
Jonny May- The wingers didnt stand out in attack in the 6 nations so the oppotunity to impress is definately there for others, mays form has to put him at the top of that list, alongside clubmate sharples. (also keen to see wades return from injury)

I could actually names a few others but will leave that to you guys.

HQ matt

Back to top Go down