The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proska: I was fighting like a wuss.

+2
manos de piedra
hampo17
6 posters

Go down

Proska: I was fighting like a wuss. Empty Proska: I was fighting like a wuss.

Post by hampo17 Tue 20 Mar 2012, 4:48 pm

Former European middleweight champion Grzegorz Proksa (26-1, 19 KO) rests in his hometown Wegierska Gorka after the toughest fight in his career. Last Saturday in Sheffield the 27-years old Pole lost by
majority decision to Briton Kerry Hope (17-3, 1 KO). Proksa doesn't want to make excuses and hopes that he will get the rematch soon..

" I lost, because I was fighting like a wuss. That's my fault, I don't want to look for cheap excuses. After the head clash in the 2nd round I didn't see anything out my left eye. I was afraid that the referee could stop the fight due to my injury and I could lose by TKO. My whole tactical plan came a cropper. I was fighting with Briton, the judges were British, but I always box overseas and I'm accustomed to it ", Proksa told Super Express.

" I want to fight him again, the stake does not matter. To me, this is personal now. I know I'm better than him and I'll prove it in the rematch ", he added.

Don't see what the british judges had to do with anything and that really sounds like sour grapes to me.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Proska: I was fighting like a wuss. Empty Re: Proska: I was fighting like a wuss.

Post by manos de piedra Tue 20 Mar 2012, 5:31 pm

I dunno I think it sounds ok. He puts the blame on himself. Unfortunately Britain is getting a reputation for early stoppages and if he has been in any way familiar with Terry O'Connor, Ian John Lewis or even watched something like the Khan/McCloskey fight then one could say he was well within his rights to be worried!

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Proska: I was fighting like a wuss. Empty Re: Proska: I was fighting like a wuss.

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 20 Mar 2012, 6:01 pm

His attitude is a little different from our own Amir Khan's when it comes to a defeat, good on him. Think he took Hope lightly and didn't respect him to start off with, coupled with the cut it was a totally different fight and too late to change. Think he would win a rematch being fully prepared.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 20 Mar 2012, 6:03 pm

What don't get is he says he's not going to make any excuses, but in the very next sentence, makes an excuse?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 20 Mar 2012, 6:13 pm

Sort of what I meant SOF, I don't get what he means by fighting Britain either?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 20 Mar 2012, 6:25 pm

He feels he got screwed but i didn't really have a problem with the result. He says he always boxes overseas and is accustomed to it but he's not as his fights very rarely last the distance. It's his own fault and he knows it, there is a chance he could be outboxed again in a rematch. Would look forward to a rematch.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Wed 21 Mar 2012, 6:49 am

Here's "Hoping" he gets the rematch though. I still think he could win a belt, may need to tighten up the olde dee-fense first though, seemed very open at times despite the good head movement.

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:27 pm

Well he does have a very valid point about British judging. But he accepts the loss with good grace and is very humble. Lovely bloke eh. Unlike Hatton who is still blaming the ref for the Floyd loss or Froch who is still bleating on about being robbed against Kessley and the ABA final. Get over it already.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down