The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Massa's new chassis: a prelude to dismissal?

+2
Critical_mass
laughinggasman
6 posters

Go down

Massa's new chassis: a prelude to dismissal? Empty Massa's new chassis: a prelude to dismissal?

Post by laughinggasman Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:00 am

After the Australian GP Ferrari announced that they were going to give Massa a new car to see if this could improve his poor performance. In Malaysia it has not worked (though of course wet weather always mixes things up) with Alonso winning and Massa again pointless, well down the field. A couple of questions spring to mind:

1. The public announcement of the new car for Massa. Is this Ferrari saying look it's not us, we are going prove it is all Massa's fault before we fire him?

2. As I watched Perez chase Alonso, will these two be team mates in a few races time? Bearing in mind Perez has been highly rated by the experts since he came into F1, there were mutterings about him potentially having a future at Ferrari last year, and he drives a Sauber-Ferrari.

Most pundits seem to be giving Massa until the Monaco GP. I have a feeling we may see a change by Barcelona.

laughinggasman

Back to top Go down

Massa's new chassis: a prelude to dismissal? Empty Re: Massa's new chassis: a prelude to dismissal?

Post by Critical_mass Mon 26 Mar 2012, 1:49 pm

I dont think Ferrari were quite saying that when they gave massa a new chassis, i think they were actually tryign to help him improve. But obvisouly hasnt worked. Ferrari have at least got to be seen helping massa before getting shot haha.

Perez, well i think that performance couldnt have come at a better time and will just help perez secure massa's seat.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Massa's new chassis: a prelude to dismissal? Empty Re: Massa's new chassis: a prelude to dismissal?

Post by Guest Mon 26 Mar 2012, 2:04 pm

i dont think it will be long before perez replaces massa at ferrari to be honest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon 26 Mar 2012, 2:37 pm

Nope latest end of the season.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 26 Mar 2012, 3:39 pm

Well, Massa is going to have to turn things around pretty dramatically if he wants to keep his seat at Ferrari.

Given that Sauber are Ferrari's unofficial feeder team, I've no doubt arrangements could be made to have Sergio jump into Felipe's car before the end of the season, if Massa doesn't show a drastic improvement.

My personal feeling is that Massa just isn't happy there. If he wants to continue in F1 I think the best thing he could do is secure a drive with another team, where he will be at least guaranteed equal opportunities to win / score points.

For what its worth, I'd also hate to see a talent like Perez consigned to being Alonso's wingman.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Wed 28 Mar 2012, 7:04 pm

To be fair Massa should have gone last season as he has clearly not hit back his pre accident form..

I understand they gave him another season out of loyalty and fair play, but i think this season is taking it too far, its not easy when you have a driver like Alonso by your side but he has also clearly dropped in form. Its not helping Ferrari and their constructor chances and also it means Alonso is up there on his own all the time with no team mate taking points off other top drivers or supporting Alonso..

I would like to have seen Di Resta come in, but this Pirez guy looks promising also.

It cost them team quite allot to sack Riki so maybe they just do not want to pay Massa off.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Wed 28 Mar 2012, 7:34 pm

tunes666 wrote:Its not helping Ferrari and their constructor chances and also it means Alonso is up there on his own all the time with no team mate taking points off other top drivers or supporting Alonso..

I have said this for a while now. Alonso needs a competitive team mate. It will like you say assist him with a championship assault with a team mate that takes points off his rivals. Plus it will push him to work harder to beat his new, competitive team mate. It will produce some real magic within team Ferrari.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Thu 29 Mar 2012, 11:40 am

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:
tunes666 wrote:Its not helping Ferrari and their constructor chances and also it means Alonso is up there on his own all the time with no team mate taking points off other top drivers or supporting Alonso..

I have said this for a while now. Alonso needs a competitive team mate. It will like you say assist him with a championship assault with a team mate that takes points off his rivals. Plus it will push him to work harder to beat his new, competitive team mate. It will produce some real magic within team Ferrari.

Yes I agree until a message comes over the radio saying ; Hey; Fernando is faster than you Whistle

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down