The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Player of the Year

Go down

Who has been the Player of the Year?

Player of the Year Vote_lcap3%Player of the Year Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
Player of the Year Vote_lcap0%Player of the Year Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Player of the Year Vote_lcap6%Player of the Year Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 4 ]
Player of the Year Vote_lcap0%Player of the Year Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Player of the Year Vote_lcap83%Player of the Year Vote_rcap 83% 
[ 53 ]
Player of the Year Vote_lcap2%Player of the Year Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Player of the Year Vote_lcap6%Player of the Year Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 4 ]
 
Total Votes : 64
 

Player of the Year Empty Player of the Year

Post by sportform on Tue 27 Mar 2012, 8:09 pm

This maybe a little bit early but it's getting near to the awards part of the year so who has been the Player of the Year for you? Feel free to add any comments and discussion below.
sportform
sportform

Posts : 1440
Join date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Tue 27 Mar 2012, 8:22 pm

Grant Holt obviously Yahoo
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 47625
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 25
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by packofwolves on Tue 27 Mar 2012, 9:50 pm

Not an Arsenal fan but I just can't look past RVP for player of the year. He has carried them and has been superb throughout the season so far.

packofwolves

Posts : 304
Join date : 2011-04-05
Age : 28
Location : The Wild Wild West (Midlands)

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by WillyGilly on Tue 27 Mar 2012, 10:31 pm

RVP without a doubt. Anyone else is madness? What's Joe Hart doing in there sorry?
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Posts : 3384
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 30
Location : Lisburn

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by two_tone on Wed 28 Mar 2012, 10:40 am

ollyrules wrote:Grant Holt obviously Yahoo

Yeah... Rolling Eyes

two_tone

Posts : 818
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 34
Location : Brighton

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by Guest on Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:12 am

Demba Ba - Sensational season scoring 16+ goals this season on a free transfer. ACON upset his rhythm being away for a month

Joe Hart - What the hell? Seriously you are an idiot. Clearly Tim Krul is the keep er of the season hands down

Wayne Rooney - World class player and he's performed and carried united this season maybe to another title. Will score 25+ goals, you can't ask for more

David Silva - Technically superb and was unplayable for the first half of the season and was the front runner. A combination of people targetting him and his failing to adapt to the physicality of the english game has seen his performances since February drop considerably.

Michel Vorm - Fantastic debut season and produced a variety of world class saves for Swansea, however I think he's definitely pipped to the goalkeeper of the year by his fellow countryman Tim Krul

Robin Van Persie - Will end up scoring 30+ league goals and has single handely saved Arsenal's season and possibly his manager's job. Unplayable for the majority of the season and without doubt the winner of the player of the year.

Other players who deserve a mention for this category are -
Scott Parker
Fabricio Coloccini
& Grant Holt

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by liverbnz on Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:18 am

I thought you would have plumped for Lewis Hamilton there John before telling the whole world they haven't a clue what they're talking about if the dare to disagree. Wink

liverbnz

Posts : 2958
Join date : 2011-03-07
Age : 36
Location : Newcastle, County Down

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by Guest on Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:28 am

liverbnz wrote:I thought you would have plumped for Lewis Hamilton there John before telling the whole world they haven't a clue what they're talking about if the dare to disagree. Wink
Laugh

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by TopHat24/7 on Wed 28 Mar 2012, 2:02 pm

John wrote:Demba Ba - Sensational season scoring 16+ goals this season on a free transfer. ACON upset his rhythm being away for a month

Joe Hart - What the hell? Seriously you are an idiot. Clearly Tim Krul is the keep er of the season hands down

Wayne Rooney - World class player and he's performed and carried united this season maybe to another title. Will score 25+ goals, you can't ask for more

David Silva - Technically superb and was unplayable for the first half of the season and was the front runner. A combination of people targetting him and his failing to adapt to the physicality of the english game has seen his performances since February drop considerably.

Michel Vorm - Fantastic debut season and produced a variety of world class saves for Swansea, however I think he's definitely pipped to the goalkeeper of the year by his fellow countryman Tim Krul

Robin Van Persie - Will end up scoring 30+ league goals and has single handely saved Arsenal's season and possibly his manager's job. Unplayable for the majority of the season and without doubt the winner of the player of the year.

Other players who deserve a mention for this category are -
Scott Parker
Fabricio Coloccini
& Grant Holt

Agree pretty much all of the above (apart maybe from Rooney). I've gone with RVP, stand-out winner for me.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 36
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by davidl1061 on Wed 28 Mar 2012, 2:21 pm

Why is somebody an idiot for putting Joe Hart in the original poll, he has played very well for Man City this year. If you think Krul has played better that is your opinion and is also the reason there was an option of other in the poll.

For me though it has to be RVP, carried the team through the rough patch and has looked dangerous all season

davidl1061

Posts : 681
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 36
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by TopHat24/7 on Wed 28 Mar 2012, 3:13 pm

Actually didn't see the Hart comment - disagree with that!

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 36
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by Ent on Wed 28 Mar 2012, 4:19 pm

Only rvp has performed over the whole season so it has to be him.

Ent

Posts : 7337
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by Imperial Ghosty on Wed 28 Mar 2012, 4:24 pm

two_tone wrote:
ollyrules wrote:Grant Holt obviously Yahoo

Yeah... Rolling Eyes

Does get a bit boring after a while doesn't it.

Have gone for Rooney, his goals look like they could potentially drive United towards another league title, special mention to Valencia who has been superb also.

Imperial Ghosty

Posts : 10156
Join date : 2011-02-15

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by The Special Juan on Wed 28 Mar 2012, 4:43 pm

RVP. Has carried a bottom half of the table Arsenal team to the brink of a Champions League spot. Can't do much more than that.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Posts : 20900
Join date : 2011-02-14
Location : Twatt

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by Kenny on Wed 28 Mar 2012, 7:11 pm

Has to be RVP how can it not be ?
Kenny
Kenny
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 42528
Join date : 2011-05-29
Age : 50
Location : In a corner of my mind

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by All Time Great on Thu 29 Mar 2012, 12:15 am

Redundant question. RVP has been head and shoulders above the rest.

Notable mention to Antonio Valencia for kick starting Man United into gear.

All Time Great

Posts : 711
Join date : 2011-03-15

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by Diggers on Thu 29 Mar 2012, 4:03 pm

I cant decide between Jordan Henderson or Andy Carroll...... Erm
Has to be RVP really, though I suppose if Rooney bags another 10 goals and Man Utd win the title then you could make a case for him.

Diggers

Posts : 8681
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by The Special Juan on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 11:23 am

Valencia has had a very good season.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Posts : 20900
Join date : 2011-02-14
Location : Twatt

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by paperbag_puncher on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 3:43 pm

No contest has to be RVP. Scary to think what he might have done over the years if he wasn't blighted by injury..

paperbag_puncher

Posts : 2516
Join date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by The genius of PBF on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 3:44 pm

John wrote:Demba Ba - Sensational season scoring 16+ goals this season on a free transfer. ACON upset his rhythm being away for a month

Joe Hart - What the hell? Seriously you are an idiot. Clearly Tim Krul is the keep er of the season hands down

Wayne Rooney - World class player and he's performed and carried united this season maybe to another title. Will score 25+ goals, you can't ask for more

David Silva - Technically superb and was unplayable for the first half of the season and was the front runner. A combination of people targetting him and his failing to adapt to the physicality of the english game has seen his performances since February drop considerably.

Michel Vorm - Fantastic debut season and produced a variety of world class saves for Swansea, however I think he's definitely pipped to the goalkeeper of the year by his fellow countryman Tim Krul

Robin Van Persie - Will end up scoring 30+ league goals and has single handely saved Arsenal's season and possibly his manager's job. Unplayable for the majority of the season and without doubt the winner of the player of the year.

Other players who deserve a mention for this category are -
Scott Parker
Fabricio Coloccini
& Grant Holt


Parker Laugh Coloccini Laugh Holt Laugh And you got the nerve to tell people on here they know nothing about football.

The genius of PBF

Posts : 1552
Join date : 2011-06-03
Age : 43
Location : Las Vegas

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by The genius of PBF on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 3:49 pm

I think Carrick deserves a mention back to his best this season after a difficult year before...Should be a starter in the Euros.

As for the winner would have gone for Silva but he has gone off the boil in the last few months so it has to be Van Persie.

The genius of PBF

Posts : 1552
Join date : 2011-06-03
Age : 43
Location : Las Vegas

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 4:46 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:
John wrote:Demba Ba - Sensational season scoring 16+ goals this season on a free transfer. ACON upset his rhythm being away for a month

Joe Hart - What the hell? Seriously you are an idiot. Clearly Tim Krul is the keep er of the season hands down

Wayne Rooney - World class player and he's performed and carried united this season maybe to another title. Will score 25+ goals, you can't ask for more

David Silva - Technically superb and was unplayable for the first half of the season and was the front runner. A combination of people targetting him and his failing to adapt to the physicality of the english game has seen his performances since February drop considerably.

Michel Vorm - Fantastic debut season and produced a variety of world class saves for Swansea, however I think he's definitely pipped to the goalkeeper of the year by his fellow countryman Tim Krul

Robin Van Persie - Will end up scoring 30+ league goals and has single handely saved Arsenal's season and possibly his manager's job. Unplayable for the majority of the season and without doubt the winner of the player of the year.

Other players who deserve a mention for this category are -
Scott Parker
Fabricio Coloccini
& Grant Holt


Parker Laugh Coloccini Laugh Holt Laugh And you got the nerve to tell people on here they know nothing about football.

Well obviously you don't! For their teams Parker, Coloccini and Holt have been the best players Very Happy I should know I love Holt Yahoo
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 47625
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 25
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by All Time Great on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 10:28 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:I think Carrick deserves a mention back to his best this season after a difficult year before...Should be a starter in the Euros.

As for the winner would have gone for Silva but he has gone off the boil in the last few months so it has to be Van Persie.

Carrick's only really come into form since Paul Scholes returned to the side, which is no coincidence. I think Antonio Valencia's contribution to Man Utd this season has been outstanding. A proper winger.

All Time Great

Posts : 711
Join date : 2011-03-15

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by sportform on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 11:44 pm

The reason I put Joe Hart on there was because he has kept the most clean sheets and in a number of games made important saves which have kept Man City in games. They say a good save is worth the same as a goal and in that case Hart has been worth a good number of goals this season.

It's no surprise Robin Van Persie is way out in front though.
sportform
sportform

Posts : 1440
Join date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by Guest on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 10:01 am

ollyrules wrote:
The genius of PBF wrote:
John wrote:Demba Ba - Sensational season scoring 16+ goals this season on a free transfer. ACON upset his rhythm being away for a month

Joe Hart - What the hell? Seriously you are an idiot. Clearly Tim Krul is the keep er of the season hands down

Wayne Rooney - World class player and he's performed and carried united this season maybe to another title. Will score 25+ goals, you can't ask for more

David Silva - Technically superb and was unplayable for the first half of the season and was the front runner. A combination of people targetting him and his failing to adapt to the physicality of the english game has seen his performances since February drop considerably.

Michel Vorm - Fantastic debut season and produced a variety of world class saves for Swansea, however I think he's definitely pipped to the goalkeeper of the year by his fellow countryman Tim Krul

Robin Van Persie - Will end up scoring 30+ league goals and has single handely saved Arsenal's season and possibly his manager's job. Unplayable for the majority of the season and without doubt the winner of the player of the year.

Other players who deserve a mention for this category are -
Scott Parker
Fabricio Coloccini
& Grant Holt


Parker Laugh Coloccini Laugh Holt Laugh And you got the nerve to tell people on here they know nothing about football.

Well obviously you don't! For their teams Parker, Coloccini and Holt have been the best players Very Happy I should know I love Holt Yahoo

The genius of PBF - Doh

Well done mate Laugh

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by drsambo1928 on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 5:57 pm

Has to be Van Persie. Star plyer this season.

drsambo1928

Posts : 483
Join date : 2012-03-30

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by alanqlm on Fri 06 Apr 2012, 5:41 pm

Has to be RVP.... though would have Yaya Toure in the list... as influential for Man City as anybody else this season probably more so than Silva over the last few months.

alanqlm

Posts : 635
Join date : 2011-03-19

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by cherriesfna on Fri 06 Apr 2012, 5:51 pm

HESKEY!!!!!!!!!!



Spoiler:
Player of the Year Heskey-em_1525896i
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Posts : 7056
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 25
Location : Between Bournemouth and Hayling

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by Guest on Fri 06 Apr 2012, 5:54 pm

hard to vote against RVP to be honest.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by The genius of PBF on Tue 17 Apr 2012, 7:18 pm

John wrote:
ollyrules wrote:
The genius of PBF wrote:
John wrote:Demba Ba - Sensational season scoring 16+ goals this season on a free transfer. ACON upset his rhythm being away for a month

Joe Hart - What the hell? Seriously you are an idiot. Clearly Tim Krul is the keep er of the season hands down

Wayne Rooney - World class player and he's performed and carried united this season maybe to another title. Will score 25+ goals, you can't ask for more

David Silva - Technically superb and was unplayable for the first half of the season and was the front runner. A combination of people targetting him and his failing to adapt to the physicality of the english game has seen his performances since February drop considerably.

Michel Vorm - Fantastic debut season and produced a variety of world class saves for Swansea, however I think he's definitely pipped to the goalkeeper of the year by his fellow countryman Tim Krul

Robin Van Persie - Will end up scoring 30+ league goals and has single handely saved Arsenal's season and possibly his manager's job. Unplayable for the majority of the season and without doubt the winner of the player of the year.

Other players who deserve a mention for this category are -
Scott Parker
Fabricio Coloccini
& Grant Holt


Parker Laugh Coloccini Laugh Holt Laugh And you got the nerve to tell people on here they know nothing about football.

Well obviously you don't! For their teams Parker, Coloccini and Holt have been the best players Very Happy I should know I love Holt Yahoo

The genius of PBF - Doh

Well done mate Laugh

Errr not true Bale and Ba have been the best players...Holt is cack let I remind you Charlie Adam was getting the same plaudits as Holt last year and we all know Adam has been out of his depth at Liverpool this season...Put Holt in a top team and he will be out of his depth.

I know more than you and John about football...You will be back in the championship where you belong in 2 years. Laugh

The genius of PBF

Posts : 1552
Join date : 2011-06-03
Age : 43
Location : Las Vegas

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Tue 17 Apr 2012, 8:42 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:
John wrote:
ollyrules wrote:
The genius of PBF wrote:
John wrote:Demba Ba - Sensational season scoring 16+ goals this season on a free transfer. ACON upset his rhythm being away for a month

Joe Hart - What the hell? Seriously you are an idiot. Clearly Tim Krul is the keep er of the season hands down

Wayne Rooney - World class player and he's performed and carried united this season maybe to another title. Will score 25+ goals, you can't ask for more

David Silva - Technically superb and was unplayable for the first half of the season and was the front runner. A combination of people targetting him and his failing to adapt to the physicality of the english game has seen his performances since February drop considerably.

Michel Vorm - Fantastic debut season and produced a variety of world class saves for Swansea, however I think he's definitely pipped to the goalkeeper of the year by his fellow countryman Tim Krul

Robin Van Persie - Will end up scoring 30+ league goals and has single handely saved Arsenal's season and possibly his manager's job. Unplayable for the majority of the season and without doubt the winner of the player of the year.

Other players who deserve a mention for this category are -
Scott Parker
Fabricio Coloccini
& Grant Holt


Parker Laugh Coloccini Laugh Holt Laugh And you got the nerve to tell people on here they know nothing about football.

Well obviously you don't! For their teams Parker, Coloccini and Holt have been the best players Very Happy I should know I love Holt Yahoo

The genius of PBF - Doh

Well done mate Laugh

Errr not true Bale and Ba have been the best players...Holt is cack let I remind you Charlie Adam was getting the same plaudits as Holt last year and we all know Adam has been out of his depth at Liverpool this season...Put Holt in a top team and he will be out of his depth.

I know more than you and John about football...You will be back in the championship where you belong in 2 years. Laugh

How on earth can you say you know more about footie than I do Headscratch
Well I think we will prove you wrong tbh, I can see us and Swansea staying for many years to come
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 47625
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 25
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Tue 17 Apr 2012, 8:45 pm

By the way if Holt is cack then why is he the second highest English scorer this season? Surely that would make Welbeck, Sturridge, Defoe all cack as they play for teams who get a heck of a lot more chances than Norwich do
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 47625
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 25
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by TopHat24/7 on Tue 17 Apr 2012, 9:46 pm

ollyrules wrote:By the way if Holt is cack then why is he the second highest English scorer this season? Surely that would make Welbeck, Sturridge, Defoe all cack as they play for teams who get a heck of a lot more chances than Norwich do

Doubt they get more chances as they play significantly fewer minutes. Defoe has hardly played all season for example, so no way has he had more chances to score than Holt.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 36
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by Josiah Maiestas on Tue 17 Apr 2012, 11:19 pm

On that list, Van Persie, Kompany should also be added.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Posts : 6700
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31
Location : Towel Island

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by Stella on Wed 18 Apr 2012, 11:07 am

Van Persie for me.

Silva first half and Scholes for part of the second half have been superb also.
Stella
Stella

Posts : 6671
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by mystiroakey on Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:02 pm

i think i owuld have to wait till the end of te year in fairness..

if united win then i might go for rooney..

if aresnal get 3rd rvp is a great shout either way!

rvp at the moment though, rooney close second.

both players have seemingly carried the teams abit.

well actually scholes has also come good!

not sure i can single out any man city player in fairness

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 43
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by Josiah Maiestas on Wed 18 Apr 2012, 1:56 pm

Arteta's stats are great for Arsenal, Grant Holt shouldbe added just for his 77 fouls.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Posts : 6700
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31
Location : Towel Island

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Empty Re: Player of the Year

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum