The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve Hansen ponders the year ahead...

+3
Biltong
drsambo1928
Taylorman
7 posters

Go down

Steve Hansen ponders the year ahead... Empty Steve Hansen ponders the year ahead...

Post by Taylorman Sat 31 Mar 2012, 5:22 pm

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10795628

Hansen seems to think all is good for our year ahead, has learnt from his Wales experience, and is confident in his sidekicks...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Steve Hansen ponders the year ahead... Empty Re: Steve Hansen ponders the year ahead...

Post by drsambo1928 Sat 31 Mar 2012, 5:30 pm

I think he will do well. Most likley a Tri nations and Grand slam tour.

drsambo1928

Back to top Go down

Steve Hansen ponders the year ahead... Empty Re: Steve Hansen ponders the year ahead...

Post by Biltong Sat 31 Mar 2012, 5:33 pm

Yeah pretty much what I expect too. Cry
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Sat 31 Mar 2012, 5:42 pm

Which Wales experience? I recall a rather chastening one in Wales a little after his tenure there.

Hope it comes to fruition. I want EVERY trophy in the cabinet. King Kong is no longer on our backs but the 3N/4N isn't there so we have a lot of work to do. Glad Cron is still there though.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 31 Mar 2012, 5:48 pm

I want EVERY trophy in the cabinet

I am sorry but that just is not acceptable. warning
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by drsambo1928 Sat 31 Mar 2012, 5:48 pm

I still think they'll win the 3N.

drsambo1928

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 31 Mar 2012, 6:12 pm

Good luck to him. I liked Steve Hansen and although the win ratio was awful he did some good work on developing players and styles of play.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by drsambo1928 Sat 31 Mar 2012, 6:15 pm

I don't support the All Blacks and to be honest I hope they lose but I know they just wont. I have a strange paradox with them, I love to watch them play but hate to see them win.

drsambo1928

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Sat 31 Mar 2012, 6:26 pm

Ha so do you Biltong. You should always have something to strive for. Otherwise you can only go downhill. Remember 2009 when you guys pretty much had everything?

Dr Sambo I was the same with the Aussie cricket team of 10 years ago. I just admire them but hope my team beats them. Not that it ever happened.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by drsambo1928 Sat 31 Mar 2012, 6:29 pm

Dr Sambo I was the same with the Aussie cricket team of 10 years ago. I just admire them but hope my team beats them. Not that it ever happened.
Yeah its a horrible place to be. Its so confusing, I don't want them to get knocked out of the world cup for the entertainment but wish at the same time Tonga beat them. Its not fair.

drsambo1928

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 31 Mar 2012, 7:44 pm

I do hope his over confdence does not come back tock to haunt him.

Playing Ireland should not cause him too many problems.

Ireland may not have been at their best in the 6ns. But their is no need to be over confdent in winning against them?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 31 Mar 2012, 7:46 pm

I do hope his over confdence does not come back tock to haunt him

Gee mate, I hope it does.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by drsambo1928 Sat 31 Mar 2012, 7:50 pm

biltongbek wrote:

me too

drsambo1928

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sat 31 Mar 2012, 9:31 pm

Hansen is between the rock and the hard place,he is an All Black Coach,with a team growing old around him.He has so many great players to choose from now,Conrad Smith,Nonu,Carter,Mealamu,Hore,Ali Williams,McCaw,Carter,who are unlikely to be there come 2015.
It is a fine line,he has to be a WINNING Coach,losing for the AllBlacks losing
is un acceptable. Ask those who lost RWC`s many great Coaches with proud records lose and your dumped.
Looking at the next Generation allthose age group players are coming thru,with experience they will still be THE team to beat.
For now he has a more or less settled squad,indeed with a fit Carter and McCaw
it could be stronger than ever.A mid field of Smith/Nonu or Kahui/SBW with DC pulling the strings is mouth watering.SH is now becoming an area of strength,back up 10`s etc.
Forward only at Lock,Brad Thorn is a huge gap,BUT players like Donnelly are great at lineout time.Also in the tight work.loosies the young guns are awesome
Todd,Whitelock jnr.,Sam Cane,Brad Shields,Braid Brothers,Latimer.
All putting there hands up,for now Donnelly for Thorn,Adam Thomson for Kaino,Dagg for Mealamu JOB DONE.
I don`t know the full itineray this year but 3 test s v Ireland,6Tests v 4N nations,Wales and England .plus probably another couple AI`s plus presumeably a 3rd Bledisloe Cup for cash somewhere.
Be surprised if they drop more than 2 tests during the year,there average since the 12/15 test formatt began.
Selection this year ,injuries permitting is a breeze,more a question of who not to pick.
Hopefully there will be test against the Pacific nations where the young guns can
get experience.Sadly Junior AllBlacks/Maori no longer contest Churchill/Pacific nations tests where they were so successful.
At least we can hope to see the Baby Blacks successfully defend there title later this year.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by drsambo1928 Sat 31 Mar 2012, 9:33 pm

Despite having older players NZ always has the backup, never doubt them.

drsambo1928

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 31 Mar 2012, 10:24 pm

drsambo1928 wrote:
biltongbek wrote:

me too

Now are you sure doctor?

I suppose if we have to be honest the ABs should win all 3 comfortably. Current form, history, home advantage and the new level of talent coming through here is all in favour of a series sweep.

New coach missing Thorn etc doesnt dispel the fact that a huge advantage exists at the on field team level and this is a new post henry post world cup side with a huge point to prove and be assured they'll hold nothing back.

What has happened to ireland between the oz and england wins last year and this years 6N I'm not sure but they will need to sort it quickly.

For the SH teams I think this year is about who is going to kick off the next 4 years as the outright leader and this will start with the summer tours. Wcup, 3N champs and an emerging bok side....

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by drsambo1928 Sat 31 Mar 2012, 10:26 pm

Again I would like the AB's to lose but i dont think it will happen

drsambo1928

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 31 Mar 2012, 10:40 pm

Speculation will be rife while the games have yet to be played. Any win will be a surprise but we should really have lost one by now anyway.
It will be good for irish rugby to get at least one so in that regard I would enjoy it with them to be honest. Another win for NZ is just that. But an Irish win is interesting to say the least.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down