The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outside Centre Choices of the Home Nations

+10
Sgt_Pooly
ChequeredJersey
wales606
thomh
sugarNspikes
George Carlin
timhen
gowales
Rory_Gallagher
maestegmafia
14 posters

Go down

Outside centres

Outside Centre Choices of the Home Nations Vote_lcap29%Outside Centre Choices of the Home Nations Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 35 ]
Outside Centre Choices of the Home Nations Vote_lcap29%Outside Centre Choices of the Home Nations Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 34 ]
Outside Centre Choices of the Home Nations Vote_lcap9%Outside Centre Choices of the Home Nations Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 11 ]
[ 34 ]
Outside Centre Choices of the Home Nations Vote_lcap4%Outside Centre Choices of the Home Nations Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 119

Poll closed

Outside Centre Choices of the Home Nations Empty Outside Centre Choices of the Home Nations

Post by maestegmafia Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:11 pm

Lets look at who the board rate as the best Outside Centre possible for the Lions next year.

Pick Two Outside Centre from the Poll below.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Outside Centre Choices of the Home Nations Empty Re: Outside Centre Choices of the Home Nations

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:15 pm

Not that I would vote for him, but surely Keith Earls should be in that poll as he was Ireland's starting 13?

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Outside Centre Choices of the Home Nations Empty Re: Outside Centre Choices of the Home Nations

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:20 pm

Plus, since in the inside centre poll there was a lot of off field choices (Beck, Henson etc) then Darren Cave should also feature in this one as an off field choice? He would be my choice for the form 13 in Europe, and had another fantastic game today..

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:24 pm

I was planning on adding Earls in the utility back and winger poll. Due to his diversity. He is sure to go in some capacity.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:26 pm

Yeah but a few players are in a few categories, and he was Ireland's 13 for the 6 nations.. plus any chance of having Cave in the poll?

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:30 pm

Yes ask a mod nicely and they might be kind enough to add cave and earls for you.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:33 pm

Tuilagi and Davies

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:36 pm

MODS! Could you please add Cave and Earls to this poll Wink

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:40 pm

gowales wrote:Tuilagi and Davies

I think Bod will make it, was in great form yesterday.

Davies and bod are my two

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by timhen Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:45 pm

Surely Ansbro should be the first choice representative for Scotland

timhen

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:49 am

timhen wrote:Surely Ansbro should be the first choice representative for Scotland
Yes, could the mods also add Ansbro and De Luca?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:33 am

A moderator can, if you ask them nicely to help. I mentioned this earlier and I am not sure it was understood.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:00 am

Could Biltong or RDS please add Cave, Earls, Ansbro and De Lukewarm to the list of available options in the poll (so that I can ignore De Luca properly)?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:19 am

I think the lions would be best served by using Tuilagi as a winger not a centre. He lacks the skills to play centre, doesn't pass, narrow view of the game, can't kick etcetcetc. As we all know.

But could be a very useful winger utilising his strength and pace.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:54 am

maestegmafia wrote:I think the lions would be best served by using Tuilagi as a winger not a centre. He lacks the skills to play centre, doesn't pass, narrow view of the game, can't kick etcetcetc. As we all know.

Roberts did ok in SA with a very similar skill-set (according to you).

These polls need sorting out as there are players missing and in the wrong polls. Can polls not be set up so the originator can change it himself when he makes these mistakes? Mods?

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:24 am

sugarNspikes wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:I think the lions would be best served by using Tuilagi as a winger not a centre. He lacks the skills to play centre, doesn't pass, narrow view of the game, can't kick etcetcetc. As we all know.

Roberts did ok in SA with a very similar skill-set (according to you).

These polls need sorting out as there are players missing and in the wrong polls. Can polls not be set up so the originator can change it himself when he makes these mistakes? Mods?

Three things regarding comparing Roberts to tuilagi, firstly Roberts was inside Center with bod outside secondly Roberts had bod with him, thirdly we were playing SA a team that did not have such a skillfull Center pairing as the wallabies will.

Tuilagi with Roberts inside would lack footballing ability, and passing. I would be very tempted to go with the opposite and have BOD and Jon Davies as the pairing. Maybe Tuilagi on a wing. Maybe with Roberts as a sub.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:27 am

I wouldn't play Roberts at all so that wouldn't be an issue.

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by thomh Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:51 am

maestegmafia wrote:Three things regarding comparing Roberts to tuilagi, firstly Roberts was inside Center with bod outside secondly Roberts had bod with him, thirdly we were playing SA a team that did not have such a skillfull Center pairing as the wallabies will.

Tuilagi with Roberts inside would lack footballing ability, and passing. I would be very tempted to go with the opposite and have BOD and Jon Davies as the pairing. Maybe Tuilagi on a wing. Maybe with Roberts as a sub.

Surely playing outside centre the lack of a kicking game would matter even less? I'd have Davies and Tuilagi as the pairing at this moment. I'm also not sure why the Wallabies having a skilled centre paring makes a difference here. Tuilagi is very good in defence, and whatever ball skills he does or doesn't have don't affect what his opposite number can do with the ball.

thomh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:56 am

You guys see Tuilagi as a massive asset, I see him as one dimensional and lacking experience.

The tour may develop him as a player, he may improve next season. But at the moment I would say that he is in the running as a back up bulk alternative to a more experienced player, Jamie Roberts.

Time will tell. Though I think the fact that he looked dynamic in a pedestrian England backline that struggled to score tries is not a reason to consider him an outstanding talent.

Especially not after watching a far superior player like ODriscoll on Saturday.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:04 pm

Well, maestegmafia. You might not rate him (or England or English players in general) but 606v2 has spoken and Manu seems to have quite a few backers Smile

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:16 pm

sugarNspikes wrote:Well, maestegmafia. You might not rate him (or England or English players in general) but 606v2 has spoken and Manu seems to have quite a few backers Smile

I do rate Manu, but not as an outside Center in comparison to the other options available.

With regards to England players in general I value them in this context no differently to any other nations players. This isn't a thread for you to make accusations. Trolling is not welcome.

Last edited by maestegmafia on Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:20 pm

Trolling? Eh?

I was just responding to your dig at England. Ok, we'll agree to disagree re. Tuilagi.

By the way, when are the other candidates going to be added to the poll. Can you sort it out please maesteg? Cheers!

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:34 pm

sugarNspikes wrote:Trolling? Eh?

I was just responding to your dig at England. Ok, we'll agree to disagree re. Tuilagi.

By the way, when are the other candidates going to be added to the poll. Can you sort it out please maesteg? Cheers!

Exactly my point I didn't take a dig at England...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:38 pm

Fair enough, though quite a few of your comments on these poll articles do seem that way.

Maybe it's just the way you write or the way I'm reading them Wink

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:40 pm

Thank you for the apology.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:45 pm

Oh, it wasn't an apology just an attempt to lighten up proceedings.

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:54 pm

At the moment,

12. JD2
13. BOD

22. Roberts

Backup : Tuilangi

Though BOD still needs gametime to prove himself.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:03 pm

wales606 wrote:At the moment,

12. JD2
13. BOD

22. Roberts

Backup : Tuilangi

Though BOD still needs gametime to prove himself.

Agree but BOD seems to be rejuvenated and on form. Let's hope it lasts next season as I think he has one more big year in him before retirement.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:00 pm

BOD and Tuilagi. JD2 covering 12 and 13

Last edited by ChequeredJersey on Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : no punctuation)
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:31 pm

I'd take Tuilagi & BOD as 13 options and Roberts/Barritt at 12

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:46 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:I'd take Tuilagi & BOD as 13 options and Roberts/Barritt at 12

No JD2?

Headscratch
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:52 pm

Of course, Tuilagi mightn't even be England's 13 in 12 months time
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:59 pm

wales606 wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:I'd take Tuilagi & BOD as 13 options and Roberts/Barritt at 12

No JD2?

Headscratch

Not a huge fan of Davies tbh

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:19 pm

JD2 and BOD, I am not in favour of SH players even if they are good enough. JD2 is an inside centre as is S Williams but both are better than the other options in the list.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:55 pm

glamorganalun wrote:JD2 and BOD, I am not in favour of SH players even if they are good enough. JD2 is an inside centre as is S Williams but both are better than the other options in the list.

I'm guessing you aren't a Faletau fan then..

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:10 pm

Davies is the best centre around at the moment. I picked him and Bod. With BOD theres a bit of hope on my part but if hes fit and playing well his partnership with Roberts as to be considered as well.

With Gatland as coach Roberts and Davies will definitly travel though, not that they dont deserve to.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:45 pm

Tuilagi & BOD but BOD needs to kick on a little if not JD

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:06 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
glamorganalun wrote:JD2 and BOD, I am not in favour of SH players even if they are good enough. JD2 is an inside centre as is S Williams but both are better than the other options in the list.

I'm guessing you aren't a Faletau fan then..

Correct, I was not happy during the last Lions tour with Flutey and Hamilton, the tour could become a joke next year with more players "qualifying" from the SH. I don't think Gatland is a good choice as head coach IMO.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by theslosty Wed May 02, 2012 11:27 pm

JD2 at 12 and BOD at 13. Davies is pretty under-rated in my book and BOD has looked very sharp since coming back.
theslosty
theslosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down