The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell us about your game today...

+51
liverbnz
MustPuttBetter
Davie
bluestonevedder
shclaff
kingraf
jimbohammers
BlueCoverman
MontysMerkin
boyhyde
gaelgowfer
I'm never wrong
Skydriver
puligny
beninho
Hemmingway
matelot golfer
drive4show
goldwolf
Humpyd
kwinigolfer
JAS
Shotrock
Roller_Coaster
Sand
SmithersJones
Slowride
Redrage
incontinentia
ralphjohn69
super_realist
Conehead
raycastleunited
oldshanker
Hibbz
Nay
number1hacker
Bob_the_Job
1GrumpyGolfer
golfermartin
Plunky
Fader
mystiroakey
dynamark
McLaren
Doon the Water
hend085
navyblueshorts
EmmDee57
4putt
barragan
55 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Tell us about your game today... - Page 12 Empty Tell us about your game today...

Post by barragan Wed 11 Apr - 19:30

First topic message reminder :

Fresh thread - you know the score: share some of your tales of woe, indifference and banditry with us all.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your game today... - Page 12 Empty Re: Tell us about your game today...

Post by barragan Sat 7 Dec - 22:47

Epic! Funny old game - best moments are the ones that completely catch you by surprise.
3/3 wins in our winter league. 3 group matches left. 2nd round greensomes next Saturday, hopefully we can keep the winning streak going.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your game today... - Page 12 Empty Re: Tell us about your game today...

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon 9 Dec - 9:14

Played like the middle no, more like the side No, definitely the end of the bell. Yes, that's it. I played like a bell end on Saturday. Lost 5&4, lost 4 balls and the will to carry on. We were stung by a 25 - 30 foot putt on the 5th to lose a hole then by a 20 footer to half a hole we thought we were nailed on for having already lost the 2nd with 2 lost balls and the third to a good birdie.

Had an uphill 135 yard approach to the 7th into a 2 club gusty breeze. Had 7 but changed it for a 6 to spectacularly air mail the green by 20 yards into the gorse. Lost the 8th to a 2. Stuck 2 drives in the field right on 10 before over compensating on 11 to pull it 80 yards left of target. Good up and down on 13 to win a hole (the only one I came in on where we didn't lose) then 3 jacked the 14th to lose hole and match to a par.

Bad day at the office all round. 

Still, laughed it off and had a burger and a bovril to celebrate my ineptitude. Together, they were the only things I could be relied on to hold all day.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Mon 9 Dec - 12:14

Through to the semis of our winter knockout BB after a 1 up win on a beautiful sunday morning match. Giving away 6&7 shots so things a bit more tricky these days. 1 over through last 6 holes helped to secure win, but course very short which is really helping the higher hcap players, so pleased to get through.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 9 Dec - 12:57

Think I had one of my worst games of the year yesterday. Generally been a good year though.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Mon 9 Dec - 21:14

Xmas scramble on Saturday 9 birdies at least 2 poor holes missing from under 10 feet.
However in the prizes around the wine area rather than the packet of biscuits area.
Rules item though as we were walking in I noticed a group where they left the balls on the putting green without marking so at the end there were four balls surrounding the hole.I mentioned it to one after and his response was well we left them there if they were past the hole.My understanding is that it is a penalty if any ball hits the ball of a team member regardless-equipment rule.
Any thoughts -George?

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon 16 Dec - 8:29

rotten match on saturday. partner and i didn't score too well.

highlights for me personally -

a nice wedge to 5 feet on 3.
25 foot curling putt on 5 for birdie.
nice 6 iron into about 15 feet on 7.
nice wind assisted drive to comfortably make the 250 yard carry over the burn on 8 (nice 4 iron to the front of the green as a provisional after partner popped 2nd into the trees!).
good 3wood up the middle on 9.
good drives up the middle on 12 and 13 and nice greenside bunker shots to about 5 feet on each.
good drive up 17.

lost 2&1. other guys played well, 9 and 15 handicapper. 15 handicapper could hit it quite far, but had pretty poor course management. also thought he could hit an 8 iron from 150 uphill into a 30mph breeze (soon found out he couldn't when it went about 100 yards forwards and 40 yards back!!).

fun playing in such a breeze, unusual direction - rare to play so many holes at duddingston with a cross-wind.

don't think we'll bother entering the greensomes again next year. it's a pain to only play 1/2 to 2/3s of a round when its your only game of the week. also, contrary to what you'd think - greensomes can be unbelievable slow format. much quicker with our 4bbb last week (3h15 rather than 3h40 this week...). so much time wasted choosing the drive - especially if you're on opposite sides of the fairway or 60 yards away from one another.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon 16 Dec - 8:53

Average 45 miles an hour breeze, forecast increasing plus many, many raindrops together with tales of balls being blown uphill on greens by the few that tried it = called off.

Quite pleased as it was chuffing horrible but now there is the risk of that being that until second week in January for me.

Still, it starts getting lighter for longer next week. Tide turning, summer coming...

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Mon 16 Dec - 9:56

Warm, sunny, very hung over Sunday morning roll up. Easy 4 birds on the front 9 destroyed by what can only be described as sobering up. Note to self, try playing peed more often...
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon 23 Dec - 11:34

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Wasn't called off on Saturday. High winds and joined by horrible, horrible rain for the back 9. Lost 2&1. Drove well considering but that's about it. Fortunately the gore tex worked and the only damp bits were caused by neck gap. Partner (only doing me a favour by standing in as a sub), however, had some trousers that were split and only a showerproof top. Utterly soaked and then was ill in the evening as a result.

Prize presentation on Saturday night and got an extra win I'd forgotten about. Added to the chunk I knew I'd won and the pre payments I've been making since the summer that's the subs done for next year.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Mon 23 Dec - 14:48

No game for me at the weekend, course was closed after suffering the effects of the recent heavy rainfall. Lots more rain today won't help the situation so not expecting to get much golf in over the holiday period.

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 30 Dec - 19:47

Well that's me done for 2013, on way up to see mammy for New Year, stopped off in Southport last night and played S&A today. Strangely I had the whole front 9 to myself (probably down to the "lovely" weather) took a dousing on the front 9 as it was too windy to put a brolly up. By the turn I'd caught the 4ball I saw teeing off as I was ordering my bacon butty. No problem, they'll let me through...eh yeah on the bloody 17th. I know it's not a race but it wasn't exactly a day for hanging about :-/. Not sure if they never looked or they were just bloody minded, ignorant or both. Anyways, somehow managed to scrape 30 points, lovely course and to be honest in decent nick considering the battering it must have taken weather wise in the past week or 2.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 30 Dec - 21:35

You played alone JAS? Didn't they find someone to pair you up with?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 31 Dec - 6:44

Lol yesterday Davie?? I was expecting to be paired up when I booked yes. It was members only before 12 and I was the only visitor tho. The last members (the slow 4ball) went off about 11.00. The Pro said to me after I had my bacon sarnie, "just go now if you want, no need to wait until 12" Had a quick putt and teed off just after half 11.

Last edited by JAS on Tue 31 Dec - 6:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 31 Dec - 8:01

Shame JAS - never as good on your own

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Tue 31 Dec - 21:30

Finished the year on a high with my best ever round a nice 76.

This is only second time I have shot under 80 so gives me something to build on next year.

Considering the aim at the start of the year was just to beat a 100 regularly it has been a pretty succesful year.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 1 Jan - 14:39

Nay Bother wrote:Finished the year on a high with my best ever round a nice 76.

This is only second time I have shot under 80 so gives me something to build on next year.

Considering the aim at the start of the year was just to beat a 100 regularly it has been a pretty succesful year.

Well done NB fantastic effort and great way to finish the year.

Happy golfing everyone in 2014 thumbsup 

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Sun 12 Jan - 13:47

First game of the year yesterday. Conditions glorious overhead but pretty boggy underfoot. 4 temps meant it wasn't qualifying but played really well to be level par for the front nine and 21pts. Disappointing 14pts on the back nine though.

On one of the holes with a temp I drove the ball to within 3" for a tap in eagle!! Not sure whether a hole in one would feel the same on a shortened hole. What do others think?

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon 13 Jan - 9:09

Yes, it would to me and I'm sure you'd have to buy the beers for everyone that didn't get one!

Had an eagle on a shortened one myself, lovely low cutting driver about 230 to 8 foot and boxed it. Only hole we won on Saturday though going down 3&2. Drove well and hit some good irons and a few great chips, unfortunately only able to scrape halves. One of the oppos played well off his 15 with solid course management making bogey for par easily most of the time and a few well placed par for birdie to win a few. My putting a bit off, but improved over the previous week (where I had neither line nor length). Struggled with a few wet ground fat/splat wedges. Still, lovely and sunny and wind was down on previous week so all in all a nice day to be out there.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Mon 13 Jan - 11:35

Lost our first winter league match in 2 years yesterday. Winter greens with hard frozen worm casts on. How many putts stopped dead or bounced a foot offline! But no probs for the oppo, knocking in 10-20 footers all over the shop. Did well to only lose 1 down, with a birdie putt on the last for a half. Hit a pleasing putt from four feet that must have ended up 3 ft wide of the mark. My partner and I peed ourselves laughing in the end cos the whole thing was a bit of a farce.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue 14 Jan - 12:27

If I got a hole in one on roller coaster's 230 yard par 4 I would celebrate it for a couple of seconds and then leave it at that. Sadly it would not feel like a proper hole in one to me.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 14 Jan - 13:39

Ray - Is it the fact that it is on a temp (ie would you see any temp as "not real hole in one") or length (ie it's a par 4 but only long par 3 length)? Still bet the people in the clubhouse would class it as one and grab a cheeky brandy off you! Agree it's not the same as a "real" one per hole design perhaps, but I'd certainly take it and have a wee chirrup and bounce around as they're rare enough events anyway.

That particular hole has been shortened about 70 yards by using front tee and pulled back temp, but they won't adjust the par (suppose it's only a number anyway, particularly in our matchplay), the hole itself is the same size as a normal one (ie not a winter bucket) so it would still have a merit to me (possibly, arguably more so than a "normal" 150 yard par 3). The only thing I'd mark it down for on merit if I did get one there would be the fact that it is just tee, fairway, green with no hazards so you are pretty safe going for it rather than laying up.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Tue 14 Jan - 21:18

I think you're pretty much describing the hole I got my eagle on Roller. I'm not sure of the exact shortened length (I'm sure some of my partners could with their noncey laser measuring devices) but it could only be 240 max as that tends to be the limit of my drives especially in the winter when I'm wrapped up like a mummy.

I'd certainly have celebrated if it had gone in, hell I made enough of a fuss over getting a two but I just don't think it would have felt the same as if I'd done it on a 'legitimate' hole.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Wed 15 Jan - 9:46

You had an ace before Hibbz?
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 15 Jan - 11:02

The reason I wouldn't make such a fuss is because it is not a "proper" golf hole. It's shortened significantly from its regulation length and playing to a temp which is presumably located on the fairway in front of all the greenside hazards.

It would feel more special to get a hole in one on a 100 yard par 3 in summer, playing normal tee to normal green. I'm sure it is much more of a feat to get a 230 yard hole in one, so there is little logic behind my feeling. Incidentally, I would also feel it less of an achievement to get a hole in one from the yellow tees - has to be the white's!

Hey I'm purely speculating here. Never had a hole in one... would love to know what it felt like, although ironically I have gone one better and had an albatross.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Wed 15 Jan - 11:35

Funny that you see an albatross as one better - I would think getting in the hole in one shot is better - funny how the mind works!
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed 15 Jan - 11:45

Cheers Ray - just being curious. I get your perspective, but as they are difficult/infrequent enough I reckon I'd be as happy whatever the circumstances. Had one near albatross (18 inch eagle putt) and that'd be as good to me. The only problem with them is they're generally likely to be too far away to see!

Had 2 holes in 1 in qualifying comps off proper tees and greens etc and none on shorter tees/temps etc so can't say how I'd actually react on those ones. For the "real" ones I had it was just a fairly calm "that's got a chance" before it went in (one spun back in and was in front of a crowd from the pub I drink in which was nice and one landed a couple of foot short and left and rolled in down the slope - I think I called the second one in flight). Then when they dropped it was a couple of high fives and congratulations from partners and other groups nearby before bringing the buzz back down to try and close out the round. I'm nearly as pleased at being able to hold the remainder of the round together after each one (first one finished +4 off 6 and second +5 off 5).

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 15 Jan - 11:47

No I agree with you Monty, a hole in one is definitely more special than an albatross.

I just think it is ironic because a hole in one is usually an eagle (on a par 3) and technically an albatross is better, but less kudos, even though I am unlikely to ever do it again and pretty much nobody I know will ever record one (though plenty of people at my club will have registered an ace once in their life on a par 3).

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Wed 15 Jan - 12:05

Actually thinking about it an albatross is probably harder and therefore a bigger achievement. Probably doesn't beat writing '1' on the card tho!
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 15 Jan - 12:31

Roller that must have been pretty cool to spin it back into the hole in front of a crowd. Always good to have witnesses. Most people (me included) play their best shots when they are alone Whistle

I was a bit disappointed with the lack of witnesses for my albatross. It was on the 18th at Littlestone, right in front of the clubhouse. There were people on the putting green and 1st tee right next to the green and none of them saw it. Neither I nor my playing partner saw it either as the green is raised. When we got to the green and my ball was nowhere to be seen we both assumed it had gone over the back... spent ages looking for it.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Wed 15 Jan - 19:22

MontysMerkin wrote:You had an ace before Hibbz?

Yeah I had one over 20yrs ago aged 16. Must be due another one soon............

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 17 Jan - 1:49

What does it actually mean to get a hole in one?

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Fri 17 Jan - 8:47

It's when your tee shot goes straight into the hole.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Fri 17 Jan - 9:05

laughing

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri 17 Jan - 9:17

McLaren wrote:What does it actually mean to get a hole in one?

From an existentialist point of view, a hole in one means as much as the player wants it to mean.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 17 Jan - 9:28

McLaren wrote:What does it actually mean to get a hole in one?

I suppose all it means is that you achieved the outcome of the shot you intended before you hit it. I mean, we don't approach a par 3 most of the time, trying to miss the hole do we? (obviously depends on the length of the hole and pin position, but you get the general idea)

On a simple level I suppose it's not much different from chipping or putting in that respect. I'm trying to hole all of those too, just a bit more impressive of the tee.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Fri 24 Jan - 11:46

nipped out for a few holes on my own yesterday. first time i've played on my own for a while and it was a good chance to work a bit on the areas of my game that are poorest.

right now that meant getting some shot time with my new 3-wood and hybrid which have been in the bag for about 10 weeks now but mostly overlooked as the new driver has been hard to knock out of my hands thanks to its reliability. driver stayed in the bag for the first few holes an i enjoyed (on the whole) hitting some decent shots with the new metals. clear highlight was a terrific wind assisted 3-wood from 248(nikon)yards to 8 feet, followed by a dissapointing lip out for eagle on the 8th hole. not to worry, pleasing on the whole and i plan to make sure i hit a fair few on saturday too so i can built up some confidence with these clubs before my next match.

onto the short game then, and after a silly thinned 8iron on my first hole i hit some lovely chip shots. tempo and commitment seemingly are the keys for me in this area, so i tried to put all technical thoughts to the back of my mind and the results were good. i actually hit a handful of chips to gimmie range which is quite unlike me. must get out a bit more for some low pressure course practice and hopefully that will weave its way into my card-in-hand play.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Sun 26 Jan - 14:04

Home course in Hampshire is on chalk Downland, so drains extremely well. Played 12 times in last 4 weeks, with one soaking and the rest have been really pleasant. On a couple of occasions even sunny! During that spell have played on 4 temporary greens only, when greens staff have been doing work, not because of weather.
Well aware that many courses have been closed, or had severe restrictions, so don't wish to appear smug - but, anyone else riding out the storm? Maybe some of you on links courses?

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sun 26 Jan - 19:05

I played my 2nd course yesterday (probably for the last time as a member - see other thread). It was open but it was carry only and they had 9 temps. By and large the fairways and greens are OK but very soggy off piste.

Last weekend I had 2 rounds on my home course, fully open, no temps, no trolley bans but yes you can see the damage, again generally OK fairway & green but some of the green to tee walks are rather quagmireish. Given a decent break in the monsoonery I'm sure both will recover fine.

For the record yesterday and last Saturday I was bang on handicap, last Sunday....Um I permit myself 1 shocker a month and that was it.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 26 Jan - 20:02

JAS,
A friend of mine owns a golfcourse, and he lets golf-carts, not just trolleys, out in all conditions, even when ground is saturated as the remnants of the 100-inch ave snowfall melts.
Mantra is: I can grow grass but I can't grow cash!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sun 26 Jan - 20:39

We've been back "fully" open again for 10 days now. There was a week where it was down to 9 holes only but all 18 have been back since a week last Friday. There were a few days "tee up everywhere" and two par fours cut to par 3s. Only three temp greens though.

Buggies have been banned and members have been asked to carry if they can .. but no trolley ban in force

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon 27 Jan - 9:45

V windy on Saturday and sodden everywhere, lots of umming and aaahhing about whether to close the course or not. Decided to keep it open (only 14 holes) so set out against the top of the league pairing with my partner saying we've got to give them a game, it wouldn't be fair on the rest of the teams near the top if we didn't go out and play. So, he walks in after 4 because he's duffing a few and it's windy and the ground is wet, leaving me out there on my own to the inevitable beating 4&3. Cheers, thanks for that, very pleased especially when he knew the forecast and could have said sod it on Friday giving me at least a chance of getting a sub in (there was one guy in the clubhouse who didn't get a game and would have happily played). Annoyed.

Played well and (surprisingly) won 3 holes but no chance really on my own against 2, but kept them at bay as long as I could only being 1 down after the 12th but then lost 13, 14 and 15 (2 to net birdies and one to the only real error I made losing a ball) for the proverbial early bath.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand Mon 27 Jan - 11:08

That's pretty poor from your mate. Many a time, either I or one of my mates have been having a shocker and wanted to go in, but someone is on a score so you take one for the team.

Not surprised you were annoyed, I certainly would have been too.

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Mon 27 Jan - 12:06

Davie I'm surprised your course is fully open with no temps. I imagined that pretty much every course in the south (apart from links / downland) would have some restrictions.

I played on Saturday... 18 temps, the course was generally playable from the fairways, but a few new water hazards if you strayed off line. Felt like I was playing Sawgrass.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Mon 27 Jan - 12:38

kwinigolfer wrote:JAS,
A friend of mine owns a golfcourse, and he lets golf-carts, not just trolleys, out in all conditions, even when ground is saturated as the remnants of the 100-inch ave snowfall melts.
Mantra is: I can grow grass but I can't grow cash!

kwini there's a golf club near to me where the joke is that the owner will only close the course when the tills are flooded!  Laugh

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 27 Jan - 12:39

THe degree of saturation is amazing. Nice for drop and stop though.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Mon 27 Jan - 13:00

January has been a write off at my home club, the water retaining Essex clay has seen the course unplayable for a number of weeks now.

I've been playing my golf at Felixstowe on the Suffolk coast which is only a 45 minute drive for me. A lovely traditional links course that you can play for a very reasonable £25 at the weekends if you are with a member. They offer a second club membership as well which is slightly different from the normal country membership in that there is no restriction on how far away you have to live from Felixstowe, providing that your handicap remains based at your home club. Seriously considering joining as the cost is only £400 a year. Perhaps JAS should suggest a similar scheme to his second club for their consideration!

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 27 Jan - 16:55

raycastleunited wrote:Davie I'm surprised your course is fully open with no temps. I imagined that pretty much every course in the south (apart from links / downland) would have some restrictions.

I played on Saturday... 18 temps, the course was generally playable from the fairways, but a few new water hazards if you strayed off line. Felt like I was playing Sawgrass.

Ray - we are one of the few in the area to have little restriction. As I say there were I think 3 temporaries at one point and two par 4s shortened to par3s (the 1st green and second tee are right down in the lowest part of the course so are the first to suffer - a temp was put in half way down the first and mat laid to play the 2nd from the fairway (the only mat in use - we never go to winter tees/mats)

The course is well known for being "a course of two halves" .. the front nine is very parkland (and can get quite wet) - the back nine is more links-like or perhaps a cross between links and heathland.

There was one day where it maybe could/should have been closed but as Captain's Drive-in day they did their best to get SOMETHING playable, which was the day we teed up everywhere including the rough

This weekend was still 3 temporaries but no shortened holes now (apart from tees pushed forward, but no adjusted holes) and back to regular winter rules so didn't have to tee up

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Mon 27 Jan - 18:48

Heard from a pal at Sherwood Forest. Apparently they have had 200ish trees knocked over in high winds over the past week! Course closed for some serious clearing up!

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by Plunky Fri 31 Jan - 19:29

Our local courses are all closed due to snow.  If it weren't for a recent business trip to bermuda (it's a tough job but somebody has to do it) we would be going crazy due to lack of golf.  January is the perfect time of year for bermuda as its typically warm, occasional showers, but not the main tourist season, so the courses are very quiet.  thumbsup

Plunky

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon 3 Feb - 20:46

I can chip and judge pitches from inside 80 yards again - YAHOOOOOOO!!!

Last 3 games i've been knocking quite a lot of chips close, and duffs have been extremely rare. Had a lightbulb moment when practicing when i realised i was gripping the club in my palm rather than across it. Coupling this with working only on my tempo, and my chipping has become reliable, bordering on impressive some of the time. Rather than worry about laying up to 85 yards, I'm looking forward to taking on that 40 yard finesse pitch I used to dread. Life is good.

My highlight of the winter so far occurred on Saturday. Having hit the pin with my 3rd shot to the par 5 1st (okay, so it would have probably been about 20 feet past it if it hadn't collided with the pin...), stiffed my 3rd shot on the par 5 8th from 60 yards (6inches away from a slam dunk), and following it up with another on the 11th from 100 yards... my moment came on the 17th. 50 yards short in 2, again, par 5, nipped my gap wedge...landed soft a couple of feet away and spun in for an eagle! Yahoo 

A few issues with consistency with my irons, but it's giving me plenty opportunity to practice my short game on the course  Very Happy 

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next