The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread - Page 11 Empty The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Post by Pal Joey on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:18 am

First topic message reminder :

by Big Daddy Bee on Sat Jan 29 2011, 05:39
So then people what really annoys you.

No matter how big or trivial it is, this is the thread to vent your anger and annoyance.

Last thread: https://www.606v2.com/t199p950-the-that-really-grinds-my-gears-thread

Last edited by Linebreaker on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:53 am

Also, I don't like it when they say, 'Kate has been taken to hospital'. Excuse me, but do you know her? She's royalty, she has a title. They don't say, 'Dave faced some tough questioning at PMQs', do they?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Post by Cari on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:50 pm

Ah but Lucky, that's to make the royals more ordinary and accessible to the minions...which they're not and never will be.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:15 pm

The biggest non news was on the day of the announcement on BBC News 24 we had reported that leader of SNP has offered his congratulations; then it was reported that leader of Plaid has ditto, then some named foreign leader. Dash it - the absolute max needed was simply to say that various political and other leaders from UK and around the world have offered their congratulations. Even that barely qualifies as news. steam

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:32 am

Don't worry people, I'm going out on a massive killing spree this afternoon to shake up the headlines.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:31 am

As long as Kate doesn't pass wind or a minor celebrity offers their congratulations you might make page 6 in the Express.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:48 am

I've got an accent so I should get saturation coverage in the Daily Mail.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:50 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:What annoys me about it is that the BBC have been showing clips of how the royal baby news is being reported around the world. I don't care how it's being reported elsewhere!

I couldn't really care how its reported here tbh
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:50 am

http://www.theonion.com/articles/cut-this-monster-out-of-me,30602/
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:32 pm

Got to love The Onion Very Happy

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:36 pm

Olly Murs really grinds my gears.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:55 pm

dummy_half wrote:Got to love The Onion Very Happy

Love the fact repulsive oppressive retarded regimes like the Chinese, North Koreans and Iran keep falling for it's spoof stories!! One of the Chinese rags did a massive spread on Kim Jung-Un when he wasted 'voted' sexiest man in the world (in the Onion) laughing

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:34 pm

What grinds my gears is the fact that i am not allowed to run down cyclists when the suddenly and without warning, cut across in front of you.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:26 pm

The idiots that are barracking the radio hosts for a prank call.

If you kill yourself over a prank call then odds are you were a few sandwiches short of a picnic to begin with. Not to mention nobody would've cared were it not for the sudden media darlings being involved.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:28 pm

If you're going to go after people who make prank calls then why not go after the people that waste the time and money of the emergency services.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:20 pm

The Money Shop adverts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:40 pm

FreekShow wrote:The Money Shop adverts.

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:54 pm

People who use 'lol' after one of their comments. And people who confusion stating a fact with stating an opinion.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D on Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:27 pm

Nakatomi Plaza wrote:People who use 'lol' after one of their comments. And people who confusion stating a fact with stating an opinion.

lol

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:41 am

I'm going to post this even though I realise the common feeling towards students is we don't know how good we've got it, but at the moment I'm doing a nursing course, which involves 6 months of theory (which is admittedly pretty cushty) and 6 months of placement where I work full shifts in the hospital, on top of this I get relativly short holidays by student standards (6 weeks) which I have no say in when there taken, I'm currently working a part time job on minimum wage around my full shifts at the hospital and often writing essays in the evening/night.

And the response to this that really winds me up is 'welcome to the real world'

Now I understand that life is much harder after school, compramises have to be made and you can't always get what you want.

But I swear everytime some Johnny 9-5 on 30k a year, 'welcomes' me to the real world it makes me want to put my head through a wall, I wouldn't mind if this was coming from people in a mildly comparable sitauation, but when I've worked a month straight and submitted 6000 words worth of essays, skipped numerous social events and have around £900 in the bank to show for it at the end of it, and someone who has done half the hours for twice the money has the cheek to utter that oh so patronising 'welcome to the real world'

AAAAHHHHRRRGGGG!!!

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:30 am

Stick with it DGH, nursing is a good and honourable profession, pay is decent as is job security (believe it or not given the press).

Tbh, I'm not sure how many Johnny 9-5's there are on as much as £30k pa. Grad positions in London pay £20-30k depending on profession and require 50+ hour weeks. NQT's earn around that much but do 50-60hr weeks (as they'll be more than glad to tell you!).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:38 pm

Irresponsible car drivers who think they can squeeze you off the road. Then use the excuse of "Frak off, you're just a bike"...

His wing mirror certainly regretted him saying that.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:40 pm

When Paula Radcliffe broke down and did her usual tearful pathetic feel sorry for myself act...at the Olympics four years ago!!!

The BBc commentary just basically stopped and focused on Radcliffe sitting down being consoled..for the next half hour!!!

and all we got was.....

"Poor old Paula, If she was fit she would have won the race"...Forget the fact we might want to watch the chinese bird actually win the race...

"Yes she's winning but Paula would beat her easily etc"

Shocking disrespect and shocking commentary...

Although Cram and Foster are notoriously rubbish..

Also the fact they highlight other Countries ped issues while giving your 400m bird a clean slate even though she was banned for forgetting to be tested 3 times in a row..

Like you do...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:47 pm

When you apparently have "super fast" wireless broadband and in the middle of an important post on here - the computer decides to automatically download some update which "should take a few minutes" but takes bloody ages it seems! steam

Must be sending those fecking cyber-crims in Romania or Panama crazy! Laugh
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:35 am

People who stand right on the edge of the platform at the exact spot where the doors will open before the train's got there, - presumably to show everyone they've caught it before.

Want to kick them in front of the damn thing when it arrives.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:52 am

People who push in. They know full well what they're doing.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:54 am

Galted wrote:People who stand right on the edge of the platform at the exact spot where the doors will open before the train's got there, - presumably to show everyone they've caught it before.

Want to kick them in front of the damn thing when it arrives.

I hate when you know where the doors are but you stay a polite distance back... then when the train comes some pimply student walks in front of you with earphones on and 'pretends' no one else is there. I just bash them out of the way and pretend they are not there!
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:18 am

Pedestrians wearing headphones are annoying. They don't look before they cross the road and there's no way they can hear a car coming. Even worse is cyclists wearing headphones. That's deeply irresponsible.

Also, I've seen a few people now wearing wooly hats that cover their ears and then headphones over the top of the hat. What's that all about?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:21 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:...
Also, I've seen a few people now wearing wooly hats that cover their ears and then headphones over the top of the hat. What's that all about?

Easy - they're tosspots.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:24 am

And there was me thinking they were fcukwits!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu on Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:21 am

dummy_half wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:...

Easy - they're tosspots.

Agreed.

Spoiler:
The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread - Page 11 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEwoxvapfsbXHEYmGIeswaHn4ksuR3c5t6VbeD32Zyp2KMSBag
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan on Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:55 pm

Cold callers. I furious kin hate them. 3-4 times a day these feckers call. I know some poor sods on the the other end on basic rate an hour but please. Someone called the other day from some realty company and asked if I was ok. I said I was cheesed off with being cold called and he agreed as he gets it all the time at home too! er... Hello! The worst part is we're registered with the TPS! Complaining to the ico or ofcom is a waste of time. Its time the gov craked down on these marketing companies.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:54 pm

Do you have a "Do Not Call" Register in the UK?

Huge fines ($950,000) apply in Australia if you're not an official registered charity or political party.... Whistle

Every now and then one will slip through - if I hear that pause with all that background office noise/chatter - then after that annoying "Hello?.... is that....?", I pause for 3 seconds then say "Telecommunications Ombudsman's Department.... how may we help you?"

They then tend to hang up fairly quickly.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:27 am

I get calls all the time for a Mr Ware. I'm always polite enough as I tell them there's no one of that name here, but the feckers just hang up, no apology or anything.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:30 am

You should just say "I'm not A Ware................................... of him."
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:35 am

Tumbleweed

Smile

One of these I'm going to pretend to be Mr Ware and find out why they're so keen to get hold of him.

But really, you'd think that by now, one of these cold callers would have had the sense to put a note on file, 'Mr Ware not known at this number'. It's not as if he's happened to be out every time they call.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:11 am

I know it has been mentioned, but the money shop adverts are possibly the worst adverts to have graced TV.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:52 pm

These stupid perfume adverts, which are overly dramatic and cringing and often have absolutely nothing to do with the product. For example, the one with the guy and the girl constantly clicking their fingers then doing an odious pose at the end.

The second is the by the worst with Scarlett Johanssen. Talking about her 'best feautures, my lips of course. For kissing' and 'i once had an italian boyfriend once' and crap like that, god i can't stand them!!

I can stand Scarlett though Wink

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:18 pm

Don't worry, Liam, once Christmas is over the adverts will stop - until next November!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London on Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:22 pm

Luckless, they could be after me.. maybe I've won something?!

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:21 pm

Agree with the perfume adverts. They're just...well, poncey and pretentious. Don't do anything for selling the product. Whilst on the subject of such adverts, why does every fashionable company insist on using that model with the horrible teeth? The one with the long blonde hair who looks like she could eat an apple through a tennis racket. Her teeth really need to be fixed.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:27 pm

Oh, I know the one: 'get the London look'.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:29 pm

That's her. She's done a few other similar adverts as well. I'm not a fussy about people's teeth generally, but she can't get away with it in her profession. Makes her look like a f**kwitted redneck or something.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:33 pm

Appearances can be deceptive and she could be a genius for all I know, but she looks either stupid or half-asleep. Maybe it's meant to be alluring.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:37 pm

Thought this was hilarious:

Spoiler:
http://1humor.com/img/upload/26042012081510-london.jpg

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:16 pm

There's a few models with teeth like that, I believe one (might be that one) is married to David Walliams. Apparently it's considered attractive....

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:21 pm

Not saying anything as I have a right gap between my front two!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:53 am

The woman sitting opposite me moaning about her weight and joints. It isn't ever 9am yet and he has eaten 3 bags of crisps and a snickers. I think I know what the problem is.

Also, Geordie shore. Awful program.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:56 am

Lumbering_Jack wrote:3 bags of crisps and a snickers.

Washed down with a Diet Coke?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:03 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:3 bags of crisps and a snickers.

Washed down with a Diet Coke?

Hahaha yes... You know the type.

Another one... Wearing a vest underneath a work shirt. Is it possible to achieve a more tacky look? Especially when you have about 3 buttons undone on your shirt.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:26 am

Companies who employ people with incomprehensible accents when part of the job entails making public announcements. I'm not referring to employees at various London stations at all.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum