The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

+64
Duty281
1GrumpyGolfer
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
SharkSoul
Mike Power
kingraf
VDT
theundisputedY2D2
BlueCoverman
rodders
FIFA Diva
rIck_dAgless
JubbaIsle
JPX
MIG
kittenv2
Diggers
Bathman_in_London
Breadvan
TRUSSMAN66
Dr Gregory House MD
VTR
Galted
Lumbering_Jack
westisbest
Fists of Fury
two_tone
Mr Bounce
Nakatomi Plaza
Corporalhumblebucket
trottb
Beer
Dave.
Scott is Back
JuliusHMarx
The Boss
Crimey
dummy_half
ShahenshahG
GSC
GG
Mike Selig
Ent
Liam
TopHat24/7
littleswannygirl
Il Gialloblu
as1079
B91212
alfie
Adam D
Mat
Cari
liverbnz
President Trump
Hero
eirebilly
Kenny
Good Golly I'm Olly
Derbyblue
Biltong
Enforcer
Luckless Pedestrian
Pal Joey
68 posters

Page 14 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread - Page 14 Empty The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Post by Pal Joey Mon 23 Apr 2012, 10:18 am

First topic message reminder :

by Big Daddy Bee on Sat Jan 29 2011, 05:39
So then people what really annoys you.

No matter how big or trivial it is, this is the thread to vent your anger and annoyance.

Last thread: https://www.606v2.com/t199p950-the-that-really-grinds-my-gears-thread

Last edited by Linebreaker on Sat 05 Oct 2013, 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Post by Galted Wed 23 Jan 2013, 8:08 pm

Horror/Supernatural Thriller films in which the kids are unfazed by the ghost - they're either blase or curious or even befriend whatever is haunting their house. Ffs, if I'd've seen a ghost when I was a kid I would have wet my entire room then fainted.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 24 Jan 2013, 7:50 am

I hate it when you pay to watch a horror film and it isn't scary in the slightest.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 30 Jan 2013, 12:38 pm

The out of touch police service. They refuse to move with the times and accept recruiting from outside could be advantageous if done properly.

And as I type this I watch 5 police officers help change a spare tyre for 46 minutes. Waste if money. Leave one to help and the other 4 can go and patrol.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 30 Jan 2013, 12:41 pm

The word 'literally' when used incorrectly especially by sports commentators.

'He literally took his head clean off then'

'They literally gave them a spanking'

'They literally had to drag themselves out of it'

No, they literally didn't do any of the above!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 30 Jan 2013, 12:44 pm

Hero wrote:The word 'literally' when used incorrectly especially by sports commentators.

A friend of mine uses it in just about every sentence "I literally woke up at 8" "I literally had to wait twenty minutes for a bus" where the sentence would work fine without it. Quite tempting to literally headbutt her.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 30 Jan 2013, 12:44 pm

If only it was just sports commentators. I put ITV2 on yesterday for You've Been Framed (there wasn't much else on) and the continuity woman introduced it by saying, 'get ready to literally laugh your socks off.' Then during the adverts they had a trailer for another ITV2 show that according to the voiceover is, 'literally unbelievable'.

If you don't know what a word means, don't use it!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 30 Jan 2013, 12:54 pm

Galted wrote:
Hero wrote:The word 'literally' when used incorrectly especially by sports commentators.

A friend of mine uses it in just about every sentence "I literally woke up at 8" "I literally had to wait twenty minutes for a bus" where the sentence would work fine without it. Quite tempting to literally headbutt her.

My five year old son has got into the habit of when I've asked what he's been up to at school or in general, he ends the sentence with 'in real life', so for example 'I've been playing hide and seek with my friend Finlay...in real life', I wonder if he has a lot going on in his head that also happens and the merger of the two is a bit hard to split.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 30 Jan 2013, 1:13 pm

Hero wrote:
My five year old son has got into the habit of when I've asked what he's been up to at school or in general, he ends the sentence with 'in real life', so for example 'I've been playing hide and seek with my friend Finlay...in real life', I wonder if he has a lot going on in his head that also happens and the merger of the two is a bit hard to split.

Oddly I recally using the phrase when I was a kid, mainly to differentiate between Bonanza/Shane/Iron Horse or whatever other Western was on the go and the more mundane real life outside.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 30 Jan 2013, 5:38 pm

Hero wrote:My five year old son has got into the habit of when I've asked what he's been up to at school or in general, he ends the sentence with 'in real life', so for example 'I've been playing hide and seek with my friend Finlay...in real life', I wonder if he has a lot going on in his head that also happens and the merger of the two is a bit hard to split.

Maybe he knows how much time you spend on here and is taunted you that he has friends...in real life. Wink

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Jan 2013, 6:00 pm

Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by kittenv2 Wed 30 Jan 2013, 6:23 pm

Positive discrimination.. cant really elaborate on that due to who my employers are censored
kittenv2
kittenv2

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 30 Jan 2013, 7:04 pm

kittenv2 wrote:Positive discrimination.. cant really elaborate on that due to who my employers are censored

Not just positive discrimination but the fact that if you dress a steaming turd like discrimination up with a word like "positive" it makes it more attractive to morons.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 30 Jan 2013, 7:27 pm

Crimey wrote:
Hero wrote:My five year old son has got into the habit of when I've asked what he's been up to at school or in general, he ends the sentence with 'in real life', so for example 'I've been playing hide and seek with my friend Finlay...in real life', I wonder if he has a lot going on in his head that also happens and the merger of the two is a bit hard to split.

Maybe he knows how much time you spend on here and is taunted you that he has friends...in real life. Wink

Well he got no bedtime story tonight...in real life!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 30 Jan 2013, 9:50 pm

kittenv2 wrote:Positive discrimination.. cant really elaborate on that due to who my employers are censored

The Police service? Or any government department.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 31 Jan 2013, 12:21 pm

The has beens that Sky/BBC drag out to offer an opinion on transfer deadline day
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu 31 Jan 2013, 12:24 pm

Kenny wrote:The has beens that Sky/BBC drag out to offer an opinion on transfer deadline day

More generally, the amount of coverage that 'deadline day' gets in the media. It's only football...

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 31 Jan 2013, 12:24 pm

Harry Redknapp in his car on Deadline Day.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 31 Jan 2013, 12:27 pm

Hero wrote:Harry Redknapp in his car on Deadline Day.

Is he sponsored by Range Rover ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 31 Jan 2013, 12:59 pm

dummy_half wrote:
Kenny wrote:The has beens that Sky/BBC drag out to offer an opinion on transfer deadline day

More generally, the amount of coverage that 'deadline day' gets in the media. It's only football...

The third story on the BBC's news homepage (news, not sport) is that Beckham's signed for Paris Saint Germain. There's been an Israeli air strike on Syria, but never mind, a former England international has moved from an American club to a French club!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Jan 2013, 5:38 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
dummy_half wrote:

The third story on the BBC's news homepage (news, not sport) is that Beckham's signed for Paris Saint Germain. There's been an Israeli air strike on Syria, but never mind, a former England international has moved from an American club to a French club!

OK how this warrants a story on the news, i will never know!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 11 Feb 2013, 4:38 pm

Sean Lock. The man just isn't funny yet somehow manages to hold down a position on 8 out of 10 cats.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 11 Feb 2013, 4:41 pm

I enjoy him tbf, though I can see why he isn't everyones cup of tea
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 11 Feb 2013, 7:18 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Sean Lock. The man just isn't funny yet somehow manages to hold down a position on 8 out of 10 cats.

I normally agree with your opinions but I think Sean Lock is about the funniest person I've heard (after Louis CK). I've been on the verge of p1ssing myself seeing him on 8/10 cats & QI, though oddly the bits of stand-up of his I've seen I didn't find too funny. His tirade on children acting on Big Fat Quiz Of The Year is choke-to-death-on-your-supper material.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 11 Feb 2013, 7:32 pm

Not sure what it is I don't like about him Galted. Think he tries to make too much of his jokes.

Jimmy Carr and the other team captain are very funny. Although John does play on his loneliness a little too much.

Speaking of comedy, one of the best out downs I heard was at a chubby brown show.

"Have you just farted because I've got a big wiff of Vaseline."

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 11 Feb 2013, 7:45 pm

Cheers, think I'll be using that one at work tomorrow.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 15 Apr 2013, 5:23 pm

When something states a price , but when you come to pay for it there are added extras
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 16 Apr 2013, 8:36 am

He's been mentioned before on this thread - Brian Blessed. Ruined the latest episode of HIGNFY - loud, shameless and unfunny, what a class A t1t.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 16 Apr 2013, 10:04 am

Car drivers who don't understand the rules of the road...

I.e. cyclists are legally allowed to filter and ride in the middle if the road. Muppets.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 16 Apr 2013, 10:14 am

Cyclists who flout the rules of the road.

Red lights and pedestrian crossings concern all road traffic, not just those with engines.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Tue 16 Apr 2013, 10:23 am

Kenny wrote:When something states a price , but when you come to pay for it there are added extras

On the other end of the scale, haggling for stuff here.

She says it costs 100, so I know it should be about 30. So I say 10. Then this happens:

Her - "90"
Me - "10"
Her - "80"
Me - "10"
Her - "50"
Me - "10"
Her - "50, best price. Cheap for you."

So I walk away and she shouts after me "Okay, 30!"

Just say 30 in the beginning, I'll pay 30, and we can both save time and effort instead of going through that ridiculous charade, again. I hate haggling. mad

Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 16 Apr 2013, 10:25 am

Il Gialloblu wrote:
Kenny wrote:When something states a price , but when you come to pay for it there are added extras

She says it costs 100, so I know it should be about 30. So I say 10. Then this happens:

Her - "90"
Me - "10"
Her - "80"
Me - "10"
Her - "50"
Me - "10"

Just say 30 in the beginning, I'll pay 30, and we can both save time and effort instead of going through that ridiculous charade, again. I hate haggling. mad

I think that's why armed robbery was invented.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Tue 16 Apr 2013, 10:27 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Cyclists who flout the rules of the road.

Red lights and pedestrian crossings concern all road traffic, not just those with engines.

You tell 'em!

Spoiler:
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Tue 16 Apr 2013, 10:29 am

Galted wrote:
Il Gialloblu wrote:

Her - "90"
Me - "10"
Her - "80"
Me - "10"
Her - "50"
Me - "10"

I think that's why armed robbery was invented.

Bit strong. It was only a USB stick!
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 16 Apr 2013, 10:32 am

Il Gialloblu wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Cyclists who flout the rules of the road.

You tell 'em!

Spoiler:

Haha! FU gillybob!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 16 Apr 2013, 11:31 am

Il Gialloblu wrote:

Her - "90"
Me - "10"
Her - "80"
Me - "10"
Her - "50"
Me - "10"

Sounds like Life of Brian! Laugh

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 16 Apr 2013, 11:50 am

Superb bargaining!

I hate those really thin plastic bags in a roll. Just spent a whole 3 minutes trying to separate the 2 sides of the bag. They were too tightly vacuum sealed and I couldn't get a grip. Partially panicked and had to use a knife to puncture it and blow through the tear.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Wed 17 Apr 2013, 2:50 pm

Car salesmen.

Long story, but the guy was a miserable git who just wound both me and the wife up the wrong way.

Can I also say I agree with both LJ and the Fat Controller - cyclists are allowed to filter through traffic, and indeed it is one of the advantages of commuting by bike (right up to the point someone opens a door on you), but normal road rules (such as red lights) still apply. As a cyclist, I get really hacked of with other cyclists who just blatantly flout the laws of the road.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 17 Apr 2013, 3:05 pm

The Ladbrokes adverts that are always on when football is on. Chris Kamara and that Italian guy are driving me crazy.

I used to like Kamara, but the joke is really running dry now.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 17 Apr 2013, 3:08 pm

I hope you walked away, d_h.

Never give people like that your business. You'll find a better deal elsewhere most likely. Unless it was a 'one of its kind' type motor vehicle.

It pays to do a practice run on some other oily salesman first. Be like Il G above... regardless of the fact he is in China. Think of the price you are willing to pay, then knock 5k off say... then don't raise your offer. Then walk out after 15 mins or so with a confident look on your faces.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 17 Apr 2013, 3:13 pm

dummy_half wrote:Normal road rules (such as red lights) still apply. As a cyclist, I get really hacked of with other cyclists who just blatantly flout the laws of the road.

Tell me about it. I cycled to work for two years and I always stopped at red lights. Even now that I drive to and from work, it still infuriates me when I see cyclists sailing through them and doing various other things that give all cyclists a bad name.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 17 Apr 2013, 8:47 pm

Agree, cyclists are a pain in the backside when they flout the rules of the road. In Newcastle you never see a policeman on the roads in the morning so sadly thy can get away with it all too often.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 17 Apr 2013, 10:30 pm

Dog walkers who collect up the poo into a little plastic bag and then leave the bag lying around on the pavement steam

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 23 Apr 2013, 1:25 pm

Why do so many songs these days have yodelling in them? Okay, it's not technically yodelling, but you know the kind of thing I mean: it began with that 'Someone Like You' song by Kings of Leon, then that stupid Coldplay song (I know that doesn't really narrow it down), now everyone's at it.

music Oh-oh-eh-ooo-oh... music

Shut the fluck up! tomato

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 23 Apr 2013, 1:28 pm

Laugh They are quite testing aren't they?

(your reply to the bloke that used test as a verb in some rugby thread the other day)

People who leave shopping centre trolleys in the middle of nowhere. A very bad look!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 23 Apr 2013, 1:48 pm

Or in a parking bay in the supermarket car park. Sometimes there are easily a dozen bays out of commission because there are trolleys in them. Is it really that hard to put them back where they're supposed to go?

I would love to have the job of keeping an eye on a supermarket car park and telling people about to dump their trolleys to put them in the right place. Also, I'd love to police the parking in the disabled and mother-and-child parking bays.*

* - Because I love being sworn and / or spat at.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 23 Apr 2013, 1:51 pm

I think there are some families (only about 200m from the shopping centre) and they just 'park' them out the front of their units.

I saw a bloke using one to load stuff into a removal van the other day too. He looked very sheepish.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 24 Apr 2013, 8:54 pm

My football team not being able to defend. Fk ing useless. furious

People at work who have no authority over me trying to boss me around.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 24 Apr 2013, 10:07 pm

westisbest wrote:My football team not being able to defend. Fk ing useless. furious

Pressure getting to you.... Whistle

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 24 Apr 2013, 11:41 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:
westisbest wrote:My football team not being able to defend. Fk ing useless. furious

Pressure getting to you.... Whistle

Yes.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 25 Apr 2013, 8:21 am

14 people die in a fertiliser plant explosion in the States: headline news, BBC reporters flown over there to bring us live coverage even when there's no updates to bring us.

At least 160 people die after a building collapses in Bangladesh: fourth or fifth story in the news, the BBC use a local journalist to tell us what's happening.

If only the poor b@stards had been white!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next