The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Olympic football tickets on sale - NOW!

+8
TopHat24/7
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
super_realist
LuvSports!
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Union Cane
Steffan
Adam D
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Olympic football tickets on sale - NOW! Empty Olympic football tickets on sale - NOW!

Post by Adam D Mon 30 Apr 2012, 11:00 am

Tickets for the London 2012 Olympic Football matches at the Millennium Stadium will go back on sale from 11.00am today.

Fans can book their place at Cardiff’s city-centre venue, which will host 11 football games between 25 July and 10 August, at www.tickets.london2012.com or via telephone on 0844 847 2012 until Sunday 6 May.

Following an exciting tournament draw last week, Cardiff will host Team GB Women’s team for the first event of the Olympic Games against New Zealand while in the Men’s tournament; highlights include Great Britain versus Uruguay on August 1.

Football fans will also have the opportunity to watch Brazil, seeded as the "all-time top Olympic performer", play Egypt in Cardiff on July 26.

Tickets start at £20 for adults, with special prices available for people under 16 and over 60 at many matches. ‘Pay your age’ prices are available for those under 16 and tickets for people aged 60 or over will be priced at £16. Tickets will be sold on a first come, first served basis.

The Olympic Football Tournament will take place at six iconic venues including the Millennium Stadium across the UK. So far approximately one million tickets have been sold for Football, with approximately 1.5 million still to sell.

Millennium Stadium General Manager Gerry Toms said: “The London 2012 football tournament in Cardiff is an exciting occasion for sports fans and I hope that people all over Wales will take advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and get their tickets to support the GB Team and be part of the Olympic Games in Wales.”

LOCOG Commercial Director Chris Townsend said: ‘Now that the draw has taken place, we are delighted to put remaining tickets on sale to see some of the world's most exciting young footballers in the Olympic Games. This is a great opportunity for people across the UK to be part of the Games, and see great matches at great prices’

Full details of contingency ticket sales and Paralympic ticket sales will be announced later this week. These tickets will go on sale in May.

Last edited by Adam D on Tue 01 May 2012, 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Olympic football tickets on sale - NOW! Empty Re: Olympic football tickets on sale - NOW!

Post by Steffan Mon 30 Apr 2012, 12:00 pm

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Olympic football tickets on sale - NOW! Empty Re: Olympic football tickets on sale - NOW!

Post by Union Cane Mon 30 Apr 2012, 12:07 pm

Spoiler:
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 30 Apr 2012, 12:10 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Spoiler:
Headscratch

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 30 Apr 2012, 12:14 pm

Despite all evidence to the contrary, they continue to rage against the inevitable, a futile gesture doomed to failure, a fly, if you will, against a high speed train.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 30 Apr 2012, 12:21 pm

The only thing doomed for failure is the Team GB football team. They wont do very well and this will be a one off anyway. Football shouldnt even be at the Olympics and neither should rugby or any other mainstream sport. Its just total greed that sports worth multi-millions are trying to hijack the Olympics. Dai Greene and Lyn Davies both said its getting out of hand. I love watching the Olympics for swimming, track and field, amateur boxing and judo but if I want to watch real international football il tune into the European Championships

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 30 Apr 2012, 1:51 pm

Steffan wrote:The only thing doomed for failure is the Team GB football team. They wont do very well and this will be a one off anyway. Football shouldnt even be at the Olympics and neither should rugby or any other mainstream sport. Its just total greed that sports worth multi-millions are trying to hijack the Olympics. Dai Greene and Lyn Davies both said its getting out of hand. I love watching the Olympics for swimming, track and field, amateur boxing and judo but if I want to watch real international football il tune into the European Championships

"They wont do very well" isn't much of a reason to opt out, there's plenty of athletes who'll turn up knowing they probably won't get to their event final across a fair range of sports.

I agree with you on limiting the sports though. Football, hockey, basketball and tennis don't really belong in the Olympics. Ditto Rugby 7s and golf when they are added.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 30 Apr 2012, 2:00 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:I agree with you on limiting the sports though. Football, hockey, basketball and tennis don't really belong in the Olympics. Ditto Rugby 7s and golf when they are added.
OK

As someone said on here before the best way to describe it is...if the Olympics is not the pinnacle of that sport then it shouldnt be there

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Mon 30 Apr 2012, 2:17 pm

http://richard-mills-sports.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/football-has-no-place-at-olympic-games.html

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 30 Apr 2012, 2:21 pm

I'll give it about three seconds before a commentator refers to GB as England and about five before a mention of 1966 is made.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 30 Apr 2012, 2:40 pm

super_realist wrote:I'll give it about three seconds before a commentator refers to GB as England and about five before a mention of 1966 is made.
I admire your optimism. 1966 coverage will get shown before the Team GB game even kicks off. 'Will David Beckham lead his side to glory like the great Bobby Moore did on home soil bla bla bla'

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 30 Apr 2012, 2:42 pm

To be fair though it will in all probability be 8 Englishmen with token representation from the other "countries".
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 30 Apr 2012, 2:44 pm

There's as much under 23 talent from other parts of the UK as there are from England.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 30 Apr 2012, 2:44 pm

Union Cane wrote:To be fair though it will in all probability be 8 Englishmen with token representation from the other "countries".
Doubt it Cane. Will be 11 Englishmen. Good attempt though Wink

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 30 Apr 2012, 2:46 pm

super_realist wrote:There's as much under 23 talent from other parts of the UK as there are from England.
Ignore Cane. He can have his name in as much blue or green writing on here as he wants...but his wumming skills are still up there with the best Very Happy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 30 Apr 2012, 2:58 pm

Under 23 I can only think of Bale, Ramsey and Forrest who would get into a team GB. If Forrest plays for team GB the Celtic fans will never forgive him and I will be one of them.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 30 Apr 2012, 3:04 pm

McCarthey and MacArthur from Wigan perhaps. Gary Mackay Steven and Jonny Russell. Gregg Wylde, Grant Adams, Joe Allan just for a start.

Who cares if Forrest plays for GB. I'd be happy to see a GB team permanently as we stink as independent nations. What is the point in being rubbish all the time, at least wed be as good as we can be together

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 30 Apr 2012, 3:16 pm

super_realist wrote:McCarthey and MacArthur from Wigan perhaps. Gary Mackay Steven and Jonny Russell. Gregg Wylde, Grant Adams, Joe Allan just for a start.

Who cares if Forrest plays for GB. I'd be happy to see a GB team permanently as we stink as independent nations. What is the point in being rubbish all the time, at least wed be as good as we can be together
I dont really rate Joe Allan. I am a Cardiff fan though so probably being biased against a Jack Laugh (im not really a Jack hater like some of us are)

James Forrest wont play for Team GB if he values his Celtic career. Anyone with such pro-British values belongs to the other team in Glasgow. Doubt I will forgive Ramsey and Bale if they do play even though they are our best players. They have been asked by the FAW not to. The same FAW that gave Ramsey the honour of captaincy of his country

As for a permanent Team GB to try and gain more success...why bother stopping at Team GB? Lets have Team EU then we can really dominate world football...

Doh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 30 Apr 2012, 3:19 pm

super_realist wrote:McCarthey and MacArthur from Wigan perhaps. Gary Mackay Steven and Jonny Russell. Gregg Wylde, Grant Adams, Joe Allan just for a start.

McCarthy isn't eligible because he plays for Republic of Ireland. Joe Allen maybe but the rest were quite funny good one. Hug
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 30 Apr 2012, 3:20 pm

Oh yeah I missed that one about McCarthy, let's be fair though, England under 23's aren't that good that they'd exclude the rest of the home nations.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 30 Apr 2012, 3:27 pm

There nothing special but between the other 3 nations combined we have even less to offer. Some might get in as a token gesture.

A boy like Forrest needs to really consider if it is worth it. The Celtic fans will never forgive him if he goes and they won't make life easy for him. Hooper on the other hand would get away with playing for them. Not sure if he's made the latest cut though
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 30 Apr 2012, 3:34 pm

I wish the Glasgow mafia would just drop this pathetic protectionism they have towards fervent opposition or die hard support of the Union depending on which side of the childish divide they live on.

Like it or not, Celtic is a Scottish club (albeit set up by tatty munchers) based in Glasgow and is therefore part of the Union. What does it matter if Forrest plays for GB, he's British.

High time this cod-oirish heritage was knocked on the head and no longer clung on to, and whilst you are at it, you can drop your token associations with being Catholic or Protestant too.

No wonder nobody is interested in Scottish football.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 30 Apr 2012, 3:38 pm

I have to say I'm against team GB. Nothing to do with Glasgow politics purely as a fan of Scottish football and the national team which the SFA feel is under threat from team GB.

This however like you said is not the reason most Celtic fans don't want him to go which is why he has a big decision to make.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 30 Apr 2012, 3:42 pm

I'd happily see the back of the SFA and the national team, I'd certainly like to see Levein banned from picking players who play here for the national team, SPL players significantly weaken the team.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 30 Apr 2012, 3:47 pm

I would rather see the back of the SPL and SFL although the SFA are just as useless.

I would sack Levein and give the job to Walter Smith. I would much rather we had a full squad made up of 23 Scots who all play SPL football rather than the Englishmen usually picked.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 30 Apr 2012, 3:50 pm

Nah, the level of competition in the SPL does not translate to the level of competition in international football.
What is it ranked by UEFA now, 23rd?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 30 Apr 2012, 3:54 pm

Something ;like that. The guys playing in the Premier are nailed on picks for me. It's the Englishmen like Bardsley and Morrison who will never play for England opt for Scotland just to play international football that bug me.

The Irish have done it for years now the Germans are doing it. UEFA or FIFA should step in it's getting ridiculous and is unfair on countries who work hard to produce talent.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 30 Apr 2012, 4:48 pm

Steffan wrote:
Kiwireddevil wrote:I agree with you on limiting the sports though. Football, hockey, basketball and tennis don't really belong in the Olympics. Ditto Rugby 7s and golf when they are added.
OK

As someone said on here before the best way to describe it is...if the Olympics is not the pinnacle of that sport then it shouldnt be there

So we'd be left with track/athletics and wrestling and weightlifting? Great.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 30 Apr 2012, 4:54 pm

Anyways, regards the OP, ticket availability was rubbish (for Wembley anyway). Dismal women's footy or a couple of nobody teams. Hardly makes up for laying £2k on Olympic tickets and getting awarded squat.

Guess I'll just be buying on the gate on the day......there's no way they've sold out Wembley!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Mon 30 Apr 2012, 9:38 pm

I'm amazed at how many non English football fans have chips on their shoulders! Shocked

Embrace it and enjoy it, its a one off.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Mon 30 Apr 2012, 10:40 pm

You don't see the bigger picture... It could affect our own national teams. Why take the chance over a diddy overhyped tournament.

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 01 May 2012, 9:22 am

RDuncan8 wrote:You don't see the bigger picture... It could affect our own national teams. Why take the chance over a diddy overhyped tournament.

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 01 May 2012, 9:25 am

FIFA have confirmed that it won't.

Haven't they?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Tue 01 May 2012, 9:25 am

"I'll give it about three seconds before a commentator refers to GB as England and about five before a mention of 1966 is made."

Priceless SR

5% of tickets for the Hampden football games already sold.
Surprised it is that much!
I wonder what bright spark thought that one up.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Tue 01 May 2012, 9:27 am

FIFA man speak with forked tongue.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 01 May 2012, 9:27 am

Union Cane wrote:FIFA have confirmed that it won't.

Haven't they?

We have a promise from Blatter for what it's worth.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 01 May 2012, 9:45 am

Doon the Water wrote:"I'll give it about three seconds before a commentator refers to GB as England and about five before a mention of 1966 is made."

Priceless SR

5% of tickets for the Hampden football games already sold.
Surprised it is that much!
I wonder what bright spark thought that one up.

Which is why the London Olympics should never have pandered to the regions and put matches on outside the M25.

Emirates, Boleyn Ground, WHL, Twickers, Wembley and Stamford Bridge would have sufficed.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Tue 01 May 2012, 10:19 am

Union Cane wrote:FIFA have confirmed that it won't.

Haven't they?

You believe FIFA? Wasn't that long a go England were going crazy about the whole corrupt organisation. Must be easy to forget when it suits you though...

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 01 May 2012, 10:39 am

Suits me? Why does it suit me?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 01 May 2012, 10:43 am

Steffan wrote:Doubt I will forgive Ramsey and Bale if they do play even though they are our best players. They have been asked by the FAW not to. The same FAW that gave Ramsey the honour of captaincy of his country.

Says the Cardiff fan quite happy for his team to play in the English league.

chin
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Tue 01 May 2012, 11:01 am

Union Cane wrote:Suits me? Why does it suit me?

Because you get to wave your Union Jack flag like a good little boy for a few weeks...

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 01 May 2012, 11:06 am

...whereas you can sit at home grumbling in an unintelligible manner at the TV.

Everybody's happy.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Tue 01 May 2012, 11:15 am

Well I wont be watching some overhyped U-23 tournament filled with clips of 1966.
Wave away Union Cane... "Land of hope and glory..." Laugh

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Tue 01 May 2012, 11:22 am

Quite agree Top hat
BTW who plays at Boleyn ground?

Mind you we are quite happy with London having the Olympics as pre booked tourism is up 25% in Scotland with folk wanting to get away from them.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 01 May 2012, 11:24 am

You have clearly misconstrued the relevance of the word "Union" in my username, probably due to that big deep-fried chip on your shoulder there.

Carry on...

Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Tue 01 May 2012, 12:34 pm

Your not denying that you will be waving your flag like a little boy creaming yourself over an U-23 tournament...

Team GB Yahoo

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 01 May 2012, 12:34 pm

Goodbye Duncan
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 01 May 2012, 12:37 pm

Couldn't care less to be honest mate, but anything that riles the sweaty socks is ok by me.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Tue 01 May 2012, 12:39 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:Goodbye Duncan

Copy and paste only mate!

What a joke your thread is. #proud Laugh

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 01 May 2012, 12:43 pm

RDuncan8 wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:Goodbye Duncan

Copy and paste only mate!

What a joke your thread is. #proud Laugh

Its a news thread special what u expect, goodbye.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next