The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy Carroll and Fernando Torres.

3 posters

Go down

Andy Carroll and Fernando Torres. Empty Andy Carroll and Fernando Torres.

Post by hampo17 Sat 05 May 2012, 7:19 pm

These two players have been the subject of many jokes over the course of the season, however in the last few weeks they've both hit form. Torres is scoring goals for fun, and looks like he's starting to find his feet at Chelsea, his goal against Barcelona was superb for a player under that much pressure he showed great composure. Andy Carroll is looking every bit the player he was at Newcastle, challenging for balls that he has no right to win and scoring some very important goals, his goal in the final today was very special and he showed he has great feet and his left foot is lethal.

These two players could and should have big seasons next year, Carroll has found his feet at Liverpool and should have started today, and Torres is looking a very special player again.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Andy Carroll and Fernando Torres. Empty Re: Andy Carroll and Fernando Torres.

Post by Guest Sat 05 May 2012, 7:37 pm

Carroll was a threat today but unless he can perform week after week then the jury will remain out.

Torres will look a totally different player next season with Drogba gone. Torres has proved he has class and Carroll hasn't yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 05 May 2012, 7:41 pm

I think Carroll would perform week in week out if he wasn't constantly dropped, a friend went to the Fulham game and said Carroll was the only player who gave
100% yet he was dropped today.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 May 2012, 7:47 pm

I don't think there are doubts about his application just his actual ability. I was surprised that he didn't start too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 05 May 2012, 8:02 pm

I think Dalglish needs to start showing some confidence in him because he's starting to really try harder and it's coming off, today and the Fulham game and in other big games he's looked our main threat. It's not even about playing hoof-football, just whip in crosses and he's now getting into the box and making a huge effort to connect with the crosses.

I was really disappointed not to see him start.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Sat 05 May 2012, 8:52 pm

Carroll is still very much a young man. For a big guy he has a great touch and his left foot is dynamite.

People are very quick to write players off but if Carroll starts to show more application in his work he can hopefully secure a starting position in the side.

If I was Hodgson he would be in my prelim squad for the Euro's. Depending upon what he sees in training he has a shot at getting on that plane.

The worrying thing for FT, is despite a return to some form he still seems to be missing that yard of pace he had at Liverpool and Athletico. He did start his footballing career very early- are we seeing a player whose passed his peak at 28 a la Micheal Owen?

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down