The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match thread Chelsea v Manchester United

+2
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Sara
6 posters

Go down

Match thread Chelsea v Manchester United Empty Match thread Chelsea v Manchester United

Post by Guest Sun 03 Apr 2011, 6:00 pm

Got a couple of days till the game so thought I'd get peoples predictions on line ups and results

I'm gonna say

Van Der Sar

Fabio
Smalling
Vidic
Evra

Anderson
Carrick
Giggs

Valencia
Rooney
Nani

Thats how I'd like to see us start, would have had Fletcher in but believe he may still be out. Would happily come away with a score draw and take them back to Old Trafford.

Prediction 1-1

Back to top Go down

Match thread Chelsea v Manchester United Empty Re: Match thread Chelsea v Manchester United

Post by Sara Tue 05 Apr 2011, 12:36 pm

Lets see, what normally happens at Chelsea is that we play well, lose and have some bad decisions made against us.....then it all kicks off! Lets hope tomorrow is different, I have read an interview with Vida where he says maybe we should play badly then we might win, lol Very Happy

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Match thread Chelsea v Manchester United Empty Re: Match thread Chelsea v Manchester United

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 05 Apr 2011, 12:55 pm

Ferdinand was training today he may be included.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 05 Apr 2011, 2:43 pm

my guess is the chelsea will will look this

cech

ivanovic
terry
luiz (can he play in c.l?)
cole

lampard
essien
ramires

malouda
drogba
anelka

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 05 Apr 2011, 5:19 pm

fernando wrote:my guess is the chelsea will will look this

cech

ivanovic
terry
luiz (can he play in c.l?)
cole

lampard
essien
ramires

malouda
drogba
anelka

Luiz can't play CL football Benfica were in the group stage
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Wed 06 Apr 2011, 10:31 pm

Get in there, great performance by the lads tonight. Its great to have Rio back. Its about time we got some luck at Stamford Bridge. Hopefully we can do well next week Very Happy

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 06 Apr 2011, 10:47 pm

can't see chelsea going through now. When man were on top they took their chances but when chelsea were on top they never that can be decisive in a 2 leg tie
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 06 Apr 2011, 10:49 pm

<grits his teeth very hard>

Congrats to man u, it was a lovely goal and they defended very well throughout (VDS was once again excellent)

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealth Maestro Agro Love Thu 07 Apr 2011, 7:54 am

Great to get the away goal, but we were lucky with the penalty decision. The booking for Torres was fair enough but the Evra foul on Ramires was one that should have been given. That said, first decision to go our way at Stamford Bridge in years, yayyyy! Wink

This isn't over yet though; it's the closest tie in the CL by a country mile and Chelsea only need one good move or lucky goal to even it up again. But at Old Trafford i'd like to think he could possibly grab another and hold on again like last night.

On another note: Michael Carrick, superb AGAIN last night, may not have been great for the last couple of seasons, but he's been much better for most of this season and people refuse to see that.

Stealth Maestro Agro Love

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 07 Apr 2011, 10:36 am

Cracking goal by Man Utd. everything about it just oozed class (and as a Liverpool fan that's hard for me to say! Smile )

Chelsea were denied a stonewall penalty at the end after Evra's foul on Ramires but apart from a brief spell in each half they never really looked like troubling Utd., there just wasn't enough sustained pressure.

There were some glimpses from Torres of what he can do, but he must be wondering what he has to do to get a goal - WHAT a save by Van Der Sar! - and I think that last night finally put to bed the debate about whether Torres & Drogba can play together - they can't. Chelsea looked far more threatening when they went 4-3-3 and if they want to stay in the Champion's League, Ancelotti needs to grow a pair and start either Torres or Drogba, not both.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down