The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"King" Kenny Resigns

+14
ReallyReal
Geordie
Kenny
Fernando
Josiah Maiestas
compelling and rich
GSC
lfc91
marty2086
dublfcynwa
TopHat24/7
Crimey
Gordy
The Special Juan
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

"King" Kenny Resigns Empty "King" Kenny Resigns

Post by The Special Juan Wed 16 May 2012, 4:19 pm

Kenny has resigned as Liverpool manager. It was expected.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

"King" Kenny Resigns Empty Re: "King" Kenny Resigns

Post by The Special Juan Wed 16 May 2012, 4:24 pm

Here we go!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18073446
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Wed 16 May 2012, 4:27 pm

I think Daglish should do the honourable thing and leave himself rather than potentially wreaking havoc with the fans and those inside the club that would not see him sacked due to his affiliation with the club. I posted on another thread that its my belief Daglish would have been sacked had he been another manager, given the league form and the money invested. Personally I dont rate the League Cup as a competition, although that may have saved him.

I imagine Benetiz would be the popular choice with the fans but I think it would be a mistake looking at the squad there. I think they should look to a British manager like O'Neil or Curbishly.

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 16 May 2012, 4:30 pm

Roberto Martinez more likely.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 16 May 2012, 4:53 pm

I think we're getting into serious danger now in terms of our managers, we're normally very stable with our managers but have had three different manager in three different years now and that is not good at all. I can only hope whoever FSG have in mind is a long-term option and they will stick with them through thick and thin for at least the next two seasons, within reason.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 May 2012, 4:57 pm

Kenny's mistake was his handling of the Suarez incident, which was calamitous for the club, both on and off the field. A more intelligent manager would have played down the incident and killed the story before it had time to grow and grow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Wed 16 May 2012, 4:59 pm

Nore Staat wrote:Kenny's mistake was his handling of the Suarez incident, which was calamitous for the club, both on and off the field. A more intelligent manager would have played down the incident and killed the story before it had time to grow and grow.

Excellent point. I thought that was handled extremelly badly and made both Daglish and Liverpool look out of touch.

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 May 2012, 5:03 pm

Personally an English manager like Alan Curbishley, should be looked at. There was a time when he was considered to be a superior manager than Alan Pardew.

I don't think it would be wise going back to a former manager that was sacked. Remember the problem with Rafa was he didn't improve the depth of the squad. He made Liverpool rather over-reliant on a few key players, and when they got injured that caused the problem. I think you need an energetic manager looking to refresh the side.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 16 May 2012, 5:06 pm

It was pitiful that it took an intervention from the much more savvy Yanks to clean up the mess.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 May 2012, 5:11 pm

If Liverpool are after a "foreign manager" with experience, then Capello and Eriksson are available ...

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Wed 16 May 2012, 5:52 pm

Kenny was sacked actually. Roberto Martinez can fook right off what the has he ever done in the game to even deserve to be linked with the Liverpool job?

Rafa Benitez proven manager at the top level, 2 champs league finals in his career, won one of them, enough said.

Roberto Martinez survived two relegation battles.

Last edited by dublfcynwa on Wed 16 May 2012, 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 May 2012, 5:55 pm

dublfcynwa wrote:Kenny was sacked actually. Roberto Martinez can fook right off what the has he ever done in the game to even deserve to be linked with the Liverpool job?

Rafa Benitez proven manager at the top level, 3 champs league finals in his career, won one of them, enough said.

Yes because Wigan should be right up there shouldn't they!

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 16 May 2012, 6:05 pm

dublfcynwa wrote:Kenny was sacked actually. Roberto Martinez can fook right off what the has he ever done in the game to even deserve to be linked with the Liverpool job?

Rafa Benitez proven manager at the top level, 3 champs league finals in his career, won one of them, enough said.

Hes only been in 2 both with Liverpool against Milan

Kenny was out of his depth from day 1, he wanted the job when Hodgson came in and sat back while the fans turned on Hodgson. He was out of the game for too long and the job of a manager has changed. His handling of the media was atrocious and his handling of Suarez was a disgrace.

He never seemed to understand how to get the best from his players nderlined by his insistance on playing Henderson outwide

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Wed 16 May 2012, 6:06 pm

FreekShow wrote:

Well thats my point. He has no experience of managing a big club which is different to managing Wigan so why would the Liverpool owners take a massive risk by appointing someone like Martinez. He might get the job its their choice but I think it would be a big mistake and a few steps backwards.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 16 May 2012, 6:09 pm

dublfcynwa wrote:
FreekShow wrote:

Well thats my point. He has no experience of managing a big club which is different to managing Wigan so why would the Liverpool owners take a massive risk by appointing someone like Martinez. He might get the job its their choice but I think it would be a big mistake and a few steps backwards.

He wont be out of his depth at Liverpool then

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Wed 16 May 2012, 6:10 pm

marty2086 wrote:

Hes only been in 2 both with Liverpool against Milan

Kenny was out of his depth from day 1, he wanted the job when Hodgson came in and sat back while the fans turned on Hodgson. He was out of the game for too long and the job of a manager has changed. His handling of the media was atrocious and his handling of Suarez was a disgrace.

He never seemed to understand how to get the best from his players nderlined by his insistance on playing Henderson outwide

Your right I thought he had reached one with Valencia that was a UEFA cup final which he won.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Wed 16 May 2012, 6:13 pm

marty2086 wrote:
dublfcynwa wrote:
FreekShow wrote:

The same Liverpool that have a real European cup, you know the one you get when you win it five times, most massive clubs in europe have them OK
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Wed 16 May 2012, 6:16 pm

Definatley dont want benitez back, the point made above about him not developing squad depth is spot on, and he spent a lot of money! Yes occassionally he bought well-reina, alonso, torres, mascherano, but overall our squad depth was poor!

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 16 May 2012, 6:19 pm

dublfcynwa wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
dublfcynwa wrote:
FreekShow wrote:

The same Liverpool that have a real European cup, you know the one you get when you win it five times, most massive clubs in europe have them OK

Don't massive clubs win leagues and finish at the top of tables? Or do those with delusions of grandeur not feel the need too?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Wed 16 May 2012, 6:22 pm

Yes that why city won the league and you won nothing.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 16 May 2012, 6:23 pm

So was he sacked?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 16 May 2012, 6:26 pm

dublfcynwa wrote:Yes that why city won the league and you won nothing.

No City won the league because they had a goal difference its not like Utd finished 36 points of it was an 8 goal swing which isnt bad for the 'worst Utd team of the Premier League era' as some have called them

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 16 May 2012, 6:27 pm

Have to say I'm with Marty here. The Liverpool job isn't that big anymore imo.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Wed 16 May 2012, 6:30 pm

lfc91 wrote:Definatley dont want benitez back, the point made above about him not developing squad depth is spot on, and he spent a lot of money! Yes occassionally he bought well-reina, alonso, torres, mascherano, but overall our squad depth was poor!

Skrtel, Agger, Lucas, Arbeloa, Glen Johnson, Shelvey were all good signings too and he is responsible for the youth set up being totally revamped and is now producing quality young players every season. I know some Liverpool fans will not want him back but some of the names being branded about are just not realistic. People can dream about Pep Guardiola or Jose all they want I am thinking realistic tragets.

dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 16 May 2012, 6:31 pm

as a united fan kind of disappointed, while i dislike the man for the whole suarez affair he wasnt taking you anywhere which was fine in my eyes.

do feel that he wasnt the man making the transfers though and that man is the one who should shoulder most of the blame as wasting nearly 80 million on carroll, henderson and downing is scandolous. considering what other teams have spent and got much better quality in. will be intresting to see if the new manager is given more money as daft as it sounds the squad needs a overhaul in my eyes as the players mentioned are never going to be good enough to play in a team that wants to challenge for a title

Last edited by compelling and rich on Wed 16 May 2012, 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Wed 16 May 2012, 6:31 pm

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:Have to say I'm with Marty here. The Liverpool job isn't that big anymore imo.

Laugh Well if you say so then it has to be true.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 16 May 2012, 6:32 pm

Claudio Ranieri is available..............
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Wed 16 May 2012, 6:38 pm

Steve Bruce is available Whistle The big beachball head is always available.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 May 2012, 6:41 pm

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:Have to say I'm with Marty here. The Liverpool job isn't that big anymore imo.

I'm a Liverpool fan and I can't disagree with this. People need to let go of the past and learn to look forward. Nottingham Forest are the last English club to win back to back European Cups and where are they now? What happened yesterday means nothing for tomorrow. Yes it's nice to look back on past triumphs but that's all they are.

Make no mistake this Liverpool job is massive in terms of what needs to be done and what does need to be done by the incoming manager is try and get the club back on a competitive footing. Right now we are nowhere nearer winning the PL than we were from it's inception. The only difference between now and 20 years ago is that there are half a dozen clubs ahead of us instead of one or two.

Yes Liverpool FC have five European Cups to their name but they also have a squad littered with average players and expensive mistakes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 May 2012, 6:43 pm

I think the owners will choose a manager that will be acceptable to the Liverpool fans. I think the majority of Liverpool fans understand the reasons why the owners felt that it was in the clubs interests that they terminated Dalglish's managerial contract. I hope that he remains connected with the club.

To those that support Liverpool: How many more years has Steven Gerrard left at the club - he will be 32 at the end of this month, and seems to be spending more of his time off injured. Is there anyone in line to replace him?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 May 2012, 6:45 pm

Nore Staat wrote:I think the owners will choose a manager that will be acceptable to the Liverpool fans. I think the majority of Liverpool fans understand the reasons why the owners felt that it was in the clubs interests that they terminated Dalglish's managerial contract. I hope that he remains connected with the club.

To those that support Liverpool: How many more years has Steven Gerrard left at the club - he will be 32 at the end of this month, and seems to be spending more of his time off injured. Is there anyone in line to replace him?

Gerrard's already on the wane and no there is nobody within that squad, in my opinion, that looks like getting anywhere near his former peak level.

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 16 May 2012, 6:47 pm

Should Liverpool accept losses on some of their players?

Talking about Adam, Downing in particular really!

Certainly not good enough to be aiming for the UCL.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 16 May 2012, 6:48 pm

Apparently Liverpool have contacted AVB.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 16 May 2012, 6:49 pm

TSC wrote:Apparently Liverpool have contacted AVB.

Yikes!

Personally id think someone like Capello would suit Liverpool

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 16 May 2012, 6:50 pm

No way should Downing be ahead of Kuyt in that team, likewise Carragher should call it a day!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 16 May 2012, 6:54 pm

thought avb got a bum deal at chelsea, that dressing room has ruled there for too long and he came in knowing that the squad needed changing. the likes of lampard and drogba have been poor for a while yet when there dropped everyone is up in arms and the players simply dont play for him. liverpool need change avb might bring it, but you would have to support him fully as the likes of gerrard needs replacing sooner rather than later

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 16 May 2012, 7:10 pm

dublfcynwa wrote:

Laugh Well if you say so then it has to be true.

Its time to be realistic. The name aside, its an average squad in all honesty, and they appear to have blown most of their cash last season
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 16 May 2012, 7:18 pm

Liverpool need a RB/Two wingers/A CM and a new top forward so around 75-100m worth of talent realistically that's before you get rid of the deadwood in the squad

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 16 May 2012, 7:20 pm

Fernando wrote:
TSC wrote:Apparently Liverpool have contacted AVB.

Yikes!

Personally id think someone like Capello would suit Liverpool

AVB never got the chance he deserved but IMO, Liverpool need an experienced manager for now, like Capello. Not slating AVB but don't think he'd suit Liverpool at this moment in time. Hope to be proved wrong, I'm a fan of the guy.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 16 May 2012, 7:21 pm

RB is probably our strongest position with Johnson being hugely underrated, with people basing their opinion on him of the media hype from around three years ago. Then we have Martin Kelly in back up who is excellent defensively and getting better every game he plays attacking wise. And then below that we have Jon Flanagan who is decent cover and hopefully developing underneath the other two.

I agree on the rest though.

We also need back up at left back, and probably a cheap keeper to show Reina his position isn't a certainty so he doesn't keep being a little too sloppy and lazy.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 16 May 2012, 7:25 pm

Crimey wrote:RB is probably our strongest position with Johnson being hugely underrated, with people basing their opinion on him of the media hype from around three years ago. Then we have Martin Kelly in back up who is excellent defensively and getting better every game he plays attacking wise. And then below that we have Jon Flanagan who is decent cover and hopefully developing underneath the other two.

I think Kelly is better then Johnson frankly, Ive Johnson play many many times and he always seems to have a mistake in him when it comes to defending.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 16 May 2012, 7:26 pm

I can't think of a time this year where he's made a mistake that's put us in danger.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 16 May 2012, 7:26 pm

If they back AVB with funds its a good appointment. Also find some cheaper foreign youth. Being English whacks 10m+ onto your price tag.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 16 May 2012, 7:27 pm

Have they tried pushing Johnson on a little further forward and playing Kelly at RB? Could be a decent wing option.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 16 May 2012, 7:31 pm

Crimey wrote:I can't think of a time this year where he's made a mistake that's put us in danger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15K9eD8PyAA

Read the description in the box thumbsup Would try and find footage but will take going through 20 other links

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 16 May 2012, 7:57 pm

lol..
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/580758539.jpg?key=14001500&Expires=1337195523&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=Rjrl8UB0WbX2WcUejzJkzstbEjyNRgSV-IHbXNGP57K6KBquQIZA1ZqyEkW7gSc1WYcq2Wl8WC1cL~bvlRh9gW3fuMHAnhzx2~qXNBDOYIVE5YWvUeqyIpBCVwVyDxkKOxA16tR94840YbKSpS5pALlDQPAm~-PqdG3PvspVrpA_
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Wed 16 May 2012, 9:06 pm

He did not resign. He was sacked....

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 16 May 2012, 9:28 pm

Crimey wrote:RB is probably our strongest position with Johnson being hugely underrated, with people basing their opinion on him of the media hype from around three years ago. Then we have Martin Kelly in back up who is excellent defensively and getting better every game he plays attacking wise. And then below that we have Jon Flanagan who is decent cover and hopefully developing underneath the other two.

We also need back up at left back, and probably a cheap keeper to show Reina his position isn't a certainty so he doesn't keep being a little too sloppy and lazy.

Left back? Enrique was your best player last season..? Erm

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 16 May 2012, 10:32 pm

That's why I said back up, and Enrique's form tailed off drastically towards the end, although I'm not too worried. Aurelio is out of contract so we only have Johnson who can play there and J. Robinson, but he is too young so we could with a back up left back.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 17 May 2012, 6:38 pm

Wigan have given Liverpool permission to speak to Roberto Martinez
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content