The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MLF

+10
Mike Selig
Anthony Treacher
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Diggers
Josef K.
djlovesyou
ryanbailey
english_osprey
Strawberry Jam
azania
14 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

MLF - Page 5 Empty MLF

Post by azania Fri 25 May 2012 - 22:48

First topic message reminder :

What is happening to this kid? He looked totally overweight and is now slower than when he was 17. Where has his talent gone? Up in smoke?

azania

Back to top Go down

MLF - Page 5 Empty Re: MLF

Post by djlovesyou Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 23:54

But the simple fact that you cannot turn Type I fibres into Type II fibres means that there is only so much improvement you can attain in sprinting.

My personal best for the 100m is 12.8 (which I actually think was dodgy timing and probably slower). I was 17 at the time.

I honestly don't think I could have gone too much quicker at any time to be honest, even when I was at my best. Perhaps marginally. No amount of training would have pushed me to be fastest in the world, the country or even my club. (probably not even my street). It wouldn't have mattered when the training started, muscle make-up is something you're born with.

As for Rono and Terget, you're probably right. I was more thinking about Tergat's marathon, but Rono could have been successful there had he not been a raging alcoholic.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by ryanbailey Sat 9 Jun 2012 - 22:02

[quote="english_osprey"]tanzania my friend, defeat hurts I know but why take it out on DJ?

Let's leave it and move on. You're wrong and I think you know you are. But, and this is my last question to you, why are you so determined to 'prove' that west-africans don't have natural advantages in the sprints?

If it's of any use to you here's a list of things that I would be interested in talking about (in no particular order)

1.Drug-taking and general cheating in athletics
2.The terrible coverage of athletics that the BBC thinks is acceptable
3.Why sebastian coe is more is more interested in power-politics than the well-being of athletics
4.Why Jamaica with a population slightly greater then Wales has 3 of the 4 fastest 100m times of all time
5.Daley thompson and why a double olympic champion is such an unpopular and peripheral figure
6.How are athletic clubs still run very poorly and controlled by the very elderly
7.Exactly how many jamaican athletes are taking PEDS
8. How smug is Michael Johnson on a scale of 1-10
9. The utter contempt that the Olympic organisers have treated the clubs in terms of ticket allocation
10. The reason for the complete dominance of sprinting by athletes of west african origin....oh no we've done that one.

Add more if you want[/quote]

lol.. you truly are a funny little man.

I'd like to ask you exactly how many Jamaicans are taking PEDS?

Now the RSA and NZ rugby teams are on drugs too? lol... oh it gets better...

I was laughing out loud at these posts. Then digs at Seb Coe??? I think you take your self a little too seriously.

ryanbailey

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 0:11

But as long as we've come to an agreement that muscle make-up is certainly genetic, I don't mind.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 0:20

Genetic in what way? Racial?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 0:27

(small facepalm)

No. That your characteristics are influenced by your parents characteristics.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 0:35

This issue is that west Africans are genetically faster than the rest (at elite level).

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 12:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed insult.)

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 0:38

There's more chance that a person of West African origin will be born with the physical characteristics to sprint faster than the general population.

Simple stuff.

Good Jonathan Vaughters quote from today although not his quote: "You can turn a miler into a marathoner, but you can't turn a marathoner into a miler"

Speed is natural - that's what that quote implies.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 0:42

djlovesyou wrote:There's more chance that a person of West African origin will be born with the physical characteristics to sprint faster than the general population.

Simple stuff.

Good Jonathan Vaughters quote from today although not his quote: "You can turn a miler into a marathoner, but you can't turn a marathoner into a miler"

Speed is natural - that's what that quote implies.

Nah. No physical, genetic or whatever advantage. Just good old fashioned self belief and hard work.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 0:46

That's where the facepalm comes in.

Do you honestly believe that Paul Tergat could have been a sub 10 second guy with 'good old fashioned self belief and hard work'?

What about me?

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 1:12

djlovesyou wrote:That's where the facepalm comes in.

Do you honestly believe that Paul Tergat could have been a sub 10 second guy with 'good old fashioned self belief and hard work'?

What about me?

I think you need that facepalm yourself. You appear confused. I have no idea where you get your intelligence because I have never once alluded that anyone can run sub 10 with hard work and belief alone. But carry on. You are funny. And please don't stalk me on the boxing board. Its pretty childish. thumbsup

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 2:51

I'm not being funny, but do you actually remember what your first argument was?

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 3:15

I think you've forgotten and are now trying to twist it. The argument is that those of west african origin have a genetic trait (my paraphrase) that enables them to run faster. I disagreed.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 3:26

More likely to have to have the propensity to run faster is what was actually said I think.

You disagreed because you think white people just don't try hard enough or believe enough in themselves.

Everybody else laughed.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 3:34

djlovesyou wrote:More likely to have to have the propensity to run faster is what was actually said I think.

You disagreed because you think white people just don't try hard enough or believe enough in themselves.

Everybody else laughed.

I disagreed because I said if people believe that they they have already put themselves at a disadvantage. Someone else put it better. Obviously Lemaitre believes in his talent and more will follow. Role model and all that.

You have Darwinism view which is interesting.

I repeat, West Africans do not have an advantage. If they did, then 100% west african blooded people would dominate. They dont. Those of mixed heritage dominate. Still no explanation other than blacks look alike type arguments.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 12:48

english_osprey wrote:rugbydreamer

what there could you possibly question?

i think i was understating the case if anything. surely to god the blacks are the kings of cheating? i thought everybody knew that? isn't it a generally acknowledged fact?

just don't get me started on SH refs either!

english opsrey - no. what you wrote is so wrong on so many different levels, I honestly don't know where to being. I thought you were joking, but if you weren't I'm afraid I'll have to remove that post.

Claiming that two of the best teams in rugby are cheats or taking roids is simply not on.

Right folks I am editing posts on this thread AGAIN due to insults and quite frankly unacceptable post content. This is a warning to you all now, please learn how to post respectfully and in keeping with the rules of this forum, or you will face a ban. It's as simple as that.

Back to top Go down

Post by english_osprey Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 12:14

rugbydreamer

you are way out of line on this one

I don't believe that I claimed they cheat anywhere on my post! The NH and SH have very great differences on their interpretation of the rules especially at the breakdown. What I suggested is that the SH tends to employ referees sympathetic to their view. The fact that you don't see this doesn't make my post less valid. Read any decent rugby forum and you will see that I am very far from alone in this view. Didn't you see the WC final?
Don't get me wromg the AB's are easily the best Union team in the world and I do like the style they play it's just that they like to screw every ounce of advantage out of every given situation that they can, which grates a little. Can't you see that?

"what you wrote is so wrong on so many different levels, I honestly don't know where to being. I thought you were joking, but if you weren't I'm afraid I'll have to remove that post"

Way to go re a discussion! Don't like what you say and so I'm going to pretend it doesn't exist. Why not try a reply and see how that goes? It's a forum for discussion isn't it?

english_osprey

Back to top Go down

Post by english_osprey Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 12:42

Ry

Are you a seb coe fan?

english_osprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jun 2012 - 19:21

e_o - your posts were completely out of line and again now. You are actually suggesting that the SH employ referees that will favour them. That is a scandalous comment to make. To accuse teams of taking roids and cheating and to present these things as fact is inflammatory and almost libelous. I can't believe you can't see that.

I suggest you heed my warning in future about your posting style, and the content of your posts, and again ensure they are in keeping with this site's rules. If you don't, further action will be taken.

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Tue 12 Jun 2012 - 19:27

Did he say bad things about rugby?

Poor you.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jun 2012 - 20:19

Not so much bad as completely incorrect and bordering on libelous dj - completely unacceptable on this forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 12 Jun 2012 - 23:44

djlovesyou wrote:Did he say bad things about rugby?

Poor you.

No. He simply passed off ridiculous opinions as fact. You should know that.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Wed 13 Jun 2012 - 12:24

Didn't he get a ban for weed?

Then was never the same again.

Wrong crowd, wrong attitude.

Only the most talented can be so hap hazard and with the most talented giving everything at the minute, those a little bit below, will have no chance unless they put in the ground work.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum