The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The outlaw is back!

3 posters

Go down

The outlaw is back! Empty The outlaw is back!

Post by boomdangle Mon 28 May 2012, 2:13 pm

Dan Hardy returned with a knockout, what a way to get noticed again.
Could see how much the win meant to him as he really was drinking in the last chance saloon.
Lets hope he can get back in the octagon soon to start a run of wins.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

The outlaw is back! Empty Re: The outlaw is back!

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 31 May 2012, 8:49 am

yeah its a huge win in terms of his career if not in reality. Beating a (fairly) well known fighter and getting a share of knock out of the night will do his stock a lot of good. The reality is though that his opponent isnt top drawer and has lost more fights than hes won in recent years.
Hardy still has a lot to prove to show hes developed his game beyond that Roughhouse brawling style ( which got figured out) and that hes ready to start getting matched with top 10 fighters again.
Good luck to him, its a step in the right direction. The UFC like fighters who can get big knock outs so youd expect him to get pushed back up if he keeps winning.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 May 2012, 1:44 pm

I think the opponent was picked because he was a kickboxer who probably wouldn't take it to the ground & was a confidence booster for Hardy. A couple more confidence building fights & then step it up to see how he has improved his style & techniques although I feel its a big ask to expect him to change that much from what he's done all his life especially when he gets pressured & returns to type.

Back to top Go down

Post by boomdangle Thu 31 May 2012, 2:54 pm

be interesting to see his ground game as he has meant to have been working hard on that, the lad isnt all kick boxing as remember against GSP he put up a very respectable showing. Maybe it was just a case of buying into his own hype as now after having the highs and the lows in the UFC he maybe more humble and adaptable.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 May 2012, 5:11 pm

He put in a very good performance against GSP & never gave up, I'm sure a lot of opponents would've tapped, a tough guy.

Maybe he bought into his own hype a bit & tried to give the fans what they wanted & often did win or lose but he defo seems more happy to keep the fight standing. I hear he has been training alongside Frank Mir & working on his ground game with his team. I still feel he'll always be a stand up fighter first but hopefully he will have improved on the ground if & when he is taken down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 01 Jun 2012, 10:56 am

I guess i'm glad for Hardy but others will be critical saying he should of been dropped already, which to be fair he would have been if he wasn't English.

Problem is he was matched with someone who would keep it standing so is merely a win for his confidence and give the UFC a reason to not drop him.

Good luck to hardy as his exciting to watch but I fear he'll get into the same trouble when he steps up again or fights someone with a good ground game but i'd be happy to be proven wrong!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:29 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:I guess i'm glad for Hardy but others will be critical saying he should of been dropped already, which to be fair he would have been if he wasn't English.

Problem is he was matched with someone who would keep it standing so is merely a win for his confidence and give the UFC a reason to not drop him.

Good luck to hardy as his exciting to watch but I fear he'll get into the same trouble when he steps up again or fights someone with a good ground game but i'd be happy to be proven wrong!

That's UFC politics for you, they don't drop a fighter if he's a crowd pleaser & Hardy brings the UK fans as well

I must say Hardy's personality is not one I take to but he's a stand up fighter & English so I wish him luck but I agree with you when he steps up or fights somebody with a good ground game. training alongside Mir will have given him some pointers but I don't think it will have transformed him into a A Class wrestler/grappler/BJJ fighter, fighters fight to their strengths.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down