The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A cross-sport question

+8
ChequeredJersey
Kingshu
Cumbrian
jeffwinger
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
RDW
sugarNspikes
InjuredYetAgain
12 posters

Go down

A cross-sport question Empty A cross-sport question

Post by InjuredYetAgain Tue 29 May - 21:04

A simple question. How do the English posters want their soccerball team to do this summer? Like me in Scotland, are you fed up with the totally disproportionate amount of media exposure that football get and therefore, you hope they get pumped OR are you hoping they do well?
I must confess that while I always want a NH team to beat a SH team in rugby, I do hope that they do get a bit of a doing.
I hope no one takes this as a wind-up as it isn't meant that way; it is a question I am genuinely interested in

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

A cross-sport question Empty Re: A cross-sport question

Post by sugarNspikes Tue 29 May - 21:24

I follow most sports to an extent.

I want an English side to do well whatever the sport or competition. Being British, the same goes for British competitors when they represent Britain too.

I'll be supporting England in the Euros. Not convinced they'll do that well though Crying or Very sad

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 29 May - 21:49

Good to see you back injured - it's been a while!

My patience finally snapped when the final 4 numbers of the Soccer Aid phone number for the match on Sunday were 1966. A cross-sport question Shooti11

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Tue 29 May - 22:16

ASBO reaches 7500 posts, you become a Mod. Have I entered a parallel universe?

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 29 May - 22:22

Welcome to the Matrix thumbsup

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffwinger Tue 29 May - 23:00

I am fed up with the totally disproportionate coverage that both the England team and lower league football get. The coverage for the Premier League is justifiable but not really the others I don't think. I also find international football extremely dull and of significantly lower playing standard to the top club competitions. However I will always support an England team and hope they do well. As you say, it would be nice to finally stop hearing about 1966.

jeffwinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Wed 30 May - 7:41

I used to be a bigger football fan than I am now. I got fed up of the threatening atmosphere at the games, the nasty chanting and the general attitude of a lot of the fans. I will probably watch the tournament, but I won't feel rubbish like I used to when they play terribly and crash out of it.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 30 May - 7:43

InjuredYetAgain wrote:ASBO reaches 7500 posts, you become a Mod. Have I entered a parallel universe?

Yeah sorry bout that - been taken by the dark side! Good to.have you back though - would be interesting to hear your thoughts on the Edinburgh signings on my article in the club section.

Jeffwinger - I agree, international football isn't quite the same intensity. Most of the tine they're just not wanting to get injured!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Wed 30 May - 9:52

Have to admit that usually I want England to lose, as the media hype that goes with them is unbearable, but this year with the low expections an dless hype, I actually won't be wishing them to lose.

Maybe not quite supporting them, but not wanting them to be beat.

I also think they will play better this tourament due to lack of media pressure and expections. The worst enemy of the English Football team is the English media, the same can be applied to the rugby team as well.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 30 May - 12:38

I am completely and utterly indifferent to how we do specifically in the football, but I'm happy with any Golds we can get
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 30 May - 13:07

I won't be supporting England. Reason being I'm Irish and we're in the Euros. Won't be for long with some of Trap's ridiculous decisions. He is a lot like Deccie Kidney!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 30 May - 13:20

Thomond wrote:I won't be supporting England. Reason being I'm Irish and we're in the Euros. Won't be for long with some of Trap's ridiculous decisions. He is a lot like Deccie Kidney!
Ah steady on. Trap gets the best out of some poorish players, admittedly by playing a negative game (But remember big Jack)

Kiddley gets some of the best players in Europe and.........

On the main question. I neither love or hate Soccer or the English Soccer team. So I will be feeling less lukewarm about supporting England than Ireland in the Euros. Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 30 May - 13:25

He also has some incredibly good players who he is ignoring. He needs to mix it up a bit.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 30 May - 13:58

Thomond wrote:He also has some incredibly good players who he is ignoring. He needs to mix it up a bit.

Kidders or Trap?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Wed 30 May - 14:21

I used to watch the footy quite a lot, but due to the personalities of some of the England players involved, I just can't be bothered now.

It might just be me but they seem to save their agression for nightclubs and tweets nowadays and lack any commitment on the pitch.
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 30 May - 14:59

Both Jen. Madigan for Kidney numerous for the soccer team.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Wed 30 May - 15:31

Well, I definitely hope our wendyball players do well in the Euros. Don't expect them to though - realistically, getting to the knockout phase of the tournament would be a pretty decent performance given the quality of players we have available.

I do have plenty of issues regarding how football is played and run at the moment (especially the amount of conning the referee that is now almost a necessity in top level games), and in how some international teams don't seem to put in the effort. However, despite these I still hope that England emerge from this tournament with credit, particularly for their new manager who seems to be a decent guy.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down