The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When the "fix" falls apart

+4
Seanusarrilius
AlexHuckerby
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
8 posters

Go down

When the "fix" falls apart Empty When the "fix" falls apart

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 31 May 2012, 3:29 pm

I just sat through the Salito vs Lopez II fight again and scored it 87-74 to Salito (being incredibly generous to Lopez) up until the knockout.

Obviously this fight was headed for controversy as 2 judges had Lopez up 86-84 and one had it even (85-85). Now, this to me screamed of a fix waiting to happen and at the time I was so glad to see Lopez get taken out.

Another fight more recently which seemed to be going the way of a fix (in my eyes and many others) was McCloskey vs Corley. The ex-champ was behind on all 3 cards when he finally put the fight to bed (or would have done, had IJL allowed McCloskey to finish his little dance).

So, the question is this:

Which fights have blew up in the faces of the boogie men who determine the winner before the bell has already rang by the favorite getting stopped before the robbery takes place??

Cheers

Dee
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

When the "fix" falls apart Empty Re: When the "fix" falls apart

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 31 May 2012, 3:36 pm

Think Mallinaggi was getting shafted until he got the stoppage.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 31 May 2012, 3:38 pm

We don't know for sure but I reckon Martinez/Williams 2 would have been.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 31 May 2012, 3:44 pm

I love it when the "fix" falls apart. No one is immune to a KO. Although I do rememebr Robin Reid dropping Ottke only for it not to be counted, and then Reid got docked a point for good measure.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 31 May 2012, 3:47 pm

Both good examples and in turn overjoyed when both won!

I heard about the Salido/Lopez fight before I watched it so i made a point of scoring the fight whilst i watched it. No way could you have had Lopez winning it so shows it IMHO it was fix on the cards which luckily never had the opportunity to got to the score cards.

Can't think of others ATM but the more knowledgeable guys will surely enlighten us!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 31 May 2012, 4:40 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:We don't know for sure but I reckon Martinez/Williams 2 would have been.

Not too sure about that Alex. I dont think they would have had the rematch if that was the case.

Look at Williams/Lara, as blatant a robbery as you will see and no rematch was even considered. Or even Rios vs Abrill, no rematch is going to be allowed to happen for that one either by the looks of things.

With the Williams/Martinez fight I lean more towards Hopkins/Pascal 1, the rematch (if allowed) would always have to be scored fairly due to the outcry from the first.

So my feeling is, Williams vs Martinez 2 would have been alright if it had of finished after 12, the best guy would have got the decision.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 31 May 2012, 5:11 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:We don't know for sure but I reckon Martinez/Williams 2 would have been.

Not too sure about that Alex. I dont think they would have had the rematch if that was the case.

Look at Williams/Lara, as blatant a robbery as you will see and no rematch was even considered. Or even Rios vs Abrill, no rematch is going to be allowed to happen for that one either by the looks of things.

With the Williams/Martinez fight I lean more towards Hopkins/Pascal 1, the rematch (if allowed) would always have to be scored fairly due to the outcry from the first.

So my feeling is, Williams vs Martinez 2 would have been alright if it had of finished after 12, the best guy would have got the decision.

Very good points made, though Martinez/Williams was a FOTY Contender and people wanted to see it again, partly for that reason, Abril/Rios was a snorefest. But you're probably right.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Thu 31 May 2012, 5:23 pm

Danny Williams got past some of the worst refereeing you will ever see against Airich, it was Ottke vs Reid bad until Williams got the stoppage. That might actually be the most angry I have ever been watching a fight and I didn't even see it live I watched the replay.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 31 May 2012, 5:30 pm

bellchees wrote:Danny Williams got past some of the worst refereeing you will ever see against Airich, it was Ottke vs Reid bad until Williams got the stoppage. That might actually be the most angry I have ever been watching a fight and I didn't even see it live I watched the replay.

That was bad, its up there with Cintron/Martinez.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 31 May 2012, 5:41 pm

I do believe Tyson was up on the scorecards just before being taken out by Buster Douglas.

EDIT: No it was even but looked like it heading for a fix.

Larry Rozadilla: (88-82 Douglas)
Ken Morita: (87-86 Tyson)
Masakazu Uchida: (86-86)

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 31 May 2012, 5:46 pm

Duty281 wrote:I do believe Tyson was up on the scorecards just before being taken out by Buster Douglas.

EDIT: No it was even but looked like it heading for a fix.

Larry Rozadilla: (88-82 Douglas)
Ken Morita: (87-86 Tyson)
Masakazu Uchida: (86-86)

Never knew that, thats shocking. Tyson barely landed a punch in some rounds!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Thu 31 May 2012, 5:54 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:I love it when the "fix" falls apart. No one is immune to a KO. Although I do rememebr Robin Reid dropping Ottke only for it not to be counted, and then Reid got docked a point for good measure.

Reid must be the only boxer in history to dominate a round, knocking his opponent down in the process, and it be scored 10 - 8 to the other guy!!

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down