The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the good old days when you listened to commentary

+5
UpsideDownFace
NickisBHAFC
Crimey
Stonee21
Mr Video Man
9 posters

Go down

the good old days when you listened to commentary Empty the good old days when you listened to commentary

Post by Mr Video Man Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:54 am

nowadays when the commentators are talking its just 1 having ago at the other and taking the doodle out of each other and you can go the whole show without listening to a word they say and it actually makes you enjoy the show more if you dont listen to them...

whereas when you had jr/heyman or jr/lawler or vince/monsoon etc you listened to them because they talked about the matches and the holds and the story which helped the match seem better... for example austin is the champion stone cold stone cold stone cold..........tyson and austin tyson and austin all hell is brakin loose........my god he may be broken in half......someone stop the damn match etc.

what do you think could be done to make commentary worth listening to again during the shows?
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

the good old days when you listened to commentary Empty Re: the good old days when you listened to commentary

Post by Stonee21 Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:16 am

Easy

Cole and JR on Raw (with Cole not constantly making terrible fat jokes and actually commentating)
On Smackdown have Regal as the heel and then pair him with Striker.

Problem solved, but this is WWE so you have no chance of it ever happening.

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

the good old days when you listened to commentary Empty Re: the good old days when you listened to commentary

Post by Crimey Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:20 am

Get rid of the stupid policy of being silent when big events happen.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:07 am

Cole, Lawler and JR on Raw. Why did they get rid of JR them 3 were doing well last year. JR was class at Hell in the Cell PPV

Cole, Booker and Regal on Smackdown. Booker is the reason i watch Smackdown.

Josh and Striker on nxt and superstars.

Then the 3 raw guys at ppv aswell.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:22 am

Crimey wrote:Get rid of the stupid policy of being silent when big events happen.

Agree 100%. JR made so many moments much better than they actually were, just by going insane.

For example, I've never been a huge fan of Martin Tyler. But I thought his commentary for Aguero's title winning goal was incredible. Imagine if he had been silent during it.

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:51 am

JR is one of the best play by play commentators of all time he should be the lead on Raw.

The problem with the situation you have now is Michael Cole is a heel & how can you possibly sell the match with the main guy constantly berating the talent??

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:10 am

Brady12 wrote:The problem with the situation you have now is Michael Cole is a heel & how can you possibly sell the match with the main guy constantly berating the talent??

This this a thousand times this. The main play by play guy should always be a face. Hes the main link between the action and fans. How can they expect to get casual fans to care when Cole is berating all the faces?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:46 am

JR has always provided the best moments. His commentary with Heyman for SS 2001 with the WWF vs The Alliance was priceless. When Angle ran to the ring and picked up the belt:

Heyman: Here comes Kurt to help out his team

JR: Son of a B..(Angle hits Austin) OH MY GAWD, AND THE COVER 1,2,3 YESS!! KURT ANGLE SCREWED YOU GUYS! YOUR OUT OF A JOB PAUL, KURT JUST SCREWED YOU GUYS!' that was brilliant, because he reacted as everyone at home reacted. I made this point before, you need a play by play guy, Lawler and JR were so good during the 'Evolution days' as I remember them because you had Lawler as the heel commentator and JR, who was a face but would still call the match right down the middle. Cole shows signs of doing this and imo does a good job, its just when he completely deserts this approach and becomes full heel and it doesn't work with Lawler just telling him to shut up.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:12 am

Vince: 'It was me Austin, it was me all along!'
JR:'Son of a b!tch.'

such a classic
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:35 pm

Jerry Lawler hasn't been good for about 9 years, he should be dropped, whether they bring JR back or not.

I also don't think JR was as good in his later years because he didn't have the same connection with the wrestlers, he only really perked up when some of the older guys wrestled.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down