The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newport Gwent Dragons players ringing season ticket holders to renew

+4
Cardiff Dave
Smirnoffpriest
Rava
Shifty
8 posters

Go down

Newport Gwent Dragons players ringing season ticket holders to renew Empty Newport Gwent Dragons players ringing season ticket holders to renew

Post by Shifty Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:51 am

After reading resent posts on the Dragged Up forum it appears the Dragons have been having their players to ring up season ticket holders to try and get them to renew. They are also doing a new promotion that if a Dragons fan introduces a new fan they get a free jersey.

That's one way to reach out to their fans, nice idea. Very Happy
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Newport Gwent Dragons players ringing season ticket holders to renew Empty Re: Newport Gwent Dragons players ringing season ticket holders to renew

Post by Rava Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:34 am

Rugby, like every other business must look after its customers. I like this a lot. I'm sure my mate Rev who is the Dragons biggest fan will also love it.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Newport Gwent Dragons players ringing season ticket holders to renew Empty Re: Newport Gwent Dragons players ringing season ticket holders to renew

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:55 am

I had a letter through the door from the dragons saying season tickets were £99 and came with a book of complimentary guest tickets and if u got a friend to buy a season ticket u got a away jersey.

Really good deal, but if theyre getting the players to phone fans then the situation must be quite serious which is worrying

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:36 am

Rava wrote:Rugby, like every other business must look after its customers. I like this a lot. I'm sure my mate Rev who is the Dragons biggest fan will also love it.

Haha, I thought that once and then the person in charge of Cardiff decided he would move his team to Leckwith.
Has he admitted his errors? Nah. Not a dicky bird.
Can't really see how the offer of a last season's free Newport GD second strip jersey will make much difference to season ticket sales. If it's true that players are phoning people to ask them to renew then that is worrying.
Good luck to Pooler on Monday and boo to you WRU.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:14 am

Rava wrote:Rugby, like every other business must look after its customers. I like this a lot. I'm sure my mate Rev who is the Dragons biggest fan will also love it.

Yes I do, though I didn't get one.

I don't see the problem with it. We had a dreadful season and obviously people read our forum and see people on about not renewing, so they've tried to make it personal to as many as they could and included a good offer with the shirt. Seeing as everybody is jumping on the Ospreys bandwagon and praising them for trying to entice new supporters, what's wrong with us doing that while also trying not to alienate some of our season ticket holders.

I'll be renewing when I get back from abroad and be buying one for my Scottish wife, so great that I get something even if it is a change strip.

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon999 Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:12 am

I renewed & up graded my ST to the Bisley + the hospitality bolt on - I was surprised & delighted to receive my call from Lewis Evans who was happy to chat.The introduce a friend offer was mentioned, at the end of the call i was left feeling valued & appreciated as last season was disppointing to say the least.
Really looking foward to the new season.

dragon999

Back to top Go down

Post by Impossible Standards Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:04 pm

It's a very good marketing strategy. Those who think it's a desperate ploy need to understand marketing better. Well done Dragons.
Impossible Standards
Impossible Standards

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:30 pm

I think this is a really good idea. Its simple and very effective. Well done to Dragons.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:40 pm

Whose picking up the phone bill if Lydiate is doing he ringing Wink
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down