The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day matches

2 posters

Go down

Day matches Empty Day matches

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat Jun 23 2012, 11:56

Watching the highlights of the Australia match against Wales at the moment. What a difference a day game makes to the crowd atmosphere. Maybe the Welsh lads didn't like getting up so early but frankly I'd rather watch my team play during the day than at night when the surface is invariably covered in dew and the handling suffers as a result. Must we always bow to television audiences and reward those people who turn up at the match with a greater likelihood of having better conditions. You can't stop the rain if your stadium doesn't have a roof but you can't stop dew or the cold either.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Day matches Empty Re: Day matches

Post by gowales Sat Jun 23 2012, 12:29

When was the last time there was a day test match in NZ? I don't think i've ever seen one

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat Jun 23 2012, 12:33

Sadly gowales you would probably have to go back to the World XV for our centenary in the 90s. In NZ they make no sense. 9:30am is not too bad for a kick off for European audiences. But give me a day match and an earlier kick off any time for me. Sadly we always bow to the tv dollar. Only SA seem to have day matches on any regular basis maybe because their time zone coincides with the European one.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sat Jun 23 2012, 12:37

Yea but that's just the way it is i suppose. Fox/Sky/Murdoch basically pays for professional rugby in Aus and NZ. I guess that's why Sanzar is trying to break into the Asian and American markets.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down