The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realistic League - Rules

+6
The_Enigma
David James Number One
Marky
Fernando
Bull
Trebs
10 posters

Go down

Realistic League -  Rules Empty Realistic League - Rules

Post by Trebs Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:56 am

TRANSFERS
Foreign transfers must be made on the relevant page. One bid can be made per day, which must be supported by reasoning why the player would join your club. You must make a bid and not an enquiry for the player. If more than one bid is made on the same day for the same player, then the manager which bids the highest amount gets the player, assuming that the club are on a high enough standing to get the player. TSC will run the foreign transfers and his answers are final, no negotiations may be made. If your bid is rejected then you may return the following day to bid, it is a fresh bid the next day, not a continuation of one bid.

Domestic transfers are negotiated by bidding on the manager's page. They can accept/reject offers and negotiations are made until an agreement is made. The transfer is then posted on the confirmation page, and both managers must update their squad lists/balance.

Releases are valued at half of the price that the player would normally be valued at. You post the players you want to release and a price will be given. Any manager may sign a player from releases for that price, however if they wish to re-release a player they then only get half price, and therefore a quarter of the player's usual value.

Foreign Offers will be for one player each week, which will be at around the player's true value. They may be slightly higher or lower, and there are no negotiations or complaining at the offer. Either simply accept the offer or reject it.

INJURIES
Three injuries are given per team, which will be announced on a Monday. These are randomly decided, but the injuries will come from your starting eleven from the previous game. The reason for this is to promote squad rotation and to ensure that managers build a good squad rather than a good starting XI. Playing an injured player will result in you effectively playing with a man down.

If there is a gameweek with a cup game in midweek, then there are no injuries that week. However, you cannot play any of the same players between the games, to ensure that squad rotation is used. The cup can be taken as seriously as you want it to be.

TACTICS
Each week you should write a set of tactics, giving a gameplan. These tactics can only go up to 150 words, which is long enough to get a point across without being excessively long. Tactics should not exceed this amount, and not giving tactics will hamper your chances of winning the game. Once tactics are posted, they must not be edited. A well set up team can win with the right tactics against a better team on paper.

The tactics deadline is midnight on Thursday, if they are handed in late, but before midnight on Friday, then a goal will be deducted from the final result. If they are still not handed then the opposing team will be handed a 2-0 automatic win.

Please post all tactics within spoiler tags and have the game announced at the top of them, to make it easier to scroll through and predict.

PREDICTIONS
Predictions should be private messaged to me, they are not forced but encouraged. Providing reasons for them, however, is a must. I will then take an average ofthem all and use them to write the match reports on a Sunday evening. To ensure transparency, I will give the exact figures given on my own game.

SQUADS/PAGE
Initially, you may select 25 players who play for the team. This is to prevent excessively large amounts of players being added on from the youth squad and immediately released. Any transfers which have taken place in the real life summer transfer window do not count, so for purposes of this league, Eden Hazard does not play for Chelsea and Shinji Kagawa does not play for Manchester United. The squads are based on the squad as it was on the final day of the Premier League or Championship season. Any loaned players play for their parent clubs, so for example, Emmanuel Adebayor is a Manchester City player.

Your squad can be up to 30 players, however must not exceed this amount. On the squad page, the current budget must be shown, the players and a record of all transfers. This should be kept up to date.

CUP COMPETITIONS
These will take place in midweek during the season. It is up to individual managers how seriously they want to take this competition, as a fourth injury will be added for each game where the team is in the cup, which may impact the league performance. However, winning the cup competition guarantees 10m prize money and European Competition.

In the subsequent seasons, the top four will be entered into a Champions League with four foreign teams, the following four into a Europa League (or three - if the winner of the FA Cup is outside of the top eight) and the bottom eight into the FA Cup.

Note that if two teams have the same number of points, then they shall be separated by league wins, then goal difference, goals scored, head to head record.

RESPONSIBILITIES
I will need help running all aspects of the league, I am going to do the match reports each week, but other jobs will need doing:

- Foreign Transfers - TSC
- Injuries - Fernando
- Foreign Offers - Marky
- League Table - DavidJames
- Releases - Olly
- Cup competition

Last edited by onlytreblewinners on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:50 am; edited 7 times in total

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Realistic League -  Rules Empty Re: Realistic League - Rules

Post by Bull Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:58 am

nice whens the draws etc?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:00 am

Probably all take place on Monday, will have to see when the managers come in.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:01 am

ill do injuries if needed Realistic League -  Rules 3559488474

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:01 am

14s not to bad ?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:53 pm

I'll do Lawyers offers OK

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by David James Number One Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:59 pm

I will do the league table. OK I do think however that players like Kagawa/Hazard should start at their respective clubs. Then have to pick 25 players from their current squads.

David James Number One

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:40 am

I have seen this done in other football games on here, but will you be allowed to loan players from other clubs that are in the game?

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:43 am

Hmm, thing is there's a cut off point for all deals, and a lot of rumours about clubs signing players. Just putting a blanket on all transfers makes life simpler.

Cheers for doing the league table, and I don't know, probably Enigma OK

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:57 am

Are you saying we have to vote or don't have to?
Or would it be up to you to do reports/results?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 am

You're not forced to vote, but it's encouraged. They will be PM'd to me and I will use the averages of the results to write reports.

I'd sooner have five good, well thought out sets of predictions than fifteen half-arsed predictions OK

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:26 am

I will do a releases page if you want?! What shall it be run off, TransferMarkt?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:55 am

What kind of cup competition are you thinking of? Straight knockout? Two legged? or Group stage and then quarters or semis?

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:02 am

Cup competition will be a simple knockout for the first season OK

Champions/Europa league in subsequent seasons I reckon two legged games with a final.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Russell_Elmo Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:37 pm

In regards to winning/drawing matches do we get some sort of moola for it?

Russell_Elmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:17 am

No, there's a 5m increase every four gameweeks, that will be instead of win bonuses. At the end of the season prize money will be awarded for league and cup OK

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down