The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golovkin vs Pirog: How Good Are These Fighters and How Good is the Fight?

+3
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
davidemore
7 posters

Go down

Golovkin vs Pirog: How Good Are These Fighters and How Good is the Fight? Empty Golovkin vs Pirog: How Good Are These Fighters and How Good is the Fight?

Post by davidemore Wed 27 Jun 2012, 11:56 am

Educate me people. I have seen Pirog but not much of Golovkin. Both are highly rated and can bang, so, how good is this fight? What will the American setting do for their exposure? and who would we like to see them matched up with once the fight is threw. There's some big names for them to go at, right?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Golovkin vs Pirog: How Good Are These Fighters and How Good is the Fight? Empty Re: Golovkin vs Pirog: How Good Are These Fighters and How Good is the Fight?

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Wed 27 Jun 2012, 12:07 pm

Golovkin was a highly decorated amatuer having wins over Andy Lee, Dirrel, and knocking Bute out, he also is a good pro boxer with good footwork and technical ability, I dont know much about Pirog other than he knocked Daniel Jacobs out but judging what Ive seen by both of them I would say Golovkin is the better all round boxer.

Golovkin will beat Pirog by late stoppage or to a wide UD
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Golovkin vs Pirog: How Good Are These Fighters and How Good is the Fight? Empty Re: Golovkin vs Pirog: How Good Are These Fighters and How Good is the Fight?

Post by davidemore Wed 27 Jun 2012, 12:09 pm

Interesting, didn't realize he was so talented as an amateur. Must have some seriously heavy hands.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Wed 27 Jun 2012, 12:15 pm

I think he's been sparring with the likes of Saul Alvarez and by peoples accounts has had them all over in the ring.
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 27 Jun 2012, 12:36 pm

I really rate Golovkin, I think he has the best chance of beating martinez. As someone said befor eye is a highly decorated amateur with big wins and hold medals at world championships and a silver at the Olympics.

He has everything in my eyes. He is a big puncher but isn't a pressure fighter who relies to much on it. He has great technique and is always set to hit with power which is very dangerous as you can't make a mistake or he'll punish you

Pirog is a very big guy and is very tough with a big bang. However, he can be outboxed and Golovkin should be able to do it

This should be a great fight, 2 big hitters with exciting styles who could be top 5 atm. The winner faces the winner of Geale-Sturm, another interesting and meaningful fight

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 27 Jun 2012, 12:41 pm

And Canelo, Martinez and alike hide under their blankets after witnessing the fight, lol.

Martinez's promoter was already smothering a possible meet-up, saying Golovkin couldn't sell tickets. Well, he fought that Eastern European with the killer jab in the arse end of nowhere right? Dz..... something or other. He wasn't a name.

Plus, after the Chavez Jr fight, either Martinez or Chavez Jr would sell the fight alone, and judging by Golovkin's KO power he aint dull. Plus he is coming to the states.

We need to see these beasts from Europe matched against the Americana's!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Wed 27 Jun 2012, 12:42 pm

Pirog has a lot of class and abillity and really exposed Jacobs. I know that Dwyer of Gamblers advisory for one rates him very highly. Golovkin I've seen a couple of times and he has serious power which he showed winning the strap. I hadn't heard that he'd fought Bute as an amateur, but watched it just a second ago and it really is just one big shot (Bute was controlling the action up to that point). I think Pirog's height advantage could be pretty important for him because he's going to want to keep this guy at a range he's comfortable with, and if he can do that i think his footwork could keep Golovkin off balance and win him the night. Golovkin has very good technique from his amateur background, but i think Pirog could just prove a little bit cuter.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 27 Jun 2012, 12:50 pm

I really want to see this fight now. Great insight team. Nothing but a positive vibe about this fight, gonna be a great one and so glad it's on in the States!

Someone's 0 has to go!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 27 Jun 2012, 2:02 pm

Apparently JCC jr got totally embarrassed by Golovkin when they sparred.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 27 Jun 2012, 2:08 pm

Pirog has got great upperbody movement, good power and is hard to tag clean. But Golovkin has better fundamentals and power.

50/50 fight which I would pay to watch.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 27 Jun 2012, 2:09 pm

Golovkin is superb. He will be the future of the division. Pure class. Doesn't fight like an eastern euro plumber.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 27 Jun 2012, 2:14 pm

Can't wait for this.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 27 Jun 2012, 2:20 pm

I would be surprised though if it does big numbers over in the states

Unless you're Chavez Jr there doesn't seem to be much interest in the othe riddle weights, Macklin vs martinez didn't go down too well over there

Middleweight is heating up which is good for boxing imo, image this

Pirog vs Golovkin
Sturm vs Geale

Winners will face off as planned then that winner should fight the Chavez-Martinez winner. Thats the top 6 guys fighting each other over a short space of time which will really help the image of boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down